Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
R.I.P.

Rest In Peace.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Rest In Peace.
who??????????????????????????????????????????

Old 09-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 resulted in 2,996 deaths, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims.The victims were distributed as follows: 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,606 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon All the deaths in the attacks were civilians except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon.These numbers do not account for the unborn killed with pregnant women.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
RIP in peace for the victims, may god comfort their families. I hope the hijackers are rotting in hell.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Normally I try very hard not to offend anyone here. If I think my posts will offend I typically apologize in advance.

I will not try to spare anyone's feelings over the cowards. I was so angered (still angry) by the cowardice acts I tried to reenlist in the Navy on 9/12/2011 told me thanks but you are too old.

I am disappointed our retaliation has not been more thorough and complete. Especially in light of the number of brave American men and women who died since 9/11/2001.

So for those offended by my comment re. hijackers rotting in hell, I offer no apology.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #6

Mission Accomplished

"Mission Accomplished"

Where were you and what were you doing when you found out?

I was home using up vacation time since I was retiring in Nov. Turned on the TV and it was on all network channels. I called my brother and he answered the phone: "I didn't do it." He's a pilot. I popped in a tape and now have 13 VCR tapes of the news coverage.

Today, I am again thinking "Mission Accomplished". Not only did they succeed in hijacking and crashing the planes, they succeeded in bringing down the towers. They succeeded in giving first responders cancer. The lives affected go way beyond the ones that died at ground zero. Every 9/11, all they have to do is spread rumors, whether true or false, of an impending attack and get the whole nation on high alert, costing millions of dollars and disrupting hundreds of thousand of lives. Right now, I'm watching a story about a first responder who has multiple cancers. If you don't think that al-Qaeda is watching this and praising allah, You must be living in a shoe box. Every day of our lives is now affected by what they did.

"Mission Accomplished"
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Probably one of the reasons why it should not be hashed, televised, and repeated constantly throughout the day. It just gives the cowards pleasure. I personally refuse to watch and relive it. it hurts to much. I do remember well.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Probably one of the reasons why it should not be hashed, televised, and repeated constantly throughout the day. It just gives the cowards pleasure. I personally refuse to watch and relive it. it hurts to much. I do remember well.
X2 on that
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #9

God bless America. God bless the souls of those who perished. We will never forget!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #10

Quote:
X3 here!

Mass murderers and people who commit atrocities get FAR too much recognition for the media. How about charactering person like that as "cowards", "abusers" and "disgusting low life criminal deviates"?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I was in the shipping office watching it on a TV the clerk had set up, missed the first plane. I only remember 2 other times in my life that something struck me like that did; when JFK was assassinated and when the Challenger blew up.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #12

Video of the first plane didn't surface for some time after the event.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
X2, Not to Highjack this but it's just like watching President Kennedy getting shot.....I was in school when that happened and we were sent home shortly after it happened. I remember it as if it was yesterday.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
X2, Not to Highjack this but it's just like watching President Kennedy getting shot.....I was in school when that happened and we were sent home shortly after it happened. I remember it as if it was yesterday.
I remember our Teacher, Mrs. Filburn crying as she came back into the classroom telling us to go home. She didn't tell us why.

I aslo remember where I was when I heard the O.J. verdict but that was just a tragedy of justice