Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Only in California

I just got my car back from having some service work done on it. One of the services they provide is to check your tire pressures, which is fine with me, but what cracked me up was the wording on the invoice describing this free service.

"Customer authorizes dealer recommended tire air pressure check and inflation service in compliance with California Global Warming Solutions Act 2006 (AB32) & CARB"

Now I understand why California takes forever to pass a budget, they are so busy wasting time passing bills that are just common sense like keeping you tires properly inflated.

Is California the only anal state or are there others, let me know your silly state laws.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have to be the stupidist state of all !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll second that!

Mike
Old 01-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #4

The stupidest thing was using common sense and California in the same sentence. They now have global warming rules in effect that will cost billions.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Lived in CA for many years and then got out. Travelled through 15 States so far and haven't come across any that beat it in sheer bureaucratic silliness yet.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
I left California in the late eighties. Happiness was seeing the "Welcome to California" sign in my REARVIEW mirror.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
A great place to visit.......... But not to live. And that is sad, because if it were different I would move there tomorrow.

Paul
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
My plan was to get out of this state when my wife retired this year but think I'm stuck here for a few more years until the real estate market turns around a bit. Only comforting thought is once we are both retired we can at least leave the state for a while in the motor home. Not sure were I want to move to but I'm definitely get out of California.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post
I left California in the late eighties. Happiness was seeing the "Welcome to California" sign in my REARVIEW mirror.
And as another "used to be Californian", a big AMEN to that!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #10

I hate to tell you this, but the real estate market is not going to turn around in a few years. I think it will be decades before it gets back to where it was, There are so many forecloser homes out there. About 30% of the mortgages in America are under waster (more is owed than the house is valued). All of this backlog has to be cleared out and sold before things can turn around and start going back up. We are "trapped" in our house (no mortgage" but could see it for only about half what we turned down 4 years ago. The high point values were not real values, but people who sold got real money for them. Lots of banks are starting to really toughen up on down payments which I think is a great idea as that's what got us in the mess to start with. Wells Fargo down here in Florida is going with 30% down on a conventional mortgage. That takes a huge % of the folks out of the market and makes things harder to see (Which thru supply and demand, keeps down the prices.)
Old 01-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
AND NOW they are talking about imposing a sales tax on home sales !
At least here in Southern California we have great weather and for that I am greatful. Forget the fires, earthquakes, floods and pestulance. Most of it is News Hype and or people living in areas that the shouldn't. We are 1 hour away from the beach at Leo Carillo and camp there at least once a month. I can get on my horse and in 1 block I can ride for days in and around the Tujunga Wash. So no matter how much our birdbrained, go green at any cost, polititians try to screw things up, they can't screw up the quality of life. For that I am greatful.
And God Bless the Pygmys in Africa !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
When I mentioned a few years I was thinking in 7 or 8 years but depends on how long I can take it here. I guess it will also depend on were I move too. As the market goes up so does my cost to replace my existing home. Ideal situation would be to buy now while market is down and sell current home when market goes back up but unless I make a killing in the stock market that is not an option. At this point in time my vacation home is the RV so will be thankful I have that and just escape from California during the year when we can travel. Who knows it may change my attitude once I visit other states.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I purchased my MH in California in Sept. one of the first things I had to do when I got back home in MI. was remove the cancer warning labels at the front door exterior, on the mirror at the kitchen sink, the mirror at the lav sink, one in the potty area, and I forget where the last one was. These were all specific to California, as was the state emissions testing on the windshield along with another decal on the windshield which I forget what that was for.

Then they had to drive it from LA to Vegas to do an out of state delivery even thought I used my Michigan used vehicle dealers license to buy it which clearly showed as a Michigan sale so I would not have to pay California sales tax.

I had wanted to spend more time in LA and further south but not enough to backtrack the mileages and fuel consumption
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #14

Do mirrors cause cancer in California?