Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

PETA Burgers (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Before undertaking the below, please read and follow the following two points of interest:

1. Remember that when in the kitchen, cleanliness is next to Godliness. Why, cause the ER or hospital will make you think you have a holey wallet or piggy bank if you don't keep things sanitary.

2. I am the founding member of PETA on face book. go to my page Ken Morgan, click on links, and ask to join PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) this is me having Fun and sharing one of my pasions at the same time. If you are a member of the other other PETA, then sorry, my group is more fun

PETA Burgers (or how to make a lot of friends around the campfire)

Take a piece of high quality fine grained kiln dried hardwood. plane until 1/2" thick. Cut into three pieces, one of them should be 12"x12" square, and two of them should be 8"x8". take one of the 8x8" squares and cut a 8" disc using a router and jig, or jigsaw. take the other 8x8" piece and plane until 3/8" thick. cut a 5 1/2~ 6" hole in it with a jigsaw. sand off any burrs, or rough points on all pieces. (this will cause the mold to release easier if everything is smoothed with sandpaper) take the burger mold, wipe well with cooking oil or grease and use as the top and bottom plate for your burger press.

ingredients/ tools:

above mentioned burger press mold
1 light weight tack hammer or light rubber mallet

fresh 90% lean or better hamburger 1~5 lbs, depending upon your desired amount.
onions "sweet whites"
bell peppers
paprika peppers
bacon (one strip per 1/4 lbs of hamburger
eggs, one per pound of burger mix (roughly)

work quickly so you can freeze when done.

Prep ingredients as follows and mix with hamburger. chop fresh onions into slightly larger than "minced", do the same with bell peppers and/or paprika's. take one strip of bacon per 1/4 lbs of hamburger, fry, crumble and mix in hamburger with peppers, and onions. try varying your mix of peppers to onions to bacon and hamburger to find the mix you like. break one raw egg per lbs of mix, beat egg and then mix thoroughly with hamburger and other ingredients.

after mixing well lay wax paper flat on bottom block under the burger mold. slightly overfill the mold with burger, onion, pepper and bacon mix put top plate on and tap once or twice with the hammer to set the mold. adjust amount of mix in mold until you come out with a firm burger patty. remove mold and slide to next area of wax paper. repeat until you run out of burger mix. (you might have to oil or grease the mold more than once while pressing to ensure and easy release from the mold.)

use the wax paper to separate the patties as you add them to quart or gallon size Ziploc bags (add as many as needed for one meal to each plastic bag. freeze while flat. cook when needed. you will need a large stick to beat the meat-a-tarians and meat-a-saurous's off with.

you can add other spices to make it tastier, this is just the start have fun

Ken Morgan
F&AM Yokosuka Lodge#20.
Former Marine 85~89
BSA 80~85

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I like your Peta better than the other. The other one is a bunch of goofs looking to starve to death. He He.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I like your Peta better than the other. The other one is a bunch of goofs looking to starve to death. He He.
Dennis & Marcie Patchy,

thanks, I for one do not intend to starve, I am currently working on a new and improved version of Bambi Stew. If you start with a Young Doe, I almost have it to the point that a non hunter cannot tell the difference between beef stew, and my Bambi Stew. the crux seems to be hom many bayleafs per gallon of stew as well as how much fresh celery & onions.

still working on that but when I figure it out Christmas weill never be the same, as Rudolph and the rest of Santas Deer will be a prine target !

Happy RVing in North America
Ken Morgan
Old 12-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I used to eat Bambi's and Mooskie's but I don't hunt anymore. I still eat them every chance I get. A nice moose roast done in the oven covered with bacon strips takes any wild taste out and we have had people remark on how nice the beef was.
Rudolph will be steppin careful on your roof top. He He.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will only say this, There used to be a PETA like yours on the web,, I think it was in fact the www name org, and the idiots brand wanted the URL so they not only made them dump it but sued them over the name, which they owned first as I recall... Now if you have not already gotten the hint, I'm not a supporter of that group that has no clue at all as to how to treat animals.. And do support your version.