Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #14015
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
How about these bandages.... Knee pads.
Btw, both of her parents are Anesthisiologists.

Attachment 60288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Here us for our #1 RV Mutant. He allowed me to use his photo as source. Just a quick little practice painting.... Needed to wet down my watercolors.
Attachment 60301

Photo on left.... Thanks Dave....
TWO beautiful pictures!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #14016
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
G'mornin', mutant friends! Awfully quiet on here this AM.

We're driveway camping, but hate to unload since it's so close to time for REloading. Martin is basically one-armed since he fell & broke his wrist yesterday, but he had gotten the burst pipes in the S&B repaired before that happened.

He's itching to get things done on the Wrangler before it either sells or he surrenders it to the Jeep dealer as part of our trade-in, but it may be that he has to direct me in replacing a broken headlamp. The back seat needs to be re-installed, a heavier job than I can manage, and the base plate and extra braking system may need to be removed. Ack!!!

There's never a good time for such accidents, is there? At any rate, we figure to make it to GC@CL. All the driving controls are on his left. The down side is we might need some muscular help once parked.

Good thing there are lots of big strapping handsome men in this bunch! I may have to do some sweet-talkin'! Or bribe folks with bacon. Yeah, that's it: bacon bacon bacon!

Cheers!
Sue
Oh my goodness, Sue! My best wishes for a quick recovery to Martin. I guess there is no "good time" to have an accident, but some times are definitely better than others. I hope you are recovering as well.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #14017
RVM1

Good to hear from you, Oldme!

Grands and Great Grand are a priority. I dont foresee Greats for quite a while.

That 5mph 1st gear stuff is a booger for sure.

Thanks for checking in and following!

Dave

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #14018

iRV2 No Limits Club
Something we found very useful.....

I am so mutant that I do not use a smart phone and the last contract cell I stopped as, I did not use 5 hours in 3 months!

I do carry a TracFone for emergencies.

At home we changed land line and internet.

AT&T has a cool home phone system now.
They do NOT use the phone wires.
Connections are by a small modem like box that goes to their cell system.
$20.00 flat fee per month.

This box can go anywhere you go and you plug whatever type of home phone you have into it (even a hotel phone). Then you have your HOME number with you.

We bought a little $25.00 Cobra Inverter from Wally World, for the AT&T box and our cordless base, as they need AC.

This has worked at home, one the interstate while driving and now sitting by the river at the daughter's in Louisiana.

Only downside is we still got telemarketer calls while on the road.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #14019

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sue, toe Martin down so he does not damage himself more before the GC, aye?
Manoman, we watch each other like parents do toddlers! "Watch out for your shoulder", he says. "Be careful of your footing here", I say. We just got to where he doesn't have to hook my bra for me and now I have to zip and buckle his britches. Ah, the things we do for love!

Thanks for all the good wishes and offers of help. I'm throwing a few extra pounds of bacon into the Bella's freezer right now!

Cheers!
Sue
PS: I threatened to take a pic of him on the gurney in his cute blue cap going into surgery, and posting it here, but decided paybacks might be .... not worth it!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #14020
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Manoman, we watch each other like parents do toddlers! "Watch out for your shoulder", he says. "Be careful of your footing here", I say. We just got to where he doesn't have to hook my bra for me and now I have to zip and buckle his britches. Ah, the things we do for love! Thanks for all the good wishes and offers of help. I'm throwing a few extra pounds of bacon into the Bella's freezer right now! Cheers! Sue PS: I threatened to take a pic of him on the gurney in his cute blue cap going into surgery, and posting it here, but decided paybacks might be .... not worth it!
Shoulda took the pic. I woulda paid back in bacon. Lost oportunity!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 04-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #14021

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Ken - long strange trip indeed. The twilight zone of mpg....

So I was thinking - wow made it to Louisiana - let's offer up a Bacon Bomb (like a money bomb only the money has been mutated into bacon) to get em up to The GC. I thought - LA and AR are neighbors - how far can it be? Well how about 400 miles for mutants sake. That's a lotta bacon.

We'll at least you will be with us in spirit and as always, Great to Hear from Ya. Chicago - New York - Detroit it's all the same street...
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #14022

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yuh gotta mention Albuquerque, everyone knows all road trips require making a left at Albuquerque.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #14023
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Yuh gotta mention Albuquerque, everyone knows all road trips require making a left at Albuquerque.
Like this? It is pronounced "Albacoikie"

Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #14024

Vintage RV Owners Club
Didn't sleep too good last ight, slept in this AM, that's where I was and why not checked in sooner... 3:30 and I'm just having coffee now... hope i sleep better tonight. My bradford pears are all turning white with blooms.. need to find myt hummingbird feeders, too early to set the indoors plants out yet Still supposed to get night time temps under 40 Sunday and Monday then it looks like it will be time to put the ficus tree and poinsettas out. Looks like I'm going to have to do another seeding of tomatoes and peppers as they didn't germinate well. If it stays dry, I might get the onions in and seed some lettuce and stuff out in the garden....My energy has been a bit low and so I always have to debate if it is going to get better and I'll regret not planting more, or if it stays lower if I'll be relieved if I don't plant more stuff to care for, can and dry, etc.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #14025

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nobody knows,,, the trouble mutants have seen...

I rolled over about 1:30 am - awake as could be. Grabbed the iPhone from the night stand - and who was posting but you Marty. I said to myself - I better put this thing down or I'll be up all night. Turned on Perry Mason - asleep in no time. Della was telling Perry something last I remember - and that's all I can say about that!

Give Perry a try Marty. He usually puts me to sleep. If not - I see an episode I didn't remember.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #14026

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Afternoon Muteys!

Hey Steve great minds think alike! (Not to be confused with the idea I really don't have much of a mind these days) I woke up at 1:30 as well and saw Marty talkin to himself again. Lol unlike you I rolled over and went back to sleep. Barb was already up plain on her IPad so she didn't need any company.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #14027

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Poppa sorry Marty I misspoke. Should have said "herself". Told ya my mind isn't all there! Lol
Old 04-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #14028

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Lol stupid spell check.