Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
So you say a person has a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to health care (but no right to be born)!

Yes every Canadian has a constitutional right to health care and we are proud of that fact. Its called taking care of your own.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
So you say a person has a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to health care (but no right to be born)!

Yes every Canadian has a constitutional right to health care and we are proud of that fact. Its called taking care of your own.
That's a true saying here it's called "taking care of myself", I like your way better. We are "One Nation Under GOD with liberty and justice for all"

Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #45
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
Well they just announced that they are going to raise our taxes again next year.
I waited over 18 months for my first back surgery. Six months to see the surgeon for the initial consultation. 3 months for the CAT scan (now quicker).
Three months after the first surgery I was still like a dog humping a football so the surgeon then recommended a MRI (which I recommended the first time but he was unable to get “approval”). It showed a piece of discal material that had separated and migrated down the spinal canal. He was upset and got me back into the hospital within a week and re operated late one evening. While I was lying in bed for the second operation I overheard other patients around me saying that they had waited up to 2 years for a knee replacement – I kept my mouth shut.
Now if you are in an accident, you will get rapid and excellent care. Equipment may be limited.
My neighbor was admitted to our local hospital (small town of 30,000 – 4 floor hospital that now has 3 floors of administration and only 23 active beds) and was placed in a broom closet because there weren’t any other rooms available.
For this we pay $288 .00 every 3 months, up to 54% in income tax and now 13% on sales tax – not counting all the hidden taxes.
The point is that we are not getting FREE health care. Many Canadians re mortgage their homes and go south across the rawhide curtain to buy their health care – surgeries.
Our (B.C.) government just announced that they were cutting back health care budgets again; meanwhile they are pissing away money left and right for the 2 week 2010 Olympics.
What is the answer?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Yes you will get stories of people in the emergency wards complaining they had to wait hours to get there sprained pinky looked at but the bottom line is that if you get diagnosed with something serious like cancer or heart desease you are going to get great care right here at home and you wont have to get a second mortgage.

I dont know anyone who has even heard of a Canadian that has had to go south of the border for a procedure. It has to be quite rare. Does anyone know someone personally or is this just something we hear in the media.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #47

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
Yes you will get stories of people in the emergency wards complaining they had to wait hours to get there sprained pinky looked at but the bottom line is that if you get diagnosed with something serious like cancer or heart desease you are going to get great care right here at home and you wont have to get a second mortgage.

I dont know anyone who has even heard of a Canadian that has had to go south of the border for a procedure. It has to be quite rare. Does anyone know someone personally or is this just something we hear in the media.
There have been innumerable personal accounts from Canadian citizens recently chronicling their poor/slow health care in Canada. These people willingly give heir names. Apparently the Canadian media is as silent on the truth as the MSM here.

When I was in Alberta 3 years ago on the way to Alaska, I was regaled with the story of the young woman expecting quadruplets who was denied treatment in Canada due to a lack of resources. She was advised to and actually did go to the US for care.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
There have been innumerable personal accounts from Canadian citizens recently chronicling their poor/slow health care in Canada. These people willingly give heir names. Apparently the Canadian media is as silent on the truth as the MSM here.

When I was in Alberta 3 years ago on the way to Alaska, I was regaled with the story of the young woman expecting quadruplets who was denied treatment in Canada due to a lack of resources. She was advised to and actually did go to the US for care.

Was it a true story or was it a story about my brother-in-laws, next door neighbors ex-wife told me????

Ken
Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #49

Quote:

I'm Canadian and I've never known anyone in my family, friends or working acquaintances who every had to go the to U.S. for treatment of any medical problem. All we ever hear from the doomsayers is "I heard of ......", or "someone told me .........", or "I read somehwher...." which is just what it sounds like - unsubstantiated hearsay.

I have a wife and 5 kids, all grown now, and never have we ever, ever had any type of problem in not getting the immediate, professional and expert health care we all expect - and, no crushing bills. I've never, ever worried about a medical bill or a premium payment in my life - it's not even a budget consideration.

So, you can gin up all the supposed scare stories, with some unhappy Canadians I suppose, but 91% of us support our system and much prefer it to the one in the U.S.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Having lived in Canada and been on the plan where we lived, I much prefer it to the mess we have in the US. Here it all boils down to one thing....$$$$$$$$.

ken
Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #51

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Was it a true story or was it a story about my brother-in-laws, next door neighbors ex-wife told me????

Ken
Ken, I resent your implication that I am either making up a story or just plain lying. I would appreciate an apology. I would expect more from a moderator.

see- <A href="http://www.thestar.com/News/article/252614" target=_blank>http://www.thestar.com/News/article/252614

There has been a story (from the victim herself) on the news referencing a woman diagnosed with a possible cancerous tumor on her brain. She was scheduled for an MRI in Canada for sometime in the distant future. Unwilling to wait that long, she came to Phoenix Mayo Clinic and found it was indeed cancerous and imminently life threatening. She went back to Canada to arrange surgery. There she was told the soonest they could get her in was months out.

She came back to Phoenix and got in immediately. The Doctors said had she waited even 2 months, the tumor would have either spread to the point of inoperability or killed her outright.

see- http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...-spectacularly

I know this to be true and have seen her on local Phoenix TV thanking the surgical team.

Or am I STILL LYING?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #52

Quote:
Ken, I resent your implication that I am either making up a story or just plain lying. I would appreciate an apology. I would expect more from a moderator.

see- http://www.thestar.com/News/article/252614
Congratulations, you've managed to dig up 1 story, from 2007, about a woman who was having quadruplets!!! Boy, that is sure convincing - and, guess what? You actually got the story from the very same MSM you claim are "hiding the truth".

So, is that it? A story about quadruplets? Guess what? Not every hospital in N.D. or maybe even Maine is able to handle quads either.

I stand by me earlier post which points out the 91% of Canadians prefer our system to the U.S. system. So, it doesn't really matter what you think of our health care system as we are near-unanimous in our feelings about it.

Best you continue with debating your own system as that is where the argument seems to be right now.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I don't think Ken was calling you a liar. You did not provide a source for your story which you did included in your last post. Nowhere in the story did I read that the Canadian healthcare folks denied care, it was my understanding that they did not have the resources, at that time, to provide the level of care required. I actually think the Canadians responded very well to ensure the mother received proper care. Sounds like they are a lot more flexible than here in the US. Our border cops bust grannies when they purchase prescriptions in Canada where they are a lot less than the US.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was not calling anyone a liar. Just questioning the validity of the story since there was no back up. All to often these stories are propagated by mouth and it is blown all out of proportion. The news media is also less than responsible when reporting anything that is slightest bit technical.

I have said for years about the US system....we have the best health care available in the world...if you can afford it.

Ken
Old 08-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
As an aside here - moderators are members here as well. They post as members and polite disagreement and collegial discussion is acceptable - we all have opinions.

And now back to your previously scheduled tussle programming ...

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I was not calling anyone a liar. Just questioning the validity of the story since there was no back up. All to often these stories are propagated by mouth and it is blown all out of proportion. The news media is also less than responsible when reporting anything that is slightest bit technical.

I have said for years about the US system....we have the best health care available in the world...if you can afford it.

Ken
Since I am making false statements about the proposed plan, PLEASE turn me in to the White House Brown Shirt hot line. send it to flag@whitehouse.gov

Closed Thread