Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I love new folks, I just have noticed a pattern on many different forums on many topics. A person signs up to warn or complain about a business. It's often a one-sided tale and a bit over the top. This OP has done this, "Pilot Flying J Scam WARNING!!!" It's not a scam, by one definition as, "A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle." giving the idea it is a widespread practice of this business. This was a theft by one employee at one location. A warning is unnecessary, a person using a credit or debit card should always take precautions. No heightened awareness of problems at a Flying J than a wise person would take using credit/debit at any business, from the Waldorf to the 7/11.

The rest of my posting was to inform that Kroger has many stores, under many names, many of which participate in the fuel discount program. Another poster had wished he could use his Kroger fuel discount while traveling, I was just letting him, (and others) that it is possible.

Point well made! Could I have been a tad rash..... ME.... never. Just don' ask my wife :-)

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
If one uses the PFJ RV Plus card (need the secret control number to make a purchase at the pump) at the truck pumps and wants a receipt, all one needs to do is go to the kiosk in the store (no need to stand in line) follow the instructions on the screen. It takes about 15 seconds for me to get a receipt. I get a receipt every time I make a purchase. The receipts are matched against the bill. Never had a problem with PFJ. When one looks at the total offering, for me, PFJ is a good place to purchase fuel.

If one uses the RV pumps, a receipt will print at the pump.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
If one uses the PFJ RV Plus card (need the secret control number to make a purchase at the pump) at the truck pumps and wants a receipt, all one needs to do is go to the kiosk in the store (no need to stand in line) follow the instructions on the screen. It takes about 15 seconds for me to get a receipt. I get a receipt every time I make a purchase. The receipts are matched against the bill. Never had a problem with PFJ. When one looks at the total offering, for me, PFJ is a good place to purchase fuel.

If one uses the RV pumps, a receipt will print at the pump.
Gary where is the kiosk you speak of and is it used for other things. I must have overlooked that option and it looks like it would speed my stops up.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Only problem I ever had was once when the pump refused my card. Went in to talk with cashier and the manager overheard the conversation. Turns out I was over my $1000 limit. I presented another credit card ant the manager said he would override and give my my discount anyway.

They earned a lot of respect that day.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Only problem I ever had was once when the pump refused my card. Went in to talk with cashier and the manager overheard the conversation. Turns out I was over my $1000 limit. I presented another credit card ant the manager said he would override and give my my discount anyway.

They earned a lot of respect that day.
Had a similar problem. Clerk called the customer service number for. CS person asked if I would like to raise my limit. I said yes. Went back out to pump, used my card and pumped $200 of fuel. Good CS.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #48

I did not read anything but the initial posting but I almost always find that when the word "WARNING" in the subject matter, the post is just something adverse that just happened to the poster, and that poster assumes it's a widespread thing, which it invulnerably is not the case.

Stuff happens!

Ed
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Thousands of gallons from both and never a problem like this.
Discount was not given once and 1 short email took care of that.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
However, the only thing I do not like about the process is not getting a printed receipt at the pump.
I have used my Pilot card for 3 or 4 years, I always get a printed receipt @ the pump, the only exception was once when the printer was out of paper.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Been using my RV Plus Card for 3 or 4 years and never found a truck pump that gave receipts. I always take me little pad out with me so I can write it down.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #52

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve n sal View Post
credit card fraud can happen anywhere. It just can't be blamed on flying j/pilot. All it takes is a simple call and report the problem and i'm sure it will get resolved. Do you have your receipt????? If so it should be a no brainer and i'm sure they have video cameras around that could catch the person that did this.
As far as the so called high prices they charge i have yet to be to any locations that are within a penny or two of what other stations charge. Come on fuel lanes that are easy access, overnight parking (no charge) if you want to stay, convenience store if you need it, a restaurant if you don't want to cook something and just off the highway to accommodate you.
agree
Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
I have used my Pilot card for 3 or 4 years, I always get a printed receipt @ the pump, the only exception was once when the printer was out of paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Been using my RV Plus Card for 3 or 4 years and never found a truck pump that gave receipts. I always take me little pad out with me so I can write it down.
I guess that it... I have always used the RV lane, however when our company trucks used Pilot, or F J, or TA they always came back with a fuel ticket...
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:37 AM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
This is incorrect, I have two chipped credit cards. If you have had a credit card for a long time call your bank and ask for a chipped version. I know both Wells Fargo and Citibank have chipped cards.
Last week I got a new American Express card with the chip in it.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
I guess that it... I have always used the RV lane, however when our company trucks used Pilot, or F J, or TA they always came back with a fuel ticket...
You can always get a fuel ticket inside but I prefer to pump and go, I already have drinks and snacks with me. If I need to go shopping I pull to the parking area to get out of the way of the truckers. They are driving for a living, I'm just having fun.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
We have used our P/FJ Good Sam charge card for the past 3 months from east coast to west coast with no problems. However, the only thing I do not like about the process is not getting a printed receipt at the pump. I always write down the gallons and total price and it has always agreed with what appears on the statement. But I would like to get a receipt at time of sale.

The pump always asks me if I want a receipt, I always press yes, if it cannot print, it directs me into the store to get a receipt. Strange you can't get a receipt......

2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy AD.
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote