Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #29

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping4fun View Post
Dianne, sorry to hear about Tom but remember we serve a mighty God, never give up hope. Don't tell God How bad his cancer is but tell the cancer how big our God is. My prayers have been sent for both of you two.
What a wonderful way to put it! There isn't much of the tumor left,they just couldn't get what was pressed against the brain stem. The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center's motto is "At Duke.... there is hope",so no we won't give up,and we are making the very most of each day.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #30

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
I got a late night call from Tom last night,said he been doing some serious thinking,so was afraid about what. But, he decided we aren't going to sell the rv yet,said we may take shorter,closer to home trips but wasn't ready to give up camping yet-love his positive attitude!!
Good for Tom! Waiting and worrying is the worst part of any illness. This may be a blessing in disguise and may remind you to make every moment meaningful. My best wishes and healing thoughts go your way. I'm hoping for a miracle.
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Tracy and I send our best thoughts.... d
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #32

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Tom wants me to thank everyone for the prayers,good wishes and cards,he appreciates them so much!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #33

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
You both are in our prayers and thoughts. I'm in Wilmington , so if THERE IS ANYTHING!!!!! you need or need to have done, PLEASE give me a call.

Something that I want to pass on to you and all the members. I have been fortunate enough to have an airplane and a motorhome in my lifetime. The airplane allowed me to participate in a program called ANGEL FLIGHT. This is where pilots donate their time and services to fly people for treatment all across the US. There is no cost for this service, just a smile is all I asked for. I have flown babies to the Shriner burn centers and brought home elderly to be with their families in their last days.

My point is just to let our family and others know of this free service. Angel Flight also has working part on the ground (GROUND ANGELS) that transports patients that can't fly. Motorhomes are great for this service. Check them out on the web.

Now my flying days are over, Cancer took my medical, but I help with Ground Angels transporting people to the hospitals from the airport.

Horace
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #34

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Dianne and Tom,

Our throughts and prayers are with you. We pray God's grace and blessings for you both through this process. We hope Tom continues to recover well.

Duncan & Rose
Old 10-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #35

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 kw View Post
Dianne and Tom,

Our throughts and prayers are with you. We pray God's grace and blessings for you both through this process. We hope Tom continues to recover well.

Duncan & Rose
Thanks,it was great seeing you two at the rally,wish we could have spent more time together. We are back in Durham for dr appointments at Duke Monday and Tuesday. Tom went through the surgery and rehab very well so with his great attitude and everyones prayers and good wishes we are hoping what we have coming up next will go just as well.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
He's in my thoughts.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
How is Tom doing? He is in our prayers.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Keep your spirits up. Our prayers also go with you and Tom.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #39

Please tell Tom he is in my prayers, and you are too. I suspect the caregiver has greater stress levels than the patient. Ever since I developed melanoma skin cancer my wife has focused on me and neglected herself. Please remember to keep your health up as you care for Tom.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #40
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Tom and Di you are both in my prayers! Glad to hear things are going well!!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #41

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts,the visits,cards and calls are also greatly appreciated. We finally start on his aggressive treatment Wednesday,an IV,then chemo pills and radiation-IV's are every 2 weeks,chemo 7 days a week and radiaton 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Its going to get rougher but we are very hopeful for a good out come!

Dianne
Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #42
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We'll keep those prayers comin', Dianne. Stay strong & we all hope the chemo & radiation give that old cancer a one-two punch with a KO & down for the count!

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote