Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #15

I have been an eBay user since 1998 with over 2000 transactions. I've seen the good/bad/badder. If you keep in mind it's an internet garage sale you probably will be satisfied. If you need some "stuff" that isn't often available it's terrific. If you want to sell some "stuff", it's terrific. You do need to keep in mind the combined PayPal/eBay seller fee will be around 13%. If you have physically large/heavy items, CraigsList is probably a better option.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I just googled paypal scams and got a lot of hits. Apparently it's an issue to be aware of. I'm doing a real estate closing this week and the title Co will not accept a certified bank check as they are no longer safe. The world is changing. :(
So Cliff, what do you take to closing if not a certified check?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
PayPal is not a problem.

Selling your RV and accepting payment via Paypal can be very risky and is the preferred method of scammers.
I had several of them having just sold my Travel Supreme. What part of Cash or wire transfer did you not understand in the ad?. Most of the emails were in bad English. Google the persons name or email address and a list of attempted scams will come up for that person and how their scam works..99% of them were generated from Craigslist.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The last two I did were wire transfer between the banks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Here's part of the title Co's instructions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2719074569.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	52121

I recently also sold my MH and had the funds wired to my account .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
YC1

I will never use pay pal again. Took me two years to clear up some fraudulent bs. Ebay was involved. I really loved using paypal and e-bay but when stuff goes bad they are absolutely useless in resolving the issue. Done with them.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #21

It's been my experience that anyone wishing to do business on Ebay, or pay via Paypal, can do so safely with a Paypal account funded with a credit card. Not a debit card! The seller will NOT see or have any access to your credit card number. Their money will come through Paypal.

This way, if something gets sideways in your deal, and you're unable to straighten it out between you, contact the credit card company. They're on your side...

Contacting Paypal will only drag out the inevitable. They're a waste of time when it come to settling issues. With your credit card, YOU have the final say. -Al
Old 12-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #22

I have been "Scamed" from an Ebay seller named "Isanta1" that advertised Tyron Bands that would fit both 19.5 and 22.5. I sent this scam artist two emails asking if HE was positive they would fit both. He stated YES and I paid for them and NO they did not fit both and the Box and the instructions both stated they would only fit 19.5 When i contacted the liar he said that my installer did not know how to install them. I filed a complaint with Ebay and in ten minuted they responded and backed the seller ????? Nice scam ! I'LL personally never use ebay again and will continue to bad mouth both Ebay and the scam artist liar Isanta1
Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I have been "Scamed" from an Ebay seller named "Isanta1" that advertised Tyron Bands that would fit both 19.5 and 22.5. I sent this scam artist two emails asking if HE was positive they would fit both. He stated YES and I paid for them and NO they did not fit both and the Box and the instructions both stated they would only fit 19.5 When i contacted the liar he said that my installer did not know how to install them. I filed a complaint with Ebay and in ten minuted they responded and backed the seller ????? Nice scam ! I'LL personally never use ebay again and will continue to bad mouth both Ebay and the scam artist liar Isanta1
If you had investigated on the Tyron Band website, it shows how to measure and figure out the size needed. They are very different for each wheel diameter and width of the 'well' on the wheel. I don't see why you would buy them from Ebay except you must have been blinded by the price. If your PayPal account is tied to a credit card, you can contest the charge with the CC company AND with PayPal / Ebay.

PayPal has always worked for me, sorry if some of you have had issues. Scams come in all transactions, For the past 3 days I've been sent Amazon notices about transactions I haven't made. They want me to open a .zip file to see the details. I've been forwarding them to Amazon Fraud. Not only don't access a website through a link in an email as others have pointed out, don't open unknown files, especially .zip files! The address of the 11 messages supposedly from Amazon of course weren't, looking at the complete header gives it away.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
It's been my experience that anyone wishing to do business on Ebay, or pay via Paypal, can do so safely with a Paypal account funded with a credit card. Not a debit card! The seller will NOT see or have any access to your credit card number. Their money will come through Paypal.

This way, if something gets sideways in your deal, and you're unable to straighten it out between you, contact the credit card company. They're on your side...

Contacting Paypal will only drag out the inevitable. They're a waste of time when it come to settling issues. With your credit card, YOU have the final say. -Al
X2 ... In actuality, in 2000 transactions, I have probably had less than 10 issues across 15 years ... and they were predominantly "non-paying buyers". I mostly (now) control bidding thru strict terms and conditions in any (relatively) high-value auction.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #25

When I go to a site that has what I am looking for, but they do not have a pay-pal method of ordering which forces me to input a lot of information that they would get automatically with pay-pal, I look elsewhere.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #26

I've had issues with PayPal.
First, their regressive attitude towards firearms items.
Second, had a credit card fraud issue once, that I believe began via PayPal. Got that card cancelled and money refunded. Several years later, had an alert that that same card (now long cancelled) was attempted again for a PP transaction. Contacted PP to try to find out what was going on - got NO joy from them. Very bad customer service. Read...... NO customer service.
Haven't used them since.
Since then, I have not used ebay, and the one motorcycle parts vendor I used to deal with who required payment via PP, has been off my list to do business with.
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote