Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
People are funny....

I bought another Porta-bote and motor when we came down to Florida this time. We already had one but I used My Willa's excuse for the second one. ''IT WAS ON SALE''........ Anyhow.

We got here with two boats on the truck so I assembled the ''old boat'' and put it on the front of the campsight with ''FOR SALE'' written in black tape on the side of it. People would stop and look and we would talk about it. ''How much is it'' ''How old is it'' ''will you sell just the motor?'' 'etc etc etc'. Lots of ''LOOKERS''......... The boat sat out there for a couple of months. Day before yesterday a retired Army Major stopped and looked. We talked and he bought just the motor and he stood there scratching his chin and went ahead and bought the boat also. Real simple and straight forward. He transferred the money to my account and came back the next day. We loaded the boat and motor, shook hands, I thanked him for his service to my country and he left with the boat on top of his SUV.

Yesterday I had a guy stop and ask .....''Did you sell the little boat?''.....Yes......''Why?''..... (duhhhh a man gave money for it) ''You knew I was lookin at that boat and I might buy it''........'Yeah?' ...... ''You sold it right out from under me''...........'Uhhhhh?'..... ''I was getting the money together and was coming back to buy the boat''.........'Uhhhhh?'...''I had gotten in touch with grandpa, my uncle Naybob, my cousin Dexter and I figured you might let me make payments on the rest that I would owe you and I was gonna buy your boat''.......'OoooooooK?' ..... ''I really wanted that little boat and now its gone''.......'Yep'.......
''Can I borrow your other boat you got so I can take my grandson fishin' tomorrow?'' ...............'Nope' ..............
''You are a 'HOKEY PUCK''.......... 'YEP'
He left in a huff.........
People are funny.....................

Thanks Veterans for our freedoms.....

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Why did you sell it to someone with cash when you could have financed it to Goober?

bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Whats wrong with you SeaJay? Ya sold that lil boat right out from under Goober and to top it off you wouldn't even let him borrow your new lil boat. Your right people are. Had a truck for sale once, Lady(?) called and said " ya gat a truck for sale" I said "yes" she said "ya take payments" I said "no" The phone said click
haulinhazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Send 'em my way - with cash!
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
I had a freind who tried to get rid of an old exercise bike a while back...left it in the back alley with a "free" sign on it and it sat there. Put in the front lawn with a "For Sale" sign on it and someone stole it right away....

People are funny.....
Dave and Kara - Weekend Warriors 2010 Newmar Bay star 3202, Ford chassis, Ford Ranger Toad, Can Am ATV
Central Alberta, Canada
HMXDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
I owned a furniture factory and needed help. A kid came by from the un-employment office with his ''papers''. He filled out a work application as required and I gave him a ''job'' paying more than he asked for. He looked at me and said that I didnt understand. He was making good money on the unemployment checks he was getting and doing some ''work'' under the table and he wasnt actually ''Looking for a job'', he just had to fill out applications to keep his ''benefits''.... He said he could not actually come to work ''right now'' because he and his uncle were going to the coast for a weeks fishing and the soonest he might consider coming to work for me would be at least two weeks because he was waiting for his next ''check''. He left my office and I called the ''Employment securities Commission'' and gave them his name, SS number and his ''case file number'' and Ms Johnson told me that they would drop him from the ''benefits''. One week later he came back and begged me for a job and I told him that the position had been filled. He invited me outside to kick my butt and I followed him out. Without a smile, I asked if he had a preference to being buried in the big sawdust pile or out in the tall pines to the left of the plant.
He left in a ''huff''........

People are funny........

Lets all thank a Vet for their sacrifices ..........just say ''THANK YOU VETERAN''
Old 02-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
The problem is they are breeding.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Newmar Owners Club
I run a small printing business here in town. Just last spring I was in the shop operating a press when I noticed a young guy come in while talking on his cell phone.

He spoke to one of my employees, evidently to ask who to talk to about a job. Then he proceeds to come to me, all the while still talking to someone on the phone. When he gets to me he tells the person on the phone to hold on a minute. Now this kid is wearing pants three sizes too big with no belt and having to hold them up with his other hand (this is the style for young folks nowadays evidently). He asks me if I need to hire any help, and I say not you.

He then proclaims " Oh, I see it's because I'm black!". I turned around again and told him, no your race has nothing to do with it. So he says " then why not for me?". I told him that he COULDN'T work because he had to hold up his pants with one hand and his cell phone with the other so he had no hands left to WORK with. I also told him that someone needed to teach him A) how to properly apply for a job, B) how to properly dress when applying for a job, and C) a proper resume would go a long way in the search for employment within a skilled trade.

He turned around, got back on the phone with whomever was holding during all of this and walked away cussing to them about what had just went on.

People are "CRAZY".
Tommy Parker
2007 Newmar Kountry Star 3914, ISL400
2001 Jeep Cherokee toad, M&G brake/2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Parkerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well... That "It got sold out from under me" has happened to me a few times. but I tell the seller.. "If you still have it when I get the money I'll take it but if someone comes in cash in hand.. DO NOT WAIT FOR ME!"

Sounds like your non-cuss-some-more does not understand that when it comes to selling stuff.

MONEY TALKS.. and you know what walks.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
I think that it's "In God we trust all others pay cash." On the other hand ,If you dont dress, or act like you want the job you won't get the job. People are crazy.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
American Coach Owners Club
Almost 40 years ago, I was busy on the phone giving a price quote for some new tires. I heard a horn outside blaring and a large man with a fat cigar hanging out of his mouth was waving wildly. He continued to blast his horn while I finished giving the quote and thinking there must be some emergency, I went out to see what the problem was.

Driver..."Hey Mac, there's Sanford at"?
Me..."Turn left out of our lot an head north for XX miles and stay on HWY. 17/92 and you'll run right into Sanford".
Driver..."BS, I just came from there and it's not that way".
Me..."Well sir, I live there and I made the drive just this morning and unless something terrible has happened within the past 4 hours, it should still be there".
Driver..."Listen to me SON,(this while removing the most nasty looking, shredded and soaked end of that cigar from his mouth and pointing it at me) I'm from New York City and I've traveled all over these United States of America, and I'm telling you it's not [moderator edit] up THERE(jab/pointing north)".
Me...(While preforming my best heart attack impression) "I'm so sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to such a seasoned traveler. In that case, you should have no trouble finding it yourself". Turned and went back to work. Jeez!

Some people are funny......some are really RUDE! Bob
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
And then there are iggernent ones.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #13
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bldrbob note ... it is egg-nar-ant ones..... If you are gonna use the language, pls use it rite.

Lets bring our troops home today ........
Old 02-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #14
Sorry I geuss me oes youuns a shiny dime for da innfermation.