Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #43

Whatever a persons most comfortable with I say .

Just don't be a victim.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is an old thread and it needs to be reminded of our rules re discussions on guns.

" General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive."

All previous posts will be deleted.
Thanks for understanding

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
This is an old thread and it needs to be reminded of our rules re discussions on guns.

" General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive."

All previous posts will be deleted.
Thanks for understanding

Cliff
I am sorry, my question was for information only. I have serious questions and just didn't know where else to ask them.
Thanks
Tom
Old 08-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #46
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
I am sorry, my question was for information only. I have serious questions and just didn't know where else to ask them.
Thanks
Tom
Your post was well within our rules and was not deleted with the others that weren't.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 08-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #47

I use this little noise maker when I'm out and about.

I've only used it once to scare off a would be attacker.

It turned a lot of heads and got their attention, that's for sure.

Safety Whistle - Orange
Old 08-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #48

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Why is shotgun a better choice for home / Rv defense ?
There is a book (As I recall the title is Oakalama Crude but don't quote me on that, been many, many years) where there is a line about a "Scatter Gun" (Shot gun) the person giving instruction says "Not only will you hit whomever you are pointing at but you may hit some innocenet bystandars to your rear" or words like that (I may have laundered a bit).

Of course that's fiction.. Now true stories

State police go to arrest fugutive, One detective and a team of uniforms go to the house, Other detective comes into my office (I told you this is true) and calls the 10-T (WIll explailn at end) Who gives the calling Detective some ferterlizer about having to meet with the FBI.. .. Then puts the phone down, runs out the back door, vaults a low fence, a higher fence and one higher still.. Coming over the last fence he spots two tropers with shoutguns. You ever watch the DIck Tracy cartoons where the character says "Hold everyhing" and stuff freezes mid flight.. Well, he did his best.. Kind of came down easy and just assumed the position without even being told.. Very cooporative.. Troopers ask him why he was being so good about it. "Didn't want to get shot" That never stopped you in the past (He'd been shot 3 times by the city) They use hand guns .. Those shotguns mess you up too much.

And that is why Shotguns are better.

The other one the guy surrrendered to the city cause the troopers carried SHOTGUNS!.

By the way, Many complained the troopers were using excessive force carrying those shotguns.. no.. They are not using any force ... Till they pull the trigure,,, Which (unlike the city with the handguns) they did not have to do.

The sound a bad dude fears most is not the police siren, it's not Alarms, Bells, or a loud voice saying CALL THE COPS.. It's the Shhha---Shunk of a shotgung being made ready to go BOOM.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
I would call Canadian Customs to get the real story.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #50

FWIW - A couple of comments on this discussion.

In Michigan it is illegal to have a loaded shotgun (or rifle) in a moving vehicle even with a CPL(CCW). A Michgan CPL is for pistols only. Use your shotgun for home security.

In Michigan it does not matter if you are a retired LEO or not, you still need a CPL to carry concealed here.
A Michigan retired LEO was recently arrested when it was discovered at an traffic accident his CPL had expired and he was carrying. If I doing some digging I might be able to find the news story.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

There is a book (As I recall the title is Oakalama Crude but don't quote me on that, been many, many years) where there is a line about a "Scatter Gun" (Shot gun) the person giving instruction says "Not only will you hit whomever you are pointing at but you may hit some innocenet bystandars to your rear" or words like that (I may have laundered a bit).

Of course that's fiction.. Now true stories

State police go to arrest fugutive, One detective and a team of uniforms go to the house, Other detective comes into my office (I told you this is true) and calls the 10-T (WIll explailn at end) Who gives the calling Detective some ferterlizer about having to meet with the FBI.. .. Then puts the phone down, runs out the back door, vaults a low fence, a higher fence and one higher still.. Coming over the last fence he spots two tropers with shoutguns. You ever watch the DIck Tracy cartoons where the character says "Hold everyhing" and stuff freezes mid flight.. Well, he did his best.. Kind of came down easy and just assumed the position without even being told.. Very cooporative.. Troopers ask him why he was being so good about it. "Didn't want to get shot" That never stopped you in the past (He'd been shot 3 times by the city) They use hand guns .. Those shotguns mess you up too much.

And that is why Shotguns are better.

The other one the guy surrrendered to the city cause the troopers carried SHOTGUNS!.

By the way, Many complained the troopers were using excessive force carrying those shotguns.. no.. They are not using any force ... Till they pull the trigure,,, Which (unlike the city with the handguns) they did not have to do.

The sound a bad dude fears most is not the police siren, it's not Alarms, Bells, or a loud voice saying CALL THE COPS.. It's the Shhha---Shunk of a shotgung being made ready to go BOOM.
I am a retired cop and I own everything from a small handgun to several (what is called by the public) assault type rifles and 4 shotguns, including a double barrel. I prefer a handgun, because of concealment.
Tom
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgc View Post
FWIW - A couple of comments on this discussion.

In Michigan it is illegal to have a loaded shotgun (or rifle) in a moving vehicle even with a CPL(CCW). A Michgan CPL is for pistols only. Use your shotgun for home security.

In Michigan it does not matter if you are a retired LEO or not, you still need a CPL to carry concealed here.
A Michigan retired LEO was recently arrested when it was discovered at an traffic accident his CPL had expired and he was carrying. If I doing some digging I might be able to find the news story.
Need to check the law, it's a Federal law, all law enforcement officers, (retired in good standing) may carry a handgun concealed. And last time I checked, federal law trumps any state law.
Tom
Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post

Need to check the law, it's a Federal law, all law enforcement officers, (retired in good standing) may carry a handgun concealed. And last time I checked, federal law trumps any state law.
Tom
Check this out,
H.R. 218, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act” and
S. 1132, the “Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act Improvements Act”
and
H.R. 4310, the “National Defense Authorization Act
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
That's why my shotgun (Win 1300 Coastal Defender) has a combination light and laser on it. Switch is near the trigger, hit the button and I've got light as well as the laser dot.

Exactly!
Most newbies, and I mean non-shooters, believe a shotgun will fill the opposite wall of a room with shot.
Wrong; in a normal room the pattern will open very little, depending on the gauge, barrel length, and type of shell. You must aim, a fixed laser is good insurance you will hit the target.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #55
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This thread was allowed to continue once it was reserected but we are getting farther and farther away from gun discussions as it pertains to RVing.

See My RV Upgrades
Closed Thread