Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
OPEN APPEAL TO Seajay

Seajay you have made many of us here on iRV2 very happy reading your many short stories that I would like to share them with my friends.
Having said that I ask other members to jump in and say the same thing and you will see how many would agree.
Now comes your part. There are at least 1 or 2 members that could help you in getting a book of "My life in Short Stories" in a blog form or being able to download from some other site.
Thank You for the short stories so far.
read & learn

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is definitely something I would pay for.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #3

Yep, he is a cad and has a knack for telling a story.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yep, he is a cad and has a knack for telling a story.
And a Bounder...... Perhaps he just drives a Bounder

Dick
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
go for it
brianj
Old 07-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
BLUSH BLUSH........ Ah Shux.......Gosh.......(shuffling feet nervously, and kicking a small stone).........''UHHHHHHHH, DUUUUUHHHHHHAAAA,".....(scratchin nose and figiting)
(clearing throat and wishin I had a beer to sip on).......
Ok guys, Listen up.
One. I am not a ''writer'' as such. I have never had any kind of formal training and I am not that ''well read'' concerning other authors etc.
Two. I do this mostly for my own gratification (and recognition) by you guys that seem to have so little to do that you read my stuff....
Three. I would have no idea as to how to start a ''blog'' and or to ''charge'' for access or what ever to this ''blog''.
Four. I am retired and I write this stuff as it ''comes to me'' from a ''remember''. I can not ''manufacture'' these things. They are true life experiences that Willa and me have had in our lives and in our travels and I simply put them down pretty much as I remember them. These things and stories are not fantasy but real life events from my memory.
To be honest, I feel that if I tried to string these things into a book form of some sort that I would just make a fool of myself or someone would call me a liar in saying these were true happenings as I remember them. Most all of these ''remembers'' just come to me on an inspiration from an outside source. I saw a beautiful Japanese lady on t.v. and it gave me the ''remember'' of the porcelain dolls in Frisco. And I will say again that these were some beautiful ladies.
Some things are satire based on actual events. One is the crossing of the Canadian border story. That is based on actual fact because I was scared out of my mind as to what would, or could happen. Of course I did not back into the car behind us and break his headlight, I got stopped before I hit him, and Willa didnt throw up in the cassett box she just had to go for a lie down but I wanted to make that story ''fun''.......
The ''fishing in Montana'' thing is greatly imbellished but it is based on fact. I actually did fall into the river and fill my waders up with ice water.
Let me close with this.
I, Seajay the sailor man, do permit any and all persons to read, copy, transmit and otherwise use any printed matter produced by my hand on this network called IRV2. The only exception or exclusion is that this material may NOT BE SOLD IN ANY MANNER BY ANY PARTY FOR ANY REASON. It shall remain the property of Seajay the sailor Man for perpetuity (a long time) and anyone using it may have to send me ten cents upon demand from me and you may have to pay me the next time you see me.........

in closing I will make you this deal. If some of you guys want to ''hand hold me'' thru making a blog thing for these stories I will be glad to give it a try and see how it ''floats''. To be honest, I enjoy posting them on here and watching and reading the reactions from you guys.
Anyhow. Thanks again for all the kind words to this old sailor man and if by some situation I should make a dollar doing this I will donate it all to OUR WOUNDED VETERANS FROM IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

NUFF SAID .....
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Seajay, maybe one of the mods could copy and past all these 'reminiscences' into one thread so's we all get to enjoy them whenever the mood strikes. Kinda reminds me of the ramblings of a certain Samuel guy who wrote some terrific books in and about the American past.

Either way, thanks for the jottings as they sure make our days fun.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seajay,

My sister from NJ came in a few weeks ago for a visit. She is not into camping or RVing, but after showing here one of your posts ( The Gas Grill ) we spent most of the afternoon looking up your posts and laughing all day.

Since then, I e-mail her links to your new posts and she agrees.............. You need to place these on a blog or website!

Keep up the good work, and if you are ever in NE Pa look me up...... I still owe you 20 cents.

Paul
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm so far behind in payments, I think I owe him ...... well, I'm not going to say, 'cause he'll try to claim it.

He also needs to set up a store and sell his walkin' sticks.

Thanks CJ, I don't care if you are a sailor, or what the rest are saying about you. I think you are all right.

Semper Fi my friend.

p.s., and everyone who reads Seajay's stories, owes me 10 cents. And if you don't know why, just ask me.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #10

Easy as 1,2,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
in closing I will make you this deal. If some of you guys want to ''hand hold me'' thru making a blog thing for these stories I will be glad to give it a try and see how it ''floats''. To be honest, I enjoy posting them on here and watching and reading the reactions from you guys.
Anyhow. Thanks again for all the kind words to this old sailor man and if by some situation I should make a dollar doing this I will donate it all to OUR WOUNDED VETERANS FROM IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

NUFF SAID .....
SeaJay,
Here is a link to a walk-through for creating a blog. It is very easy. I you would like to send me an e-mail I can walk you through it on the phone. However I'm betting once you start in and follow the directions you will have no problem.

Blogger: Tour - What's a blog?

At any time you can drop out of reading the descriptions and go right to "create a blog" which will walk you through the steps.

Cheers!
Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok..... I would go for one of the Moderators getting all my ''stuff'' on one sight or in one place but here is the pending problem...... Why the heck should they do it for me and not do it for other ''posters''. Think about it.
Again, I can not tell you guys the honor you give me by reading and commenting on my stuff. Heck, I even got a good comment from Wayne the Marine and I think I will have that one printed out and ''bronzed'' because for a Marine to give good comments about a Sailor it is a special day to be remembered. .....lol..... (actually, I really think Wayne the Marine likes me just a little 'cause he is the guy that invited me over here from ''that other forum'' I use to be on. Don't spread that around 'cause Sailors and Marines aint suppose to like each other)
Anyhow, I'll keep posting as they ''come to me'' and, except for Sea Stories, Ill just put them all here in this forum or real close by.
Thanks again for all the good words and comments and dont forget prayers for our fighting men and women where ever they may be.
God bless our troops and bring them home safe and real soon
God bless our vets.....Without them, we would not enjoy the greatest nation this earth has ever seen ........
Old 07-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
All members may have their own blog here at iRV2.

Just click on "Blogs" in the blue toolbar above and post as you would in the forum.

Others can comment on your blog also.

You can copy and paste your existing posts on the forum into your blog.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #13

Look Seajay, we love you and appreciate your posts. BUT BUT BUT, aint no good Marine gonna say anything good about a swabbie. Got It ?

Guess I better add, that if you aint a Marine or a Navy person, you will not understand my post. Seajay certainly does.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Seajay; From one seafarer to another....you are the man!

Semper P.

CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote