Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #29
National RV Owners Club
Reminds me of somone on my BMW motorcycle group said he pulled into a gas station one day with his Z4, he really likes BMW, and while he was gassing up somone walked over to him and while looking at the car said wow never seen one of those! Friend answered a Z4? No a German car that the signals work on!!

Ray, Cheryl, O'Connell and of course Miss Molly Silky Terrier mix

2006 Dolphin 5355 Future CC owner
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #30
Jayco Owners Club
Originally Posted by blacktie.shooter View Post
Bob, this was a hoot. I wonder how many really read close enough to get the joke?
I did and I liked it!! Lots a good humor on this site. Thanks!!

2016 Jayco White Hawk 27dsrl
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 diesel 4x4
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #31
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Texas drivers are great too. You can buy a 10 year old car and it will have new, unused turn signals! This really increases the value of their car.
Doug Sage
Full timers roaming the good old US of A
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 38J
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #32
I just spoke to a parts man at a local rv dealer; he said fleetwood is gone, monaco is filing for chapter 11.

times are not good!

Any ideas that we can do as rvers to keep our lifestyle healthy??

I think it's time for us to come up with ideas and pressure our elected officials to get on the ball.

Awaiting replies!

Thanks, ajjbjrvers---Aime where is the rest of my signature?
ajbjrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #33
I'm not sure, I think in a motorhome, the turn signal is also a warning. I have had several ocassions when people want to keep that one extra car length and just will not let you over. They will let a car over, but not the motorhomes. After about 20 cars of rude people pass without letting me over. I let er rip.

Maybe not the brightest thing in the world to do, but I'm much bigger and have more insurance. They always stop or run off the road. Either way, it works for me.

Works for me too; after traveling and getting closer and closer to the place you want to turn off; it leaves you no choise but to crowd someone.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Especially among the aggressive drivers we experience here in the Houston area, sometimes one must adopt the philosophy the truckers use - the turn signal is a notification, not a request, and after 3 flashes they're coming over!

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #35
I have been driving in Florida since 1960 and I can tell you that it was very good at that time. As more and more people moved from the North down to our state, the driving has gotten much worse. It isnít the Floridians who drive poorly here it is the imports who were probably good drivers for the first 70 years they drove, but have gotten a little slower as they aged. When I get my hummer, I will start running them over one at a time.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #36
probably good drivers for the first 70 years they drove, but have gotten a little slower as they aged.
slower---yes -----agressive----no.
It's the me generation thats the worst.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #37
In my working days as a police officer, we would watch out for a young girl in a small car, wearing a cap. It was just a matter of time until she did something stupid! Sounds like it still holds true.
I don't know about anyone else out there, but, I'm getting tired of being passed on the right side when I have my RIGHT turn signal on to move back over. I'm beginning to believe in the "Chicago Theory"! Three blinks and GO! (and it works!)
Lee,Marge Living Our Dream-Fulltiming!
Beaufort SC, Winter Harmony PA Summer
Semper Fi In God We Trust
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #38
Seems to me that the poor habits are everywhere and in every state, and absolutely just not on highways! As another stated in this thread, you have to chuckle (well at least after you just ripped the leather off your steering wheel) when four cars cannot figure out who has the option at a 4-way, or worse, when you see "the pick", when one car proceeds from the stop and makes a left turn through the intersection and the car waiting just behind it decides to take advantage of the momentary blockage of the intersection to jut right through. I see this all the time, I'm in Ohio. I commute daily in a college town. You people don't know bad driving until you live and drive in this situation.

Basically, driving habits are the extension of drivers personalities, period. As we all know, we Americans have gained a moniker, and that moniker is "Rude". You see examples of it everyday in all of life's situations where we have to coexist in close quarters. The upcoming generation will carry that moniker to new highs (or lows). Impatient, in a hurry, always late (that is a whole other dialogue), no respect, and arrogant "to the tens". I feel a lot of the younger drivers on the roads just are incapable of sizing up a larger situation (whats going on in front of them and around them) and can only deal myopically with whats going on inside their heads or worse, with their conversation on that damn cell phone. (I am not that old, but Jesus, what does everyone have to talk about, REALLY??? Cell phones for needed communication = perfect. Cell phones to "Reach out and touch someone" is idiocy, especially in a teen drivers situation. There, with developmental drivers, they should be illegal!)

But really, why can't so many drivers understand that big rigs, ours, 18 wheelers, trucks etc., need a bit of extra time (and space) to accomplish simple tasks such as lane changes, exiting highways, slowing down. It's physics.
Oh well, I could really go on! Thanks for letting me rant!
Carl and Valarie * 1997 National RV Dolphin 535,
2003 Jeep Wrangler, 944 Porsche NASA-GTS/2,
Yamaha Roadstar Silverado/Yamaha CT175/Honda Spree, 24ft Vintage Trailer
CARVAL Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #39
Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Anyone know where I can find the bumper sticker that reads "My Turn Signal is Not a Request, its a Warning."?
'92 Dodge W250 "Dually" Power Wagon
KIT 1106 Kamper Slide-in Truck Camper
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club

Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Anyone know where I can find the bumper sticker that reads "My Turn Signal is Not a Request, its a Warning."?
Plus an attorney to go along with the sticker
27 years of driving 40K-50K per year with 2 tickets and no accidents, I couldn't agree more.

Or 4 wheelers taking my safe following distance away by constantly cutting in front of us, and the ones that get in front of us to make that right turn while standing on the brakes. That always elicits me standing on the air horn.

Patience is a virtue I'm told.
Tom, Patty, Hannah "The Big Dog" and Abby Kat, Indianapolis, Indiana 2000 36' FDS 72232 Our Photos
We live out in our old van. Travel all across this land. Drive until the city lights dissolve into a country sky, me and you - hand in hand.
Tom and Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #41
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
The problem in Florida happens to be caused by the shortage of blinker fluid in the southeast, hopefully to be resolved soon.
happycarz, after living in fla. for several yrs. that one is the best! jim
Jim & Sue
06 Patriot Thunder / 2011 Jeep Overland
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #42
Going to Ft. Wilderness this past weekend gave us several fun times with other drivers. First it was the guy behind me while I was passing a slow semi who couldn't wait to get around me. I had my blinkers on showing I would go back to the right lane after passing but he tried to get around to the right as I did. I beat him and when he went back to the left lane decided to show me with his hand how old he was, I think he just turned 1. I sent him back that same message along with a Birthday Wish Horn Blast. Then while up in Orlando just before getting to Ft. Wilderness we had an out of state visitor decide to make that quick right turn onto our road in front of us but forgot to apply the gas pedal once that turn was completed, causing us to literally slam on our brakes and we were towing our golf cart & trailer. I also tested our horn at that time as well.

The best advice would be what I use when riding our motorcycle and that is to assume that everyone will do exactly what they shouldnít do while driving so as to prepare for the worst. With the exception of the idiot that pulled in front of us to hurry and get on the road in front of us, most situations can be avoided. And as for those that think itís best to pass you on your left when you have your turn signals on to get over to the left, donít turn them on to let them know until youíre ready to make the move!

2002 Newmar Dutchstar 3852
Ted, Nancy & Our Westie's Nikki & Willie
ET is offline   Reply With Quote