Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberVet65 View Post
I carry but not when I camp on military sites
I find it strange that we can buy guns at the BX but have to remove them from the base immediately. I did find out that if you travel onto a military installation that you need to declare it at the main gate and store it at the armory.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Have a gun? Why wouldn't you?
patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Have any of you who carry a gun ever had to shoot some one?

When you are faced with a situation where you have to actually point a revolver at a person and pull the trigger you will experience something you never ever want to experience again.

I don't carry a gun.
The answer to your question is Yes. Were you in the service or law enforcement? I was in both. I respect what a weapon can and cannot do. The same is true with your mindset, let your training kick in if the need arises. I can live with my decisions and I'm comfortable with it. I'm happily retired and enjoying the RV life. Do I still carry? I'm not answering.
washbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Sometimes I carry and sometimes I do not. So you never know...Are you feeling lucky...punk?

Ken
X2- great answer! By the way a late senator's car killed 1 more person than my gun ever did!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #61

Your motorhome is considered to be your home in AZ only when you are in a paid campground. If boondocking it is not you home. This is from the AZ CCW class I took in Quartzite at the RV show this year. So unless you have a CCW the gun needs to be unloaded and the ammo stored in a different location.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #62
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneumanns View Post
I find it strange that we can buy guns at the BX but have to remove them from the base immediately. I did find out that if you travel onto a military installation that you need to declare it at the main gate and store it at the armory.
I was having dinner with my step-son on Aug 7, 2000. Declaration night for desert storm. Went to drop him off at Fort Belvoir that evening. Well all posts were searching every vehicle. They let me through and instructed me to drop him off at his barack and depart post haste.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #63

I have a gun but i can't ever find where i put it . If i ever do find where i hid it i'm going to take it to pawn stars and sell it .that way i will know what i did with it
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
Your motorhome is considered to be your home in AZ only when you are in a paid campground. If boondocking it is not you home. This is from the AZ CCW class I took in Quartzite at the RV show this year. So unless you have a CCW the gun needs to be unloaded and the ammo stored in a different location.
That's rich. Back home that's what we call turning a firearm into a blunt instrument.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #65
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Have any of you who carry a gun ever had to shoot some one?

When you are faced with a situation where you have to actually point a revolver at a person and pull the trigger you will experience something you never ever want to experience again.

I don't carry a gun.
Very true. You loose something you will never get back. I wish the experience on no one. Been on both ends of the barrel and that is why I carry. I hope it remains concealed.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #66

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ

Very true. You loose something you will never get back. I wish the experience on no one. Been on both ends of the barrel and that is why I carry. I hope it remains concealed.
Amen
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #67

I don't think that's true. I just read AZ open carry law. No permit required for open carry, including in a vehicle
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #68
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sometimes I do, Sometimes I don't. Anyone in contact with me has to determine which.

Not all military bases will allow you to check a firearm into their armory. Many just do not allow it. know the laws for where you are gong. Most Federal installations do not allow firearms, or firearms inside Federal buildings.

Edited: Isn't it funny that you cannot legally carry firearms in many places, but the people who are not legal do not concern themselves with that fact. So my restricting firearms in military RV parks just doesn't add up when a visitor who has not regard for the law is carrying a firearm.

For those RV'ers who are carrying firerams, if you violate a law of any type while carrying in your motorhome or on your person, you may forfeit your firearm, and pay a hefty fine, and even some jail time.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump
Not true for AZ and 10 other states who have Open Carry. This law preempts all existiing gun laws and allows you to carry on foot or in a vehicle without any licence. Basically your 2nd Amendment Rights as intended. Most states without open carry do make a distinction in an RV as you state..... but not exactly.

The distinction most states use is parked and hooked up to utilties. So if you are dry camping in a paid campground, that probably won't fly. At least I wouldn't want to test it.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #70

A gun is a tool and that is all.

And yes I do pack 90% of the time and this is why.

13 year old kid shot dead after attempted robbery (Justified)--Birmingham

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/05/jefferson_county_das_office_sa.html

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama --- The Jefferson County District Attorney's Office has ruled that the fatal shooting of a 13-year-old during a robbery attempt last week was justifiable, Birmingham police said today.

In addition, said Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Johnny Williams Jr., there will not be any charges filed against any of the people with Ja'Quares Walker when he attempted to rob a couple at Skyview Condominiums in Birmingham.

Efforts to reach District Attorney Brandon Falls for comment were unsuccessful.

The shooting happened one week ago today about 11 p.m. Police said Ja'Quares approached a couple in an SUV as it pulled into the gated southwest Birmingham complex where a woman in the vehicle lived. He was wearing a T-shirt covering his face, and was brandishing a loaded and cocked pistol as he demanded them to get out of the car.

The driver pulled a gun and shot Ja'Quares multiple times, hitting him in the chest and abdomen. The teen was pronounced dead on the scene. Police refused to identify the man or woman in the car, saying only that the man who fired the shots was a 35-year-old white man.

Investigators said today there were five other people in the car with Ja'Quares. They were interviewed, along with the couple in the car, Williams said.

Ja'Quares' mother, Latonya Walker, has said that her son was in the front yard of their east Birmingham home when someone in a red Chevrolet Trailblazer stopped and picked him up. She said her son told her he was going to the store, but never returned home.

She reported him missing several hours later. About 3:30 p.m. the following day, she was notified of his death.

Ja'Quares was a seventh-grader at Martha Gaskins Middle School where he was the football team's quarterback.

Ja'Quares will be buried Saturday at Zion Memorial Gardens following an 11 a.m. service at Living Stone Temple Church.
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote