Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #43

As an Administrator at NuWa Owners Forum (nuwaowners.org), it has been a pleasure to know Richard through his helpful and informative posts on our forum. I also had the pleasure to meet him in person in July at our East Coast Rally at Nashville.

I have never known Richard to be anything but friendly and wanting to help in anything he can.

Our forum is aware of Richard's condition and our members are keeping Richard and Sylvia in our thoughts and prayers, also. We also posted a copy of your forum's request for anyone in the area who might be able to help with the day-to-day chores of keeping a full-time RV running smooth.

I know we share in your hopes that Richard will soon be added to the list of miracles of those who have beaten this terrible disease.

CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #44

Richard and Sylvia,

We are very saddened to hear about your "illness." We first met at the Hunting Island rally and immediately felt at home. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you fight your battle with the big "C."

Newgma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #45
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Thanks Jan,

I remember that camping trip well. That's the one that Rick got in late after dark due to having tire problems on his Toads' dolly. We burned an entire pickup truck load of firewood and had a great time hanging out with the Florida Boomers. That was a good weekend, hope to have more like that one.

Currently I'm in between treatment infusions in this battle with the big 'C', my next one is set for January 13. Sometimes I think the cure may be worse than the ailment with all this chemotherapy (just kidding of course). Recently I've had most of the typical classical side effects including feeling tired and drawn out, nauseous, aching bones and joints, taste buds out of kilter, .etc., etc. Still have my hair though, what little there is of it.

But it is what it is, I can beat this and intend to do just that. Again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers and may God bless you and Bill in all your travels.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Richard

Mike P. just directed me to the thread as I don't read this forum.

If anyone can beat this I know you are the one who can. We joined this site the same day when you directed me here from the Ford Diesel site. I have enjoyed camping with you over the years (even tho you did switch to a GMC ). I look forward to camping with you again. Maybe even help you plan another National Rally like I did for the Nashville rally.

Stay strong.

John

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #47
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Richard, From reading the above posts, I'm confident that you can beat this horrible Big "C". We have, from experience know that Prayer works, Amber has been Cancer Free since September. She still has times of being very tired but doing much better. Sylvia, I know it is really tough on the Spouse of a Cancer Victim, there are times we don't know what to say or do, just keep the faith and stand by your man. Mine and Amber's prayers are with you both, praying for a full recovery. God Bless you both.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #48

Appalachian Campers
John and Mike,

Thanks guys, prayer and faith are indeed a strong ally and in the end, with the Lord's blessing, that is how I will beat this big 'C'.

John, sorry about swapping off the Ford for a GMC, I was ready to trade my '02 Ford at the end of 2005 and at the time Ford was discontinuing the 7.3 liter; they had just come out with their new 6.0 liter and not many were on the road yet. I was apprehensive about getting the first year on a new engine so I went over to the dark side. And that rally we did in Nashville was a lot of fun, I'll always remember it and will be forever indebted to you for the job you did as assistant wagon master. We had a good one!

Mike, I try to give all consideration to Sylvia during my fight with this big 'C' but I know I'm difficult for her at times. Due to the medication I'm on she has to do all the driving now which is a tough feat in itself. Lot's of doctor visits, labs, infusions, etc., to be hauled around to. She's a real trooper and so far is holding up extremely well. I'd be nothing without her support, dedication, and love.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #49

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We too remember the Hunting Island rally well,we were late getting in,it was pouring down and we had a tight spot to back into. RIchard and a few others guided us in with flashlights,not worrying about getting wet,just getting us safely backed into the trees with no problems. We had a good view of the water and it was a great rally,I think one of the biggest regional rallies.
As to Syliva I thought she has always been the strong silent type and she is proving now just how strong she can be,never had any doubts though! Still praying for you two and hoping there is light at the end of the tunnell.

Dianne
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
John and Mike,

John, sorry about swapping off the Ford for a GMC, I was ready to trade my '02 Ford at the end of 2005 and at the time Ford was discontinuing the 7.3 liter; they had just come out with their new 6.0 liter and not many were on the road yet. I was apprehensive about getting the first year on a new engine so I went over to the dark side.
hey, remember I had a GMC too at one time.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #51
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Richard, we are keeping you and Sylvia in prayer and hoping for the best. Hang in there and thank you for keeping us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #52

Richard, You probably don't remember me, but we met at a couple Rallys, Seivierville and Branson come to mind...maybe Perrin? You made us feel like we had always been part of the group, even though we are fairly late arrivals. Hang in there my friend. Keep fighting.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #53

Appalachian Campers
Ken,

I certainly do remember you and Judy too.... and I also remember all your little 'Angels'. As a matter of fact I just made a post about Judy's broken arm earlier this morning, hope you saw it. If not you can find it easily by clicking here.

For just a brief update, I had a little lab work done this morning and will get my next chemotherapy infusion next Thursday. Most all of the usual side effects that they caution against with this treatment such as feeling tired, nauseous, hair loss, bone pain, etc., have appeared to some degree or another so far this past week. I'm really not looking forward to next weeks infusion but I'm thankful these drugs are doing what they're supposed to do.

Ken, thanks for the comments and you hang in there too.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #54

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Hi Richard, sorry to hear that the cancer has returned. We are sure with your faith, your positive attitude and all the good karma you have spread that will be coming back to you, you will beat this disease. We are looking forward to camping with you in the future at one of the Appalachian group as we travel from south to north or north to south.
Thinking of you and Sylvia.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #55
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I first meet Richard & Sylvia at the first iRV2 National in Myrtle Beach and have camped with them often over the years! Sometimes in large groups like the Nationals in SC & TN, and then again in small groups such as me, them and and another couple, and we always had a great time and look forward to doing it again and again! Something I learned about Richard is he never gives up and keeps moving forward! I say this because, I remember at one rally after shoulder surgery, rather then use the surgery as an excuse to not go. He showed up and he hooked up something on his 5th wheel pin to do his physical therapy while camping! I like a lot of others here believe in the power of prayer and faith! So I will add you both to my prayers as well as the prayer list at our church in the campground where I winter!! Hang in there big guy, you can whip this thing!! If there is anything I can do to help you or Sylvia just let me know! May God Bless and heal you friend!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #56
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK Richard, here's the deal. I've never met you. We've never camped together. I'm starting to feel left out.

So here's the plan. You beat this piece of crap cancer and then we'll meet up someplace so I too can be part of the Richard, aka: Hitchhiker, fan club. The first burger will be cooked on my grill.

I look forward to the day...

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote