Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our Traveling Companion is with GOD

For those of you that know me , know my second best girl is a wonderful Calico Cat named Hidey.
For 23 years she has been the baby in the family but now she is in our hearts, she went to be with the Master yesterday, today is going to be a tough one to get through, and tommorow we are leaving without her for a two week trip, because the DW just sits and cries.
Thanks for allowing me to share this with you, I fell a little better.

Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Sorry for your loss, they become an important part of the family. Safe travels.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is amazing at the impact these furry critters have on our lives. Remember all of the great times you ad with her.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #4

Larry and Rita, our hearts go out to you. Pets become part of the family and it's never easy to let them go. I've had to put family pets down and time is a good healer. A quick story to maybe lighten your day a little.
I have always been more of a dog person than a cat person but my wife Laurie and daughter Megan had a cat named Max and he and I had learned to tolerate each other. I'd get home from work and he'd bat at my foot like "what are you doing in MY house", while at the same time I'd swear Laurie and Megan could talk to him! Well Max was diagnosed with feline leukimia and when it was time to take him to the vet to be put to sleep they couldn't bear to do it so I took him. I felt bad but we never really warmed up to each other so I wasn't ready for what happened next. The vet tech came in the waiting room, I handed her the pet carrier and she started down the hallway. The door facing me and Max was looking out.....that darned cat gave me a meow that was usually reserved for Laurie and Megan and then he raised one paw up and put it down again. I cried from the time I left the vet until I got home and then again when I blubbered my way through the story of what happened.

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, keep thinking of all those memories you made with Hidey.
BobinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Larry & Rita, our first baby was a jet black cat named midnight my wife bought him with the last $20.00 we had when we first got married and it almost caused a divorce! Well time went on and that little **** became my buddy, eating pizza,popcorn, growling at you for a sip of coffee, attacking DW's ankles at the most inopportune times. (loved it). Anyway, Midnight made it 16 years and his passing was the hardest. You will get through it and will always feel the loss but remember the funny things .
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Very sorry for your loss.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry for your loss. They become part of you, we lost Bella in Jan. and it seems a day doesn't go by with out thinking of her. Schaffer misses her too, he hasn't been the same. Rick & Robin

PS: he follows me everywhere
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #8

Sorry for the loss of your little Girl, she is now in the palm of Gods hand....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #9

Pets are such an important part of our lives. I hate the fact they are with us for such a relatively short time, but I bet you your furry friend had 23 years of perfect days as your companion...how many humans can say that every day of their lives was a purrfect day?
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #10

Oh..Larry so sorry to hear of your loss. We just lost our 21 year old cat 2 weeks ago...your little girl was 23! Bless her little heart.
She must have been about 115 or 120 in human years. I am sure she feels like a young kitten again now.
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
So very very sorry for your loss..
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry for your loss.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Larry & Rita

Diane and I are very sorry for you loss. Having experience in this area I know time will help.

Will call you soon.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #14

Sorry for loss ,I have been there,take comfort in knowing you provided a good home.
wylie pa is offline   Reply With Quote