Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Please don't blame the Braves

Longest game in either team's recorded history. Our runner was clearly out. He had stood up before his foot even touched the plate. I am an absolute Braves fan and will take any win we get, but the Pirates were robbed by an umpire that was either asleep, blind or tired and wanted to go home. I don't know who would have won this game - hope the Braves would have prevailed but this was the most obvious bad call I have seen in quite a while. Hang on Pittsburg there are more games in the season. Sorry you got banged by a POOR call.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #2

I was at the July 4 game in 1985 or 86 that went till 4:00 am at that point I was just pulling for anybody to win I also drove back home to Columbia SC a 4 hour drive the Mets won but I didn't care I just wanted it to be over I am sure they have won close games that they should not have one.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #3

Yeh, this was bad. You can't fault the Braves or any team when that happens. And, it's been happening a lot more this year. You really have to wonder what some of these guys are looking at when they make a call. Don't want to see instant replay be part of the game, but officials should be made to watch what they called until it sinks in to get it right out there. They're not paid what the players are paid but they are paid to do a good job.
gdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Longest game in either team's recorded history. Our runner was clearly out. He had stood up before his foot even touched the plate. I am an absolute Braves fan and will take any win we get, but the Pirates were robbed by an umpire that was either asleep, blind or tired and wanted to go home. I don't know who would have won this game - hope the Braves would have prevailed but this was the most obvious bad call I have seen in quite a while. Hang on Pittsburg there are more games in the season. Sorry you got banged by a POOR call.
Sorry Doc wont matter my Phillies are going all the way!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #5

Phillies not a chance sorry /:€... yankee fan....
Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
doc

Appalachian Campers
We'll see what happens. But, what if an ump had made a call like this in The Series and it determined the winner of the game and/or the entire Series. Not sure I am advocating instant re-play but .... .
Old 08-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #7

NFL has instant replay and is doing well with the system. NASCAR has many cameras around the track to monitor their rules. Why can't baseball and basketball have cameras? Referees and umpires are humans, but with that kind of money riding on a close call I think it is right to have instant replay.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote