Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #29

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
My friends....humans are social animals,

It is the Circling the Wagons thing...
I think this is it.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbwilson View Post
I like that one. Maybe beware of dogs. They are vicious.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Sure, killer Dog on a 100ft leash. You've been warned.
04 Monaco DST 40'-Cum330ISC/Onan7.5K Gen/Silverleaf VMSpc/Garmin760MLT/WeBoost 4GX-OTR/EEZ Tire Mon/ReadyBrake->Rdmstr->'21 Jeep Glad Dsl/17KWh LFP/RO House Water/2400W solar roof/Victron MPPTs-Cerbo/Magnum 3000 Hybrid Inv-Chrg/Starlink ROAM
gsgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbwilson View Post
I like that one. Maybe beware of dogs. They are vicious.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgriffin View Post
Sure, killer Dog on a 100ft leash. You've been warned.
This would be a great way to create a empty space......
Old 01-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rml1998 View Post
I'm talking about the parks that you pick a spot and then go pay for a spot but also don't understand when they assign spots when they've got a whole park open they tend to put people right next to each other
You must be picking prime locations. Pick a spot in an area that is not very attractive. Take a spot without trees or close to that swampy looking piece of ground near the dumpsters.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #33

Funny but DW doesn't like those spots but does direct me to spots not next to others but they still find us.
rml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
This would be a great way to create a empty space......

Like this idea but parks don't [emoji106]
rml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Funny but DW doesn't like those spots but does direct me to spots not next to others but they still find us.
Maybe give "Boondocking" a go..........
Old 01-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
Somehow get yourself an old tuba, trombone, trumpet, etc and make sure it is nice and shiny. Place it on your picnic table or other highly visible place at your site and watch the others drive on by.

An accordion and a bowl of kazoos...
Old 01-19-2018, 11:28 AM   #37

If you book the site in advance, how would you know who your parked next to?

2018 Forest River Georgetown GT5 36B5
JustParo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #38

With all due respect and meant sincerely not to antagonize but ....... "if" you want a larger area space to yourself, then maybe pay and reserve several sites around you on the right, left, in front and behind (cost of pet ownership???).

Better yet, do like most responsible dog owners do take the time, like the rest of us to "train your dog" to do as it's told when it's told dependant on the environment. There's nothing worse for those that aren't as into pets as you or I am to have an obnoxious animal in our midst.

Just saying ....... maybe walk in another persons shoes for a while!

STB.

PS: We have had dogs our whole lives, working the farms and as pets, and they've all been trained to go to their beds when we sit down to eat (association and soon becomes automatic), not to jump on furniture or allowed on carpets. Like children, they need to be taught boundaries from the get go. Again, said with all due respect, but try to put on another's hat and consider it from their perspective not just that "me, me, me, I, I, I".
SoonToBeFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #39

I will park where I want to, until you buy the campground you don't own it, maybe they had in mind where they wanted to park and you just got to that area first, now for me, I like the back corners of the campgrounds unless the sites are so off kilter that is where I go, I will pick the best site available to me even if that means it is right next to you, I can tell you this, I will not talk to you, I prefer to be left alone, not anti-social ( I talk to my dog, sometimes my wife, best conversations I have), just don't want to sit and chat. If I do have to run a generator than I do it in the afternoon or late morning (wife likes her coffee). Sounds like you feel you should be entitled.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #40

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McMartin View Post
Same reason people used to surround my pickup when I'd park it out in the empty spots at Wal-Mart,
Everyone of them is a "door banger" too. No exceptions.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
You must be picking prime locations. Pick a spot in an area that is not very attractive. Take a spot without trees or close to that swampy looking piece of ground near the dumpsters.
^^^
This.
Most likely you picked a desirable, level spot. Level, desirable spots tend to be clumped together.
Other RVer comes along.
Sees level site next to you.
Wants to be away from others too, but doesn't want to spend his time dealing with a out of level site.
Reluctantly moves in next door.
Hopefully, he's quiet and friendly with no yippy dogs.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Would like others opinion regarding camp parking. Why is it that with a nearly empty park people tend to bunch up on top of their neighbors. Please SPACE yourself out folks! We have a little dog that thinks every park is his so we purposely try to park away from other campers so IF he should see another dog and should bark we don't disturb our neighbors that are quite a distance from us. And sure enough another camper will park right next to us. Why, why, why do y'all do that?
Another good reason to boondock!!!