Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
Dunno - the absolutely RUDEST we have seen at the fuel pumps - especially the diesel pumps - are the RV owners.
I'd have to agree for the most part with that. I clean my windsheild while my gas is being pumped. (I prop the fuel handle lever or I don't do the winshield).

We are usually at the pump getting the huge tank of fuel that takes a bit. If there isn't anyone in line behind me, I will continue with chores though.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
CD

Quote:
Dunno - the absolutely RUDEST we have seen at the fuel pumps - especially the diesel pumps - are the RV owners. Many of them are totally oblivious to the line of other customers behind them, and AFTER they finish the 30 minute chore of filling their 150 gallon tank, LEAVE their rig blocking the pumps, THEN proceed to wash ALL their windows, check all 10 or 12 of their tires, then a casual walk around inspection of their rig, THEN another casual walk into the register to pay for their fuel purchase...

As everyone BEHIND them are forced to WAIT...

ALL this, EVEN WHEN there are obvious open parking spaces close by where they could courteously move away from the pumps to do those chores, to allow the long line behind them to move up...

"RUDE folks" at the fuel stations?

RVER's too often TOP that list!
Those are probably the same people that can't back out of a parking space if they did park there.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Dunno - the absolutely RUDEST we have seen at the fuel pumps - especially the diesel pumps - are the RV owners. Many of them are totally oblivious to the line of other customers behind them, and AFTER they finish the 30 minute chore of filling their 150 gallon tank, LEAVE their rig blocking the pumps, THEN proceed to wash ALL their windows, check all 10 or 12 of their tires, then a casual walk around inspection of their rig, THEN another casual walk into the register to pay for their fuel purchase...

ALL this, EVEN WHEN there are obvious open parking spaces close by where they could courteously move away from the pumps to do those chores, to allow the long line behind them to move up...

Agrred.. Rude is every where
Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I typically don't go into tight places like that...
the few cents off are not worth the hassle...

AND, I would probably make a few drivers upset when I ran their "petooties" over

or at least blocked them in...

just like with a St Bernard puppy,
you have to teach them to behave before they get too big to handle....
I'm just doing my part !!!
I don't always go to the pumps that are tied to our gas points, but as we had .80 cents off per gallon, I saved $28.00 on the 35 gallons I put in. On average we save between .50 cents to .80 cents per gallon when we use this program. For me, that's an average savings of $55 on a full 73 gallon fill - about 1/4 tank of fuel or ~130 miles of travel.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

We pulled into a F-J station east of Portland and behind a car with a young lady filling up the tank. She finished and banged on the trunk lid.

Another "lady" got out and the two of them walked into the office. I assumed to pay the tab. (Not that it makes any difference but they kissed about 5 times, giggling and otherwise carrying on while walking).

I was completely boxed in due to my toad so my moving was limited. I waited about 30 minutes and finally went in. I told the manager of my situation and gave him the license # and description of the car. He announced the situation on the PA and asked the driver of the car to please move it out. That, of course got no response.

Another 30 minutes went by, I went to the manager again and asked for help. Again he put out a call on the PA. Another 20 minutes went by and finally the two broads sauntered out still kissing and giggling. By the way, there were 4-5 other cars blocked in now. I asked in my most polite voice if they were aware of what they were doing only to hear a 30 second rant about how gays were so picked on and I should be arrested for harrassment.

Situations such as this make it difficult to support these people.

They left in a cloud of smoke, horn blaring and center digits raised on high.

Anyway, in they went. I should mention that the station was packed

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy

We pulled into a F-J station east of Portland and behind a car with a young lady filling up the tank. She finished and banged on the trunk lid.

Another "lady" got out and the two of them walked into the office. I assumed to pay the tab. (Not that it makes any difference but they kissed about 5 times, giggling and otherwise carrying on while walking).

I was completely boxed in due to my toad so my moving was limited. I waited about 30 minutes and finally went in. I told the manager of my situation and gave him the license # and description of the car. He announced the situation on the PA and asked the driver of the car to please move it out. That, of course got no response.

Another 30 minutes went by, I went to the manager again and asked for help. Again he put out a call on the PA. Another 20 minutes went by and finally the two broads sauntered out still kissing and giggling. By the way, there were 4-5 other cars blocked in now. I asked in my most polite voice if they were aware of what they were doing only to hear a 30 second rant about how gays were so picked on and I should be arrested for harrassment.

Situations such as this make it difficult to support these people.

They left in a cloud of smoke, horn blaring and center digits raised on high.

Anyway, in they went. I should mention that the station was packed
Was this the fj at troutdale?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #21

Keep in mind that most gas stations do not want you to move from the pump after filling until the fuel is paid for. We then go inside and have to stand in line until our turn to pay, so sometimes the delay in getting out of there is not totally our fault.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
But, an hour and 20 mins??!!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:

We were at a Flying J. We had filled the tank, washed the windows, paid for our fuel and still couldn't leave because the owner(s) of the RV in front of us had not returned to it to drive it out of the RV Lane.

Turned out they had gone into the restaurant to enjoy a nice meal!

That's the last time I have gone through the RV Lanes at a Flying J.
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
But, an hour and 20 mins??!!
I would have had a woman hunt going on already or had the vehicle towed before I waited that long!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #25

No offense but you're little gas station looks just that - little. I'd find a place more suited to the size of your rig.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Keep in mind that most gas stations do not want you to move from the pump after filling until the fuel is paid for. We then go inside and have to stand in line until our turn to pay, so sometimes the delay in getting out of there is not totally our fault.
The only reason to go inside to pay for gas is when paying by check or cash. Why would anyone these days want to do that? I pay at the pump - quick and ez.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
With our rig at 32' there are many stations / situations I won't even bother with. We're hoping to set up our Honda Fit as a toad over the winter... Makes me think that there will be even less opportunities for fueling once I've got that on the back. What do the rest of you with toads do? Just hope you find a truck stop?

Slightly OT but today we had a right-lane holeshot jockey nearly take out the car in front of him, such was his haste to pass me on the right when the light turned green. I think my 13,000-ish lbs. probably would have made his pretty Infiniti a bit less pretty. Man, folks are dumb.

2000 Jayco 3230K Designer
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #28

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I wouldve pulled in so as to block as many pumps as I could, then waited for the gas station manager to come out and 'guide' me
Guiding people in and out is not their job or responsibility. If they did that and you were run into or ran into something that would possibly make them or the company responsible.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas