Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #43

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I see a lot of critics of how this forum is run and I can't believe it. You have a choice, abide by the rules or don't use the forum. It is not mine or your forum and therefore we have no say it how it is run. What is so difficult to understand about that?

I have my fireproof suit on, so flame away,.
You'll get no flames from me.

And may I add -- if you don't like the ads (which, by the way, pay for this forum so you get it for free), you are welcome to ask for a full refund of your IRV2 dues.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #44

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
This is a very interesting thread and I have read it from beginning to end. First of all let me qualify what I'm about to say by stating the general goal of any website, which is to get people to not only visit it, but to come back again and again. Growth is what sustains any forum and irv2 has excelled at that.

Speaking as someone who has been a moderator and still is an admin on a family friendly gaming forum and has served as an admin of 11 family friendly gaming servers, I will state unequivocally, it's all about consistency. When there are inconsistencies in the administration of a forum that forum will fail. Right now, like it or not, irv2 has some inconsistencies and the membership has pointed them out to the admins. The resolution is simple. Make the inconsistencies go away.

This thread is not about whether or not anyone's browser will or won't block the ads. It's about making the ad content consistent with the rules that have been defined by the administrators or making the rules consistent with the ad content. You guys solve that and we can all get back to helping each other out.

Just to be clear, I am not on either side of the gun issue if we're going to talk about them, fine, if not, that's fine too. My only interest here is consistency and the preservation of irv2 as the best RV forum on the internet.

Just my 2 cents
I agree fully its not about Blocking ads its about believing enough about your rules not to take money and then not to allow discussions about same.
P.S. by the way who ownes this web site and what are the names of the owners and does Pol
come into play?
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #45

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
T I will state unequivocally, it's all about consistency. When there are inconsistencies in the administration of a forum that forum will fail. Right now, like it or not, irv2 has some inconsistencies and the membership has pointed them out to the admins. The resolution is simple. Make the inconsistencies go away.

This thread is not about whether or not anyone's browser will or won't block the ads. It's about making the ad content consistent with the rules that have been defined by the administrators or making the rules consistent with the ad content. You guys solve that and we can all get back to helping each other out.

Just my 2 cents
finally someone else can see my point.

but i still looked at a new power washer today so it easier for us to wash up the rv
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #46

Damon Owners Club
I like using the power washer but the old scrub brush is necessary too!

I like politics and guns but in other places, not RV forums.
173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #47

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I looked at the site from a computer at work that had never been to irv2. The site was almost unusable with all the ads and begging you to register.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #48

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I see a lot of critics of how this forum is run and I can't believe it. You have a choice, abide by the rules or don't use the forum. It is not mine or your forum and therefore we have no say it how it is run. What is so difficult to understand about that?

I have my fireproof suit on, so flame away,.
OK

oops..........looking for the flame thrower smiley, guess that's on another site
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
I really do like this forum and have learned a lot and met many people some with differant opinions,but still good people and I enjoy reading what they think and do.We all have differant views and thats what makes America wonderfull,I have read heated discussions on here about Dogs and Kid,s not being controlled and get out of hand more so than talking about weapons,God and Country issues,and we all gain Knowledge from what others think and this country needs to hear all,RVing in the future could be an issued and who knows maybe not allowed!So maybe these subject not allowed could and are important to RVing,just a thought!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #50
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
P.S. by the way who ownes this web site and what are the names of the owners and does Pol
come into play?
You yourself asked this question a few days ago and a answer was provided to you at that time.

Post #117 & #119
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #51

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
(snip)... I will state unequivocally, it's all about consistency. When there are inconsistencies in the administration of a forum that forum will fail. Right now, like it or not, irv2 has some inconsistencies and the membership has pointed them out to the admins. The resolution is simple. Make the inconsistencies go away....(snip)
Spot on, +1,
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a very simple way that the owners could achieve the consistency some of you are calling for - make this a subscription site so that no ads are needed. Of course with the amount of traffic this site has, the cost would probably be pretty hefty.

As for me, I will continue to login to keep the amount of ads I see down and ignore those I don't care for.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
There is a very simple way that the owners could achieve the consistency some of you are calling for - make this a subscription site so that no ads are needed.
I disagree. iRV2's competition is all ad-supported and free access. The ad revenue far outweighs any dues they would generate. No one would join unless there was some content or service that was not available elsewhere for free. People expect ads on free websites, and it doesn't bother most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
Of course with the amount of traffic this site has, the cost would probably be pretty hefty.
This forum can be run for less than $100/yr regardless of traffic volume, unless you're paying salaries to somebody. In the web hosting world, traffic volume based pricing is a thing of the past. Even the cheapest hosting packages include unlimited bandwidth, these days.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Funny how many posts some of the people that don't seem to like this site have.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #55

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Funny how many posts some of the people that don't seem to like this site have.
I'm not sure you are directing this comment at me, but if so, it's interesting that you interpret my input on this subject as 'not liking this site', when the exact opposite is true. If I didn't like this site, I wouldn't be at all concerned about the administrative inconsistencies, and detrimental rule changes we have seen in the last few weeks. If I didn't think this site was the best RV forum on the internet, I wouldn't be here at all. Quite the contrary, I think the folks here are the best, and I think the moderators do a great job when they choose to. And if I didn't think the recent rule changes were a huge mistake, and damaging to this site that I love, I'd never have said anything on this topic. It's interesting that you interpreted it the way you did.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will try to keep this as non*political (moderators' discretion of course) as possible. When so many of the "issues" being promulgated and discussed by both the existing WH administration and the would be replacements on the [moderator edit] side directly impact the hobby / lifestyle we all love, why would we avoid discussing it? Energy, carbon "footprints", fuel prices, import tariffs, licensing, freedom of movement, personal protection, class warfarre, and security, etc. etc. There are some (arguably and subjectively of course) radical differences in both the attitude and the treatment of these issues on both sides of the aisle. Would it not make sense for People like us, who are quite likely to be directly, and possibly negatively, impacted by decisions relating to these issues to speak out, at least amongst ourselves? Being forewarned is being forearmed so to speak. There has been a few times when I have heard certain comments from certain VERY influential Political personalities that have caused me to ask DW whether we are "smart" to continue with this lifestyle, or should we "get out" before it becomes untenable? I would love to turn to other foks in the same "boat" as me for their opinions and input?
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote