Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarnes View Post
Why not have direct deposit??? I don't go to the bank except to get a check register.
The company that issues the monthly checks, refuses to do "Direct Deposit". I have asked them several times.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
We always deal exclusively with our bank on an over-the-counter basis. One day they made a BIG mistake by misplacing a decimal point to the tune of $50,000 in our favour. One of our kids in the banking business, assured me that they will NEVER discover the error; so we played along.

Four months later, when they still hadn't clued in, we decided it was time to pull their chain. One day while we were in the bank, we questioned the accuracy of the four month old deposit, and asked if they would check their records.

TD Bank: Sorry, but if you want us to check the records, it will cost you $28 per hour for us to go over past transactions and check our records!!

Me: Okay, nevermind; it's just that we have an extra $50,000 in our account that doesn't correspond with our records.
To which they replied????????????????

bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #17

One day I walked up to an ATM and there were two twenties sticking out of it. I looked at the camera and said thank you and walked away.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Why not have direct deposit??? I don't go to the bank except to get a check register.
I just log in to look at our accounts, look at and print what few checks I write anymore. Most bills I pay over the Internet now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
The company that issues the monthly checks, refuses to do "Direct Deposit". I have asked them several times.
Even our little 160 unit retirement center with far less than 50 employees does direct deposit.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #20

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
I prefer to use my banks app, which lets me take a picture of the check. Saves the hassle of trying to get my vehicle through their drive-thru designed for a Fiat, and I still have the check in case something goes wrong. With mine, I can deposite up to $5k per day, and it's generally in my account by the next morning.
X2; I love deposit by phone. People email me scans of checks; I print them out, endorse them and then deposit them with the phone. Technology is marvelous.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
We always deal exclusively with our bank on an over-the-counter basis. One day they made a BIG mistake by misplacing a decimal point to the tune of $50,000 in our favour. One of our kids in the banking business, assured me that they will NEVER discover the error; so we played along.

Four months later, when they still hadn't clued in, we decided it was time to pull their chain. One day while we were in the bank, we questioned the accuracy of the four month old deposit, and asked if they would check their records.

TD Bank: Sorry, but if you want us to check the records, it will cost you $28 per hour for us to go over past transactions and check our records!!

Me: Okay, nevermind; it's just that we have an extra $50,000 in our account that doesn't correspond with our records.
I saw a study once on TV where they asked a bunch of folks if the ATM made an error and gave them an extra $100, would they keep it. Nearly all of them said they would. Then they asked a bunch of people if they found a wallet with an ID and $100 in it, would they keep it. Almost all of them said no, they'd try to return it. Then they asked, what is the difference?
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #22

On a different note ,when filling up with gas for the mh I always pay with cash before pumping but always get a receipt for the cash handed over to the cashier before leaving the store. That way they cannot say I didn't give them a certain amount of money and rip me off.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
We were in a Walmart my wife was checking out and I the cashier was acting fairly clumsy putting the items in the bags, she appeared to remove three bottles of wine and rescan them and when she was done she closed the register and hustled away. I immediately went to the customer service desk that was about twenty feet away and found we were charged for an additional three bottles of wine. We had the bogus charge removed but I feel it was a deliberate overcharge. Watch everything.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Not all checks come from someone who direct depposits.. now I use Direct for my retirement check, and did for payrolls before that, I use it for Social Security, and everything else I can.

But my Refund check from Scott-Tussen (3.00) is beside me awaiting my next trip out of the park.

And I got several checks some of them in the thousand dollar range when My wife died and thanks to President Obama's administration prosecuting the company that held the Montague on my house. And so on.. All those I took to the bank,, Sometimes I went inside, sometimes I used the ATM.

Strange one.. The ATM would not accept one check.. FROM THAT SAME BANK (I mean the check was issued by the bank, not drawn on it though that too was the case). That one was, as I recall, in the Kilobuck range.

In fact it helped pay for my new, used, towed.. (The last towed I got died with my wife when she hit a tree with it on Easter, FOUR DAYS after we bought it.. oh well Towed replacable. Wife, not so easy)
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #25

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

But my Refund check from Scott-Tussen (3.00) is beside me awaiting my next trip out of the park.
That's the sort of check for which I think "deposit by phone" is most useful. Yesterday I deposited a $1.38 check from one of those Class Action lawsuits that finally paid off! In the past, the check would float around the house and would probably expire before I would remember to take it to the bank. Now, all $1.38 of it could be deposited moments after it arrived in the mail!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post

That's the sort of check for which I think "deposit by phone" is most useful. Yesterday I deposited a $1.38 check from one of those Class Action lawsuits that finally paid off! In the past, the check would float around the house and would probably expire before I would remember to take it to the bank. Now, all $1.38 of it could be deposited moments after it arrived in the mail!
Is there a cost for the transaction when you use your phone to deposit?
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
With my credit union, I have not had a fee of any kind since free checking was introduced back in the 80s.

And Bill-Pay is free if you use it 3x/month.

All I spend is a few Wi-Fi electrons!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #28

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Not with the Wells Fargo account we have. It's treated like any other deposit.