Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm48 View Post
Actually, concealed weapons are allowed in National Parks as of a couple years ago, as long as you are a legal concealed weapon carrier in that state.
Actually, I believe that the park will follow state law in which the park is located in. That means that some parks will allow open carry. Always check state laws before you travel thru it with a fire arm.....
Handgunlaw.us

cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #44

Ford Super Duty Owner
YES the "Judge" goes where we go -xcept Canada.

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
We live west of Detroit and some of you may have heard about the mayor of Detroit who went down because he texted everything, and since the city was paying for his phone, it became public knowledge. Lead to his arrest and conviction. He deserved it. Now I'm not saying anyone out there would do anything wrong, but by putting it in writing, in a public forum, it becomes public knowledge.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #46

National RV Owners Club
Here's a reason to carry: Recently in SLC, UT a man went into a grocery store and purchased a knife. He stood in the foyer and proceeded to attack people as they came through with the knife, one gentleman pulled his gun and advised the guy to drop the knife or he would shoot him. He dropped the knife and others held him until the PD arrived. Had the man with a CCP not been there, there surely would have been more then two people injured. Victim or not, your choice.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #47

Here's some pretty good (and it should be accurate) info on interstate carrying.
NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #48

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
YES the "Judge" goes where we go -xcept Canada.
Excellent choice.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #49

I have a permit to carry and we are armed when in the RV.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #50

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
We camped in Illinois this last weekend. I had to stop & lock unloaded firearm in a hard case. With the ammo locked in a seperate location. Once we arrived at campground, & plugged in, set up I was able to have firearm out of case & loade as long as it stays inside the rv.
We went to Phoenix AZ by way of Fresno CA and had to do the same thing in CA. In AZ, no problem.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The post originally asked whether or not or how many of us carry a weapon. I could just answer no, but since of the 50 or so posts of whack over 45 said yes, and they then went on to tell a story about someone they knew who was in a situation that requires they carry one, or quoted a story they read telling them why they should carry one, I decided to say HECK no, and tell you why.

In my 62 years of being adventuresome, and going anywhere I wanted, I NEVER, EVER, was in a situation where a gun would have been of use to me. I've read threads on here where ex law enforcement people have said, "no need to carry one, but if you do, make sure that you are very well trained in the use of this weapon."

Now everyone in our country has the right to carry a weapon, but I've noticed that every one of the member here that said, " but you have to turn it in when you go to Canada". No one has mentioned that they did not enter Canada, because they would not be without their weapon. They just left their weapons, went into Canada, and probably felt perfectly safe.

That's because, no one in Canada has guns. They are illegal, and the crime and death rate by gun is almost non existent.

That was just my justification for being a non-carrier.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Have any of you who carry a gun ever had to shoot some one?

When you are faced with a situation where you have to actually point a revolver at a person and pull the trigger you will experience something you never ever want to experience again.

I don't carry a gun.
To answer your question, yes, I have used a firearm with deadly force, and I would have absolutely no qualms about protecting myself in the same manner again.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes!
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
That's because, no one in Canada has guns. They are illegal, and the crime and death rate by gun is almost non existent.
Guns are in fact NOT ILLEGAL in Canada, and if their crime rate is non-existent then why do they have 192 large facility prisons in Canada?

As a U.S citizen I transport firearms into Canada every year with the proper documentation.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #55

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Canada has finally decided to quit registering long guns after spending several billion dollars. Even so, long guns can be brought into Canada, cost is about $75 as I remember
One Canadian newspaper gave cash to some teenagers to buy handguns. Within four hours they had all purchased handguns off the street. Maybe they got the last of them?
Anyway, respect the laws of the country you're in and you won't be in trouble with them or don't go there, which is what I do.
I won't bother to go into the manipulation of statistics here.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #56

Davdeb, the FCRV campvention is in Canada, guess why I'm not going. I hope the mods don't shut the thread down, so let's all be respectful. I personally would never try to convince someone to own or carry a firearm, & I expect the same treatment. I've never had to use, & hope like hell I never have to. It's just a tool, much like your fire extinguisher & smoke detector.