Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I really like pre-paying at the pump. True, there is a card dollar limit of 75 to 100 dollars most places, but I manage that by just swiping the card again, and getting two receipts from the pump. My rig is gasoline powered, and even though it has a 75 gallon tank, I try to fill when it is around 1/2 tank or just below. I can usually get it full with two swipes of the card that way.
The biggest hassle I have is, as stated above,are rude people who haven't a clue, (really feel like running over some of them at times) and getting my rig in and out of some of the stations that are a pretty tight fit. The term "RV friendly" takes on a whole new meaning at some of the places I have fueled.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #44

It wouldn't buy much but the thought occurred to me that if you hit a critical point where you had to get gas and the station was too tight to maneuver then carrying a 5 gallon gas can, filling it up and dumping it into the tank would get you to another station where you fit. A pain to say the least but since I'm thinking of up sizing to a 32 these types of crazy ideas must be considered...
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
One of the biggest hassles paying at the pump is the $100 limit per use on a credit card. The only way around this is to prepay inside.
Or use more than one credit card. that is what I do.

(e.g. after the 1st shut off I turn the pump off and insert/swipe a different credit card and continue pumping gas)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny367 View Post
Or use more than one credit card. that is what I do.

(e.g. after the 1st shut off I turn the pump off and insert/swipe a different credit card and continue pumping gas)
I've also found that most pumps will accept each of my cards twice per visit. Then I have to switch cards. Pretty silly stuff.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #47

Some people are just rude [moderator edit]. I am a 75 year old retired army and merchant seaman veteran. I have seen lots more of folks in the last 10 years who do not seem to have any sort of moral compass. I refuse to let these kind of people intidimade me. I will always call them out and try in a civil way to explain to them what I feel like they are doing wrong, in this case breaking in line at a fueling station. If they choose to ignore my courteous way to communicate, which has never happened, I will go to plan B. up to this point all [moderator edit] have listened to reason.
texkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas