Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #1

Ownerslist.net

Has anyone used or know anything about a site called "Ownerslist.net"? They called wanting to list my motorhome for sale with them. They say their advantage is that they can arrange financing and also supply an extended warrantee. They charge $399.
Thanks
Gene

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Never, Never, did I say NEVER, give money up front. If they are really legitimate they will sign a contract, sell the unit and then take their money. Not saying they are crooks but what guaranty do you have they can/will sell it. Once they get the money they don't have much incentive to work too hard.

bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
HUGE red flag!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:16 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I didn't see anything on their web page about selling motorhomes, unless I missed it. I would be very skeptical about sending money up front.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #5

Holy canoli, don't do it! Those are scams. Look into one of the reputable consignment places like PPL, or list it on RV Trader, or some of the other places that shoppers look. How about on this site? How would anyone know to look on that web site? I've never heard of it.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #6

Thanks to everyone for your input. I have my motorhome listed in a number of places for free. I know better than to pay anyone up front for anything. They did not ask for money up front. In my research I found they list a lot of items like construction equipment, farm equipment and motor homes. I just didn't see many listings for a company that was in the business. Thanks again.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #7

I just got a call from Chris at ownerslist.net offering to assist in selling our handicap accessible truck and travel trailer. It took awhile, but the charge is $499.00. He explained that this was necessary to purchase an extended warranty for the elderly people that might be interested. He indicated they already had interested parties, and that they make their money through arranging financing. This is usually the sticking point in a "for sale by owner" transaction and could be very helpful if true. I checked and this is a relatively new website. Does anyone out there actually have experience with this company? It could be a scam, but maybe not.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #8

it's advertising

Gosh you all are so skeptical. Ownerslist is offerings a service...they market and advertise your item to help you sell it. Since when is advertising free? Do any of you give the product your company sells away for free? Besides it's worth a shot...what's a few hundred bucks if it helps you get rid of your rig?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Run Away! Run Away!
spinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinroch View Post
Run Away! Run Away!
I've sold four RVs on craigslist with no problems. The last three I sold in one day. I also bought all of them from craigslist along with my last two cars.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #11

See my response above. We posted on rvproperty.com in January 2016. I counted 25 inquiries at one point, three of which were serious. I eventually sold both units in July 2016. Could have sold sooner but was in the process of moving. This was my first experience selling equipment through the internet and it was problem free. Don't believe a third party would have helped.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #12

I have my truck on there,an they have done nothing for 30 days! I have it listed several other places too, some of them costs $200-300. If I had it to do over,I would have done more searching around, the one I think is best is vehicle selling solutions.com It will cost you $500.00 or more. They list several places including eBay motors,an will have a online bidding process. Good luck Larry
Old 02-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjg View Post
Gosh you all are so skeptical. Ownerslist is offerings a service...they market and advertise your item to help you sell it. Since when is advertising free? Do any of you give the product your company sells away for free? Besides it's worth a shot...what's a few hundred bucks if it helps you get rid of your rig?

Then send them your $ 300.00 just so you feel good they are a bunch of lying crooks ,