Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for all the knowledge. Was wondering what one did after the S&B when going FT.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #72

Cnk, I'm sorry, what do you mean ?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #73

Ford Super Duty Owner
#1 if you can't control your temper. Don't carry. #2 if you get drunk. don't carry. #3 if you don't have the courage to pull the trigger. don't carry. (the bad guy does have the guts to blow you away.) everyone else, if you feel comfortable carrying, go for it. Of course get proper training.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #74

This probably was not his first victim but certainly was his last.

He had done that kind of thing before. I don't care what anybody says, I think all humans know right from wrong by about the age of 6 or 7. Maturity is another question...

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/05/jefferson_county_das_office_sa.html

Sad, sad.

BUT as George Jones says

Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #75

GA, that's one reason I rarely drink anymore. It's illegal here to carry while intoxicated, or in a " bar", so I have to choose to either disarm so I can drink, or carry. I generally choose to carry.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #76

Yes, and have a permit...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #77

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
In my 62 years of being adventuresome, and going anywhere I wanted, I NEVER, EVER, was in a situation where a gun would have been of use to me.
My broker gave my some wise words: "Past performance does not indicate or guarantee future results."
Quote:
...no one in Canada has guns. They are illegal
It is unreasonable to assume that because something has been made illegal, that the illegal item no longer exists. Witness the countless prohibitions government has tried (and failed) to impose on its citizenry over history. Not one has ever been successful. Where there is demand, supply will ALWAYS make itself available. The only thing prohibition does is give rise to black markets, and they usually carry far more destruction for society than the prohibited item would have.

I do carry, and I too have never had a need or use for my weapon against an assailant while RVing. That does not mean I feel it is useless to me. I also carry a fire extinguisher, for which I have never had a use. Hope I never need either one.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #78

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I keep reading this thread title and feel the need to say I do indeed "pack heat"

I have 3 1500 watt electric space heaters and one of the "World's Smallest Electric Heater" units (150 watts).

As for firearms.. No, not unless I make a mistake starting the campfire.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #79

Quote:
That's because, no one in Canada has guns. They are illegal, and the crime and death rate by gun is almost non existent.
I dont know where you are getting your information, but our friends to the North do have guns, knives, clubs, etc. You might check the Police Stat's for the City of Vancouver, BC... compares to many of our large cities here with homicides, etc.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #80

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W6ZKH View Post
I dont know where you are getting your information, but our friends to the North do have guns, knives, clubs, etc. You might check the Police Stat's for the City of Vancouver, BC... compares to many of our large cities here with homicides, etc.
But remember, the way statistics are collected makes a difference too. As I have read in Canada and GB if a series of crimes are committed in the same bldg or close proximity they are reported as one crime rather then like here in the US each incident is considered one crime. That skews the statistics and makes it seem like GB and Canada have lower crime rates when they are in fact higher.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
I must admit, after reading the 5 plus pages of this topic, it is the most respectful one I have seen in a very long time. I congratulate all who have been chiming in. A lot can be learned from reading this. So I say thanks for the respecful answers, and may the disscussion continue.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Being a Canadian, not to many people I know have Hand guns. Too much hassle, so most I know have a long gun stashed away but there if needed. More accurate and more effective. It is all us primitive people in CANADA need!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #83

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
always,always,always packing! just sayin
Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I am definetly not a fan of guns, grew up with an alcoholic abusive father who scared the hell out of me. When I met my husband, he had guns and was very comfortable with them, as soon as we had our first son I asked him to get rid of the guns ( a neighbor's boy had been shot) and he did. We recently bought our first motorhome this march and went camping with friends and family. As I was showing of the rv the kids were jumping on the back bed and my 10 year old son had opened when of the cabinets above the bed, he found a 9mm in a case, opened it up pulled the gun out, my two friends young daughters and my 4 year old niece were still jumping, when he yelled up to us adults to ask us if the gun is a toy. I couldn't believe my eyes and I didn't want to scare him as he has never seen a real gun before, I just told him to put it in the cabinet and then I grabbed all the kids off the bed. The other two moms were pretty shaking up, i told my hubby to come in and get the gun and secure it.
Turns out it wasnt left by the previous owner, it belonged to my husband who had just been given the gun by family to keep in the RV, jus in case.
The gun is no longer with us, but thankfully the kids are. If you are going to carry a gun, get proper training and make sure the whole family respects it.