Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #155

Monaco Owners Club
your M/H is a home when in the rv park its a vehicle when its on the hiway

tallen
tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #156
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I'd like to thank the mods for allowing us to play nice.
OK, but let's make sure it doesn't go down an ugly path. There really is a lot of useful information contained in this thread but it's a topic which carries with it a lot of emotion which can.... well, you know.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
My letter from the AZ dep. Pub. Safety with the CCW dated 3/23/12: "The concealed weapons permit must be in your possession at all times you are in actual possession of a concealed weapon and are required by any other law to carry it".

There are no exceptions listed, interesting huh?

Interesting in that I believe that means if you have been issued a CCW, you must carry it when you have a weapon, otherwise why have a permit?

Why are you so worried about AZ gun laws, you live in CA?

"Do yourself and everyone else around you a favor, take the class and get the permit. It's the smart and safe thing to do."

Thank you for your opinion, however............. NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #158

Please.....YOU must check each State's Law when it comes to having a firearm on you (conceal carry) or in your vehicle/RV. A conceal carry licence, is just that...it allow you to carry a firearm on your body....has nothing to do with a firearm in your vehicle/RV. EVERY STATE is different...some have good laws, others are just plain stupid!!! AND yes, I carry a firearm (except where it is not allowed) on my body and in my vehicle/TT. I carry for one reason, I've survived many a wars, ME, wife, family and my dog, is not going let someone who is dumb, drunk, high or just plain stupid take our lives without a fight.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Interesting in that I believe that means if you have been issued a CCW, you must carry it when you have a weapon, otherwise why have a permit?

Why are you so worried about AZ gun laws, you live in CA?

"Do yourself and everyone else around you a favor, take the class and get the permit. It's the smart and safe thing to do."

Thank you for your opinion, however............. NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

If you have the AZ permit you are good in most states due to reciprocity with a few exceptions. I originally went to the AZ class to keep a friend company but the class was so different than I thought it would be. It was about awareness and avoiding bad situations. It was about letting people know you were there and aware. It was about never having to use your gun unless it had to be done as a last resort. Good stuff that applies every day!

Knowledge is always a good thing, especially about guns and the possibility of taking someone's life.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #160

36 if your counting
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz...

Yeah, right! The surge overheats my body and blows a fuse.
My wife gets those, she tells me they are normal, but she is wrong, they decidedly are NOT!
If u are an innocent bystandee or DH, i suggest u leave the area immediately
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #162

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
The post originally asked whether or not or how many of us carry a weapon. I could just answer no, but since of the 50 or so posts of whack over 45 said yes, and they then went on to tell a story about someone they knew who was in a situation that requires they carry one, or quoted a story they read telling them why they should carry one, I decided to say HECK no, and tell you why.

In my 62 years of being adventuresome, and going anywhere I wanted, I NEVER, EVER, was in a situation where a gun would have been of use to me. I've read threads on here where ex law enforcement people have said, "no need to carry one, but if you do, make sure that you are very well trained in the use of this weapon."

Now everyone in our country has the right to carry a weapon, but I've noticed that every one of the member here that said, " but you have to turn it in when you go to Canada". No one has mentioned that they did not enter Canada, because they would not be without their weapon. They just left their weapons, went into Canada, and probably felt perfectly safe.

That's because, no one in Canada has guns. They are illegal, and the crime and death rate by gun is almost non existent.

That was just my justification for being a non-carrier.
I'm with you. We all make our own karma. I've been all over, the far east as well as many inner city usa areas. Sometimes i do it in my camaro. I don't lock the camaro or jeep, softtops why bother....
I've never ever been hassled by anyone.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #163

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I'd like to thank the mods for allowing us to play nice.
Well, not everyoone. There have been a few edits and deletions where needed.

What I've noticed on this forum and others is that people pick up a post I'm answering and think I posted it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #164

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Even when you follow the law to the best of your ability you may have problems. A National Guardsman left his weapons with family in NJ while on deployment. In the course of his deployment he was wounded and required follow up care after returning to the states. He left SC, went to NJ to retrieve his weapons, and on return stopped at Walter Reed for a follow up. After leaving Walter Reed he got lost in DC, was stopped by local police. His weapons were properly secured in a locked container in the trunk, separated from ammo. Even though he met the requirements of federal law for transporting weapons across state lines, he was arrested, spent time in jail and his weapons are still in the custody of DC police in violation of a court order.

What I take from that is that if you do want to carry in your RV, do your homework (and not just with the LEOs of one jurisdiction). And also be aware that some jurisdictions may not observe your rights even when you follow the law.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #165

Gray is right
Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
Even when you follow the law to the best of your ability you may have problems. A National Guardsman left his weapons with family in NJ while on deployment. In the course of his deployment he was wounded and required follow up care after returning to the states. He left SC, went to NJ to retrieve his weapons, and on return stopped at Walter Reed for a follow up. After leaving Walter Reed he got lost in DC, was stopped by local police. His weapons were properly secured in a locked container in the trunk, separated from ammo. Even though he met the requirements of federal law for transporting weapons across state lines, he was arrested, spent time in jail and his weapons are still in the custody of DC police in violation of a court order.

What I take from that is that if you do want to carry in your RV, do your homework (and not just with the LEOs of one jurisdiction). And also be aware that some jurisdictions may not observe your rights even when you follow the law.

What I take from this is NEVER go to DC, not that I planned to anyway....

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
What I take from this is NEVER go to DC, not that I planned to anyway....

They have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and one of the highest murder rates. NYC is the same way. I guess gun control doesn't work.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #168

As well as Illinois