Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
georgetown350's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,603
OOHHHH I get it...the answer to everything! Just make it FREEEEEE!

Prevosts all around...it's party time!

What a bunch of malarky, but unfortunately we are heading in that direction as a country...

If you think health care is broken and expensive now...just wait 'till it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!![/quote]

I didnt say free I said not one penny out of pocket. Taxes baby. Eveyone gets covered because everyone pays taxes. The current system is selfish and unfair.
__________________

__________________
2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
georgetown350 is offline  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #30
JCM
Senior Member
 
JCM's Avatar
 
Triple E Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Williams Lake,BC Canada
Posts: 990
We have good health care, if you live long enough to use it. Waiting times for knee surgeries etc. can be up to 18 months AFTER you have waited 6 months or more to see the Orthopod.
Emergency care is quite good and fast but the facilities are lacking re equipment and spaces.
Our local hospital - 4 floors - now has 1 functioning floor for all types of cases - yes maternity is mixed with post surgical etc. The other 3 floors are now for administration.
I personally feel that the US system is better (due to competition) but you must be able to afford it.
__________________

__________________
2007 Triple E - Empress Elite - Freightliner
WH 22 owner for 7 years
JCM is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Dmiles's Avatar
 
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
OOHHHH I get it...the answer to everything! Just make it FREEEEEE!

Prevosts all around...it's party time!

What a bunch of malarky, but unfortunately we are heading in that direction as a country...

If you think health care is broken and expensive now...just wait 'till it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I didnt say free I said not one penny out of pocket. Taxes baby. Eveyone gets covered because everyone pays taxes. The current system is selfish and unfair.[/quote]

Uuhhh don't look now, but if you work and are productive, taxes come out of your pocket. And if you work harder and produce more for your family, a disproportionately larger amount is taken from you, partially to provide for those who are able but refuse to provide for themselves and their families. That, my friend, is selfish and unfair.

But we will see. I mean the government has done so well with other things...boy that government housing now there's a neighborhood that everyone aspires to move into.
__________________
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
Duane, Precy, 9 year old son Matt, and Abby, our American Eskimo.
Dmiles is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
OOHHHH I get it...the answer to everything! Just make it FREEEEEE!

Prevosts all around...it's party time!

What a bunch of malarky, but unfortunately we are heading in that direction as a country...

If you think health care is broken and expensive now...just wait 'till it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Quote:
I didnt say free I said not one penny out of pocket. Taxes baby. Eveyone gets covered because everyone pays taxes. The current system is selfish and unfair.
Therein lies the problem, not everyone is paying taxes. Once again you have the productive segment paying for the non-productive through the assessment of taxes. Just what we need - more welfare. How about we redistribute the work ethic instead of the worker's money.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 13,705
The American military has had universal health care for many years. Then there is the VA system. Medicaid has already been mentioned. No-one can convince me universal health care ran by government is as efficient as a free-market system. Even our elected national representatives know better, they voted themselves an exclusive private health plan and retirement plan.
Free-market made the U.S.A. I'll stop now or be censured.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now  
Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
georgetown350's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,603
Everyone pays taxes......... its one of the two sure things in life..........
__________________
2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
georgetown350 is offline  
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Bern,NC
Posts: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by milt View Post
Here in Michigan. I suffered for several years with bad knees, the ins. co. wouldn't
pay for the surgery until I attained the age of 60 (joint replacement)
When I was old enough and told the surgeon to schedule it there was a six week wait.
So I don't get too concerned at hearing of delays elswhere.
Milt
I think this delay was due to the fact they can only do joint replacement on your knees once,so they won't do it at an early age. Our son-in-law is in his early 40's but has to wait until 60.If they did it now they would wear out and he couldn't get another replacement. Maybe in the future this will change.
__________________
diandtom is offline  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
hamguy's Avatar
 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
OOHHHH I get it...the answer to everything! Just make it FREEEEEE!

Prevosts all around...it's party time!

What a bunch of malarky, but unfortunately we are heading in that direction as a country...

If you think health care is broken and expensive now...just wait 'till it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
I didnt say free I said not one penny out of pocket. Taxes baby. Eveyone gets covered because everyone pays taxes. The current system is selfish and unfair.[/quote]

You are dreaming. "...everyone pays taxes."??? Are you NOT AWARE that currently. 53% of the workers PAY NO (or insignificant) TAXES. And in fact, many are given a credit (from me).

So you say a person has a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to health care (but no right to be born)!

__________________
Wretched excess is just barely enough.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Dmiles's Avatar
 
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
I think this delay was due to the fact they can only do joint replacement on your knees once,so they won't do it at an early age. Our son-in-law is in his early 40's but has to wait until 60.If they did it now they would wear out and he couldn't get another replacement. Maybe in the future this will change.
I'm actually in the same boat. At 49 I need a knee replacement, but the delay has nothing to do with insurance, that's just nonsense. I know this for a fact because 2 years ago I had microfracture surgery on the knee, and my insurance covered it just like they would anything else. I had insurance to cover the surgery solely because I chose to go out and earn it. If I lived in Canada, I'm sure I would still be waiting on the surgery I had 2 years ago, if I could get it at all. There is some good information on an important topic in this thread such as what Tom posted in his post that I quoted.

