Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #29

I went to Texas A&M University for 11 years and just couldn't graduate. One day, the dean of students calls me in to his office and says, "Don, we're going to give you the opportunity to graduate. In a month, at half time of the homecoming football game, we are going to bring you out on the field and ask you one question. If you get it right, you get your degree. If you get it wrong, you have to go home without it and not come back."

I agreed to this and ran off to start studying. I studied night and day for a month. Finally the day came. It was a special day with homecoming and all the upcoming parties. The whole stadium was packed with A&M students and alumni, all waiting to see how I would do since I had become such a legend. The dean stepped up and said, "Don, are you ready for your question?"

I said I was.

The dean said, "Don, what is 3 X 3?"

I thought about it for about ten minutes and then finally stepped up to the microphone and said, "9?"

Before the dean could respond, thousands of the Texas A&M students and alumni jumped up and yelled, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!!"

Don
akadeadeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
I went to Texas A&M University for 11 years and just couldn't graduate. One day, the dean of students calls me in to his office and says, "Don, we're going to give you the opportunity to graduate. In a month, at half time of the homecoming football game, we are going to bring you out on the field and ask you one question. If you get it right, you get your degree. If you get it wrong, you have to go home without it and not come back."

I agreed to this and ran off to start studying. I studied night and day for a month. Finally the day came. It was a special day with homecoming and all the upcoming parties. The whole stadium was packed with A&M students and alumni, all waiting to see how I would do since I had become such a legend. The dean stepped up and said, "Don, are you ready for your question?"

I said I was.

The dean said, "Don, what is 3 X 3?"

I thought about it for about ten minutes and then finally stepped up to the microphone and said, "9?"

Before the dean could respond, thousands of the Texas A&M students and alumni jumped up and yelled, "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!!"

Don
Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #31

I used to work for Bum Bright, who was a grad and high dude at A&M. His favorite joke was ./...................

What do you call an A&M GRADUATE after 5 Years?
.BOSS !
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #32

Pond Piggies Club
Welcome to Grumpy's Garage. If you bring it in, I'll find something wrong!!!

Do you know if you rotate the air in the tires, you will get a better ride and a better tread wear pattern?

If your turn signals are not working correctly, you can correct this by adding blinker fluid. Make sure you use the gell type, for heavy duty use.

If you have a rattle under your vehicle, grease the muffler bearings.

A bucket of steam will help clean the windshield.

A Metric adjustable wrench will work better on batteries then an SAE adjustable wrench.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy y'all,(class of '57)

In our family my little brother is the liar(he'll climb a tree to tell a lie when he could tell the truth standing on the ground), but I'll have to admit it:
I AIN'T NEVER EVER TOLD NO LIE !!! Stretched the truth a time or 3, but NO, NO, I AIN'T NEVER EVER TOLD NO LIE !!!!!!!!

Y'ALL BELIEVE ME Y'HEAH!!!!!!!!!
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy akadeadeye,

Hey, I was there that game, but knew you were wrong, it was 12!!!

One time I had a Model A Ford that you could run on coal oil & Hi-Life; the
motor ran so hot it turned transparent and you could watch the pistons run up and down in the cylinders... REALLY...THATZ THE TRUTH..BELIEVE ME !!
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #35

If I told you I was a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR would you Believe me?
jimzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #36

I heard both of my X wives say "I DO"...

Chris
HoRotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
I once caught a HUGE fresh water eel that could TALK! After a four hour fight I landed the monster. It immediately started whining about a wife and kids and pleaded to throw him back. Because of all his whining, I relented under one condition...because of his heft, I would throw him back if he told me how much he weighed. He replied..."I really don't know, I have no scales". Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 AM   #38

Yes sir Mr. Wilds we have fixed everything on your repair list, installed the new awning material, and you're ready to go.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #39

"No dear, I've had that shotgun for YEARS... I just haven't pulled it out of the gun safe for a while."

Steve
SteveLevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #40

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
"No dear, I've had that shotgun for YEARS... I just haven't pulled it out of the gun safe for a while."

Steve
Hay, I resemble that remark! And I don't know about you, but it didn't work!!!!!
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #41

Steve and Grumpy,

The problem here is that you just don't have enough of them so the DW loses track . You need a few more so they all start looking alike.

liz
Old 06-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
Steve and Grumpy,

The problem here is that you just don't have enough of them so the DW loses track . You need a few more so they all start looking alike.

liz

I do that with running shoes and handbags. My two vices.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote