Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #43

Keep us posted. When the going gets tough, "the tough get going"!

BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #44
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts,the visits,cards and calls are also greatly appreciated. We finally start on his aggressive treatment Wednesday,an IV,then chemo pills and radiation-IV's are every 2 weeks,chemo 7 days a week and radiaton 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Its going to get rougher but we are very hopeful for a good out come!

Dianne
Dianne,

I still have y'all in my thoughts and prayers, it sounds like Tom is getting some very good treatment for his cancer and should get a very good outcome from the chemo and radiation. I've had both over the past year or so and, contrary to the doctor's original expectations, they have stabilized mine for the time being.

Even though you say it may get rougher in the next few weeks, keep your faith strong if it does and the the Good Lord will take care of the rest. I hope to soon see Tom posting that he has kicked this disease in the rear and is back to traveling and camping again. Hang in there!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #45

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Richard,good to hear from you and know that yours is stabilized.Hope to see you camping again in the future,we also hope to maybe someday have another small "backyard rally" here.
Thanks to you and everyone else for the good thoughts and prayers,we'll remember you in ours too.
Tom
Old 12-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #46

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
A full week left of chemo,4 radiation treatments and one more Avastin IV,then a break. The nausea pills are WONDERFUL,Tom feels a little sick once in awhile but food taste good and he has even gained a few pounds. He isn't happy about that as it makes the pain in his joints worse,drs aren't concerned about a weight gain right now though. Mid January he gets a new MRI which we take to Duke and get the results of the treatment and see what comes next. We are praying for a Christmas miracle. Again,thanks for the cards,calls and visits!

Dianne
Old 12-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #47
doc

Appalachian Campers
Glad you are doing good Richard and Ms C and I both hope you continue the good figth.
Tom, we hope and pray for the Christmas miracle. Good things are happening in the world of medicine and with a little help from the Lord we will one day have this thing licked. If you can find it, do a Google on University of Georgia cancer research. They have discovered or developed a method of making the body recognize the C as a foreign body and bring it's immune system into action against the C. According to what I read the other day, the C is developed in the body and the body does not recognize it as a threat. Supposed to start human trials next year I believe.
We need it so very badly.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #48
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Hi Dianne,

I'm glad to hear that Tom is doing so well with his treatments, there are some wonderful things being done with cancer treatments these days. Sylvia and I have Tom in our prayers, a strong faith is needed to beat these diseases along with the help from the doctors.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Dianne, Praying for a Christmas Miracle for you and Tom. Hopefully all of this will be a bad memory soon and you can get on with the rest of your lives. Charles
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
All Our Best Wishes

Hang in there, Tom. We'll be thinking of you.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #51

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
Tom,you have been in our prayers every day since this started.

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #52
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Diane, Annette and I will be praying for Tom. May God bless & keep you!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #53

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
Diane,our prayers will be with the both of you,stand strong in your faith and belive,and things can happen.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
I do not personally know Tom, but that does not matter, God Does. So when I pray I ask Him for a blessing for Tom. God is the Great Physician and Healer and my faith is in Him and I know He will take care of Tom and his needs. God bless and be with you both.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
We are praying for a Christmas miracle.
Dianne
I had a Christmas miracle. My colonoscopy pathology report indicated one carcinoid tumor that after further testing was benign. I had my church and friends from around the country praying for me and only by God's grace and love did the tumor test benign. Miracles happen each and every day, not just at Christmas.

We will be attend Christmas eve services tonight and I will add Tom to our prayer list. This is the time to remember His presence, not the presents.

Merry Christmas.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #56

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Got some good news yesterday! Tom had a MRI Friday,Jan.13 and went to Duke yesterday for the results. The tumor has shrunk and there is no new growth. This cancer will be a life long battle for him but for now we feel like he is on the winning side! The chemo,radiation,Avastin IV and mostly the prayers have really helped. He is going on another session of chemo,about 3 times as strong as before but 5 days on 23 days off for 2 cycles,then another MRI and back to Duke in two months. Please keep us in your prayers! thanks guys.

Dianne