Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #169

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
They have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and one of the highest murder rates. NYC is the same way. I guess gun control doesn't work.
It works. It makes honest citizens easier targets.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #170

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
AZ is an open carry state. If you have a gun you can put it in a holster where it is visible and go about your way except in those locations or businesses that prohibit it, look for signs. To conceal a loaded weapon you need a CCW. is there a dichotomy, sure is, no when boon docking, yes in a RV park.
"Arizona has passed "Constitutional Carry." That means anyone who can legally own/purchase a firearm and is 21 or older can carry it concealed without any type of permit/license. This new law becomes effective July 29, 2010."

As you can see from the quote above AZ doesn't really have a CCW permit any more, other than for the purpose of giving you a piece of paper to use in the other states that would honor the old AZ CCW permit.

Check out the following website Handgunlaw.us/ to check on current gun laws in the states that you travel in.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #171

Solo Rvers Club
Got guns, no papers.... I'm very careful and responsible. End of story.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #172

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
My letter from the AZ dep. Pub. Safety with the CCW dated 3/23/12: "The concealed weapons permit must be in your possession at all times you are in actual possession of a concealed weapon and are required by any other law to carry it".

There are no exceptions listed, interesting huh?
Forest, aren't you in CA? If so then the info you received from AZ was more than likely about their NON-RESIDENT permit. If so then yes you would need to carry the permit on your person any time you were carrying (in another state). Please check out this site and you questions will be answered. This site has the best info that I have found so far.
Handgunlaw.us

By the way, your AZ permit will not be any good in CA., however, if you CAN get a CA permit it WILL be good in AZ...Go figure.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #173

CA permit isn't hardly worth getting from what I can tell
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #174

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hey RV, I think I saw somewhere that you are in GA, well here is the GA code for firearms in a RV/car. This takes out any and all opinions...Happy Trails.

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
§ 16-11-126. Possession and Carrying a Concealed Weapon; Penalty for Violating Licensing Requirement (a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license. (b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner. (c) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded. (d) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun who is eligible for a weapons carry license may transport a handgun or long gun in any private passenger motor vehicle; provided, however, that private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, rental agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property shall have the right to forbid possession of a weapon or long gun on their property, except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135. No Permit License Is needed to carry the firearm inside your Motor Vehicle either openly or concealed.
Note: The GA Court of Appeals ruled in (Hubbard v. State, 210 Ga. App. 141, 143-44 1993) that if you do not have a permit/license honored in GA you can only carry a firearm in "Your Own Vehicle." This means you can carry in "Your Own Vehicle" without a permit/license but if you are riding in a vehicle that is not yours you must have permission of the person who has legal control of the vehicle
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #175

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
CA permit isn't hardly worth getting from what I can tell
CA is a "May Issue" state....The Sheriff in the county doesn't have to issue a permit if he doesn't want to....Some counties in CA are very tough to get a permit while others are a little easier...
Old 05-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #176

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Guess the CCW firearms instructor was wrong, but I doubt it. He has had something like 17,000 CCW's issued.

Get as mad as you want and then you might understand why you probably should not have a loaded gun in your vehicle/motorhome. BTW carrying a concealed weapon is a felony.

Just FYI a CCW holder who does use his/her gun to ""stop a threat" spends $44,000 in legal fees to defend their use of the weapon. It is probably better to learn how to avoid the need to use a gun than to spout what you believe your rights are. No where do you have the right to take another's life.

Normally the police do not search a motorhome, give them a reason they will.
In what state are you speaking of ????

In Virginia the first offense is a misdemeanor... See the first part of the VA Code below:

§ 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.
A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A second violation of this section or a conviction under this section subsequent to any conviction under any substantially similar ordinance of any county, city, or town shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony, and a third or subsequent such violation shall be punishable as a Class 5 felony. For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

It depends on what state you are talking about..each state has different laws. That's why it's very important to know the laws of the state inwhich you travel in.

And not to bust the chops of your CCW instructor, but always check out any info that you may receive from anybody. I have permit from two states and I doubled checked everything the instructors told me.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #177

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
My wife gets those, she tells me they are normal, but she is wrong, they decidedly are NOT!
If u are an innocent bystandee or DH, i suggest u leave the area immediately
Uh, normal is a statistical average, not value judgement. Hot flashes are normal. As for your second sentence...coward!
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #178

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
12 gauge pump loaded with 00 buckshot.... With it, I don't have to worry about shooting through 3-4 other RV's if I ever had need to use a weapon....

Plus no permit required.... Also - will stop a bear if need be....
Mine is a Winchester Coastal Marine12 GA loaded with the ½ size Aguila shells, also less danger of overpenetration but still good enough at close range.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #179

Monaco Owners Club
Forest Gump

Here is a link to the law, http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm, you have to read the part that says you must have a permit where it is required under section 4-229 or 4-244. It's a little confusing, but for most concealed carry in Arizona you don't need a permit. I think it's a good idea to have one, as it is honored in about 30 states.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #180

36 actually
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #181
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just remember ...The POWER 9....mm that is. Unless you believe in the power of .45 or .357 or .38....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #182

Forest Gump,

If you chose your name after the book and the movie, it's spelled Forrest.

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote