Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #183

Sequim, right up the street is the corner of Frisco & Forest, if you go one block over to the next corner, that's 6th & Forrest.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #184

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Forest Gump,

If you chose your name after the book and the movie, it's spelled Forrest.

It's Forest Grump, not Forrest Gump

Glenn
Old 05-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #185

After reading all the posts I have nothing to add from a legal viewpoint but I wii add that I am more concerned of being considered a criminal without having committing a real crime. I have a ccw permit but when stopped by a leo you are at the mercy of their discretion and interpretation of the situation. I don't consider transporting a firearm a crime but that's just my opinion.
Kunysz513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #186

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Sequim, right up the street is the corner of Frisco & Forest, if you go one block over to the next corner, that's 6th & Forrest.
My daughter and her brood live on McLo Lane
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Forest, aren't you in CA? If so then the info you received from AZ was more than likely about their NON-RESIDENT permit. If so then yes you would need to carry the permit on your person any time you were carrying (in another state). Please check out this site and you questions will be answered. This site has the best info that I have found so far.
Handgunlaw.us

By the way, your AZ permit will not be any good in CA., however, if you CAN get a CA permit it WILL be good in AZ...Go figure.
The permit I have has no qualifications as to resident or non resident. I had been to that site and it is good.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Nope only one r.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
Nope only one r.

You are right, I missed the "r" you took out of Forest and put in Grump.
Good one.....
Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #190

I think if we had the RV community rewrite the gun laws they would make sense and would not contradict themselves.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
CA permit isn't hardly worth getting from what I can tell
It is if you are a resident of California.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
In what state are you speaking of ????

In Virginia the first offense is a misdemeanor... See the first part of the VA Code below:

§ 18.2-308. Personal protection; carrying concealed weapons; when lawful to carry.
A. If any person carries about his person, hidden from common observation, (i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; (ii) any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, razor, slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack; (iii) any flailing instrument consisting of two or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain; (iv) any disc, of whatever configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart; or (v) any weapon of like kind as those enumerated in this subsection, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A second violation of this section or a conviction under this section subsequent to any conviction under any substantially similar ordinance of any county, city, or town shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony, and a third or subsequent such violation shall be punishable as a Class 5 felony. For the purpose of this section, a weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature.

It depends on what state you are talking about..each state has different laws. That's why it's very important to know the laws of the state inwhich you travel in.

And not to bust the chops of your CCW instructor, but always check out any info that you may receive from anybody. I have permit from two states and I doubled checked everything the instructors told me.

California!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #193

Ya know all these laws are so confusing I'm thinking about leaving my 9MM home.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #194

National RV Owners Club
I always enjoy threads about guns and gun rights. Here's my common sense approach. Where we camp bears are very common and are frequently seen. I'll never go after one and would not intentionally do harm to any of our natural wildlife as long as they posed no threat. I am well prepared though, if one should venture into camp with intent to do more than just dig through the trash.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #195

Carolina Campers
NC CCP holder here. And yes, to the op's original question.
Stick Man is offline   Reply With Quote