I'm confident that technological advances will reduce the amount of time I have to wait to get some releif for my knee condition, but if the government gets involved in our health care system, then the chances of that happening will go way down.

Obviously our comrade to the north belives in socialism. I disagree. Even though in my own country the pendulum happens to currently be swinging in that direction, I am happy to be able to tell my son when he is old enough, that I stood in line for 4 hours during the last election exercising my right to vote. I also work hard supporting the one elected official who I beleive is fighting the good fight. If I teach my son nothing else, he will know that if you choose to let the government "provide" for you and your family, then you are choosing mediocrity and misery.

The current system we have in America is far from perfect. I saw some things that need to be changed when I had my surgery and my wife had our baby. But they are specific things that can be changed. The government taking over our health care system will be a disaster like we have never seen.
__________________
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
Duane, Precy, 9 year old son Matt, and Abby, our American Eskimo.
Dmiles is offline  
Old 07-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Climax,MI
Posts: 87
In response to cb5300
My ins. co was BC/BS and I have been covered by them in one form or another continuosly since 1966. With the samr employer. They would not cover joint replacement until age 60!
So it wasn't a pre existing condition and the ins. had been in force for about 25 years.
Milt
__________________
milt is offline  
Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
randco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
That would also work for fixing Social Sercurity...If Congress had to live on SS they would have it fixed in less than 24 hrs.
The original intent of the Social Security Act was to assist individuals. It was not meant to be a persons retirement income.
__________________
2004 Damon Escaper 4076
randco is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #40
Member
 
GeoSKlak's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St Albert AB Canada
Posts: 50
Yes,Yes, if you had to wait 4 hours just to vote, you people have a lot more problems than us comrades up north-- never mind health care.
__________________
George & Barbara
GeoSKlak is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Dmiles's Avatar
 
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSKlak View Post
Yes,Yes, if you had to wait 4 hours just to vote, you people have a lot more problems than us comrades up north-- never mind health care.
While your conclusion defies logic, you illistrate my point very well.

Waiting 4 hours to vote is an inconvenience.

Waiting 4 years (or more) for a surgical procedure because the government has taken over our health care system could be catastrophic.

As an American I never forget that there are millions of people all over the world who would love to stand in an air conditioned gymnasium for 4 hours to cast their vote.

As an American I never forget that there are millions of people all over the world who are slaughtered and dumped into mass graves simply for doing what I am doing right now.

As an American I am proud that we have assembled the finest military fighting force in the history of the world, not because of the bureaucrats in Washington, actually in spite of them. We have the finest military fighting force in the history of the world because of the brave Americans who serve, because they believe that every human was endowed with basic rights by a creator. They are willing to pay the ultimate price because they hold these ideals so highly.

The fact that I had the minor inconvenience of standing in line for 4 hours to vote is not a sign of what is wrong with America, my misguided comrade. The fact that I, and so many of my fellow citizens were willing to do that is actually a sign of what is right in America.
__________________
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
Duane, Precy, 9 year old son Matt, and Abby, our American Eskimo.
Dmiles is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #42
Member
 
GeoSKlak's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St Albert AB Canada
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
While your conclusion defies logic, you illistrate my point very well.

Waiting 4 hours to vote is an inconvenience.

Waiting 4 years (or more) for a surgical procedure because the government has taken over our health care system could be catastrophic.

As an American I never forget that there are millions of people all over the world who would love to stand in an air conditioned gymnasium for 4 hours to cast their vote.

As an American I never forget that there are millions of people all over the world who are slaughtered and dumped into mass graves simply for doing what I am doing right now.

As an American I am proud that we have assembled the finest military fighting force in the history of the world, not because of the bureaucrats in Washington, actually in spite of them. We have the finest military fighting force in the history of the world because of the brave Americans who serve, because they believe that every human was endowed with basic rights by a creator. They are willing to pay the ultimate price because they hold these ideals so highly.

The fact that I had the minor inconvenience of standing in line for 4 hours to vote is not a sign of what is wrong with America, my misguided comrade. The fact that I, and so many of my fellow citizens were willing to do that is actually a sign of what is right in America.
Yes you are right.
I don't know how the " finest military fighting force in the history of the world" got into a discussion about "HEALTH CARE" but you are right.
How's it working for you so far Comrade??
If you don't mind, please advise what "illistrate" means?
Thank you
George
__________________

__________________
George & Barbara
GeoSKlak is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian RV'ers MARANATHA Canada Region 16 06-19-2009 09:16 PM
NKK International Rally Open To Friends Of Members GaryKD Newmar Owner's Forum 0 05-13-2009 05:01 PM
Email on the Road...Canadian Snowbirds, what do you do? FLYTYER Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 7 01-22-2008 04:29 AM
Canadian RV Dump Stations??? LazyDog Canada Region 4 06-22-2006 03:38 AM
Canadian Humour 2Roadrunners Canada Region 4 10-26-2005 04:09 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.