Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Prayers needed please

You may have noticed that my posts have slowed down these past weeks. Here is my reasons for this.
I will try to keep this short but there is a lot involved.

As you guys know, My Willa and three other ladies were scheduled to go on a seven day cruise out of Tampa while we were down here for the winter. The ''cruise'' was planned while we were up on the New River doing some tubing one weekend last summer. Linda, Sherry, Donna and Willa were going to together and Willa was the only one that had been on a cruise so the ladies insisted that Willa go along. Plans were made and tickets bought. Passports were ordered and much preparation was made for the late winter Caribbean cruise down to Mexico and parts unknown.
Linda is an old friend that has been with my cousin Earl for many years. They are live in companions and they are the guys we have camped with for many years. We went to Alaska together in 05 and we camp together a lot.
All was going well and preparations were complete and everyone was ready to meet down here in Tampa for the big cruise. About two week before the time for the cruise Linda had an appointment with her doctor to look at a place on her breast. She went to her doctor and he recommended a mammogram. She went for the mammogram and they found three ''places'' in her breast and they recommended an MRI. One thing lead to another and they finally took biopsies of the sights. The doctors diagnosed a rapid type of cancer in her breast and recommended that she not go on the cruise so they could start treatment as soon as possible. Linda made the other girls promise to go ahead and go on the cruise and they would schedule another one next year. After many exams and much testing it has been determined that she will be taking chemotherapy for four months and then they will remove both of her breasts and do radiation treatments as necessary. We talk to her about every day and she is very positive concerning her situation. She is not at all worried and is amazingly positive about the whole experience.

Linda Michael has always been a friend to my family. I have known this lady for some 25 years and she was very supportive to me when my wife Linda died back in 03. Willa and I are very involved with her and Earl concerning this and it is difficult to put my mind to much of anything else.
This is what I would ask of you guys.
Second. I would ask everyone to remember my friend Linda Michael in their prayers.

Many thanks my friends........
I will keep everyone posted as to her progress....

Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Talked to the Boss this morning Seajay. He said "Fear not, for I am with you"
Simper Fi Brother

haulinhazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Unhappy Sorry

Hi All,

Hey Seajay,
I am very sorry to hear of your friends medical problem, and I will keep you all in my prayers, as well as add you to our prayer circle hear at the RV Park on Sunday! Keep us posted!
AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Payers work, let's just say I know from experience. Our prayers are with her and her family.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Gulf Streamers Club
God Bless
racefn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
Covered on this end for you
Papa John & Mother Mary 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX, 34N
2008 Hyundai Elantra - Toad
Tampa, Florida
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
Solo Rvers Club
Healing thoughts sent Linda's way.
...memories so we might have roses in December - unknown
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sea jay, sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you. May she be at peace.
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
She is on my prayer list as well shipmate.

Be Well

USMC (Retired) Not as lean - Not as mean - but still a Marine!

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Thoughts and prayers headed your way.............
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am sorry to hear about your friend, Linda. Know that I will include her in my prayers for a total recovery.

God bless.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Prayers work
I hjad an estimated 300 people in five states praying for me when I had terminal colin cancer, the doctor said I had a year.
I had the surgery, and am now 100% cancer free
Keep praying
Don't pray for a blessing--Pray to be a blessing.
2006 Holiday Rambler Endavor 40 footer
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Bob and I will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Make sure to tell her that she is remembered and her needs are being brought to the attention of the Man upstairs.

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
Forest River Owners Club
Hello Seajay,

My PrettyFace was diagnosed in Nov 08 and had a double mastectomy. For years we had dreamed of our retirement and seeing the sites in our then HR and girls; Maggi, Molli and Quinn (wheaten terriers of course)

I have always been a 50/50 religious person, 100% in 68' thru 70' i.e. Vietnam. But this time I talked to that guy upstairs that most of us take for granted like he was my right hand. I told him things I'd never reveal to a human form.

Then one night I had a dream in which PrettyFace and I were in a new MH looking out over a vast mountain range. She was sitting there in the co-pilot seat good as new. This is the honest truth, someone or something told me that we will be together looking at those mountains. I sat straight up in bed, looked over at my sleeping PrettyFace, gave her a kiss, smiled and slept like a log all night.

In Jan 2010, she was diagnosed free and clear. I made plans right then to be at the 2010 super show in Tampa to buy that new MH. We just got back from a week in St. Augustine on the beach. No mountain range yet, but we're leaving in July for the Rockies.

I will pray for Linda and surely wish her the best and to enjoy that promised cruise. We live in West Tampa, FL.

gallopn'go4r is offline   Reply With Quote