Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #14309

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I have a small inexpensive video camera that I don't know how to use and am not sure where the instructions might be. My past attempts of trying to commit anything to fil... Uh, digital media card have been thwarted by RVM Head Mascot, Sena.

Should anyone care to give it a go, I'll gladly hand it over. My iPad will also do video, and I will lend it to anyone sober enough to take great care with my only means of mutation communication. And I will probably have to have someone transfer said video to another storage device. I do have a connection kit for the old iPad that doesn't possess a camera. Wrong plug issue. I can get an adapter if someone will let me know tonight so it has time to be shipped. I don't shop in electronic stores as they don't have customer reviews next to each product and I have learned the hard way not to trust the children who work in them.

I have connections to both ipads... I use Ipad 2... Larry has the newer... We have the hdmi connectors for both.... I have all of the other connectors but only for mine.

I also use two different photo/video apps to transfer between iphone, ipad and laptop. I would fill the cloud up too fast... Tried it and immedistely it was soo full it rained..... So prefer this way.... Can pick and choose, my rainbow....

Could also publish videos to you tube......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #14310

Saguaro Nat'l Park revisit

Went back to Saguaro Nat'l Park; hey it's free for old-tards!

Many more blooms out, but the peak will not come for a while after we leave, darn it. Maybe next year we can stay a little longer!

So here are a few more new blooms, a nice view of the seed fronds of the Velvet Mesquite, even with bugs robbing some pollen. The prickly pear cactus blooms are very interesting. The start out pink, turn a lovely peach color, and then the final glorious yellow.

And a couple of fellows we met on the trail.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6795.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	60737

Name:	IMG_6801.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	60738

Name:	IMG_6799.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	60739

Name:	IMG_6804.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	60740

Name:	IMG_6831.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	60741

Name:	IMG_6817.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	60742Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6819.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	60743
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #14311
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I have a small inexpensive video camera that I don't know how to use and am not sure where the instructions might be. My past attempts of trying to commit anything to fil... Uh, digital media card have been thwarted by RVM Head Mascot, Sena.

Should anyone care to give it a go, I'll gladly hand it over. My iPad will also do video, and I will lend it to anyone sober enough to take great care with my only means of mutation communication. And I will probably have to have someone transfer said video to another storage device. I do have a connection kit for the old iPad that doesn't possess a camera. Wrong plug issue. I can get an adapter if someone will let me know tonight so it has time to be shipped. I don't shop in electronic stores as they don't have customer reviews next to each product and I have learned the hard way not to trust the children who work in them.
Hey Barb, instructions can be gotten on the Internet. All you need is the model number of the camera, so don't give up on it. I'll look at it when we meet and give you advice as to whether it is worth keeping.

Also, don't buy anything for the iPad. I have a bunch of conversion connectors for the iPad1 and the iPad 4, so anything in-between also. We can determine what you need, use one of mine and if it pans out you can then go spend your easily earned money.

Sound okay?

p,s, just read Dianne's post. DITTO. Hee hee!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #14312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey Barb, instructions can be gotten on the Internet. All you need is the model number of the camera, so don't give up on it. I'll look at it when we meet and give you advice as to whether it is worth keeping.

Also, don't buy anything for the iPad. I have a bunch of conversion connectors for the iPad1 and the iPad 4, so anything in-between also. We can determine what you need, use one of mine and if it pans out you can then go spend your easily earned money.

Sound okay?

p,s, just read Dianne's post. DITTO. Hee hee!

I dont use my ipad for photos, too old, too bulky to me, and the camera is not as good as on my phone.....
And just ask Wayne about GPS ..... LOL.....
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #14313
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yeah! Ask me. I programmed the TomTom for the address to Timber Lodge Resort, New Waverly, TX. Earlene programmed the iPad for the same. I had looked at the map yesterday and my recollection was that the resort was East of I-45, but both GPS's sent us West. So here we were on this narrow back road and now where to turn around for miles. My option was to stop in the road and unhook, then be able to turn around. However, Earlene said there may be an intersection a few miles up that possilbly could be used for a turn-around. I any case we could unhook. A few more miles we found an abandoned gas station and we were able to make th swing. Finally we arrived at Timber Lodge Resort. Hey, PA at $12 a night FHU. Quiet and peaceful. Only 4 RV's in the place.

Sometimes, GPS's just are not good. I have several more stories for the sit-around talks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #14314

Vintage RV Owners Club
Love the expression on that lizard's face... 'oh, hey, yeah, take your photo op...just stopping by to catch a few flies...'
Old 04-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Yeah! Ask me. I programmed the TomTom for the address to Timber Lodge Resort, New Waverly, TX. Earlene programmed the iPad for the same. I had looked at the map yesterday and my recollection was that the resort was East of I-45, but both GPS's sent us West. So here we were on this narrow back road and now where to turn around for miles. My option was to stop in the road and unhook, then be able to turn around. However, Earlene said there may be an intersection a few miles up that possilbly could be used for a turn-around. I any case we could unhook. A few more miles we found an abandoned gas station and we were able to make th swing. Finally we arrived at Timber Lodge Resort. Hey, PA at $12 a night FHU. Quiet and peaceful. Only 4 RV's in the place.

Sometimes, GPS's just are not good. I have several more stories for the sit-around talks.

Lol And in Tampa going to the airbase, Larry made a fast turn into a McDonalds, wrong way... Loved the look on their faces.... And I'm sure on mine too, Tgif we didnt have a tow... Got ours before the next trip....
Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #14316

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Love the expression on that lizard's face... 'oh, hey, yeah, take your photo op...just stopping by to catch a few flies...'

They were SERIOUSLY licking up a lot of bugs. I took about 40 shots to get these two. They really moved fast! I suspect they are a couple. About 10 inches long, they are.

Dave and Nola - RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #14317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol And in Tampa going to the airbase, Larry made a fast turn into a McDonalds, wrong way... Loved the look on their faces.... And I'm sure on mine too, Tgif we didnt have a tow... Got ours before the next trip....

About 2008, was sent on a mission to a new customer and was loaned a Tom-Tom. It told me to turn down a walking path in a city park. I used a map!

Dave and Nola - RVM1
Old 04-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #14318

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Y'all make me blush now darnit.

When the kimono opens, all will know what truths are therein.

Please remember that if all goes well I will accept the responsibilty. If not, please remember that Steve started this thread. ;-)

Dave and Nola - RVM1
Plausible Deny-ability
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #14319

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Plausible Deny-ability

It is a handy, nifty "ability".
Always leave an "out". In the RVM sense, Steve!

Dave and Nola - RVM1
Old 04-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #14320

Monaco Owners Club
Hello, STMs:

It has been a while since I posted. We went for our first trip of the season last weekend, and though we had a few issues, it was glorious weather and good to be back behind the wheel of the beast.

We tried to install two recliners, but they didn't fit, so they went back to the store. We have ordered two from Bradd and Hall, and they are being made to match the interior ultra leather. They should be here in four to six weeks.

We got our corn hole boards, and played corn hole with our friends that joined us for dinner Saturday. That was fun!

We developed a gray water line leak right before the valve gate, as well as a leak in the sprayer on the kitchen sink faucet. We called Thor, and they authorized our local mobile mechanic to conduct the repairs, and they overnight shipped a new kitchen faucet. I can't say enough about Thor's customer service. They could have made us take it to an authorized service center, but the closest one is nearly 100 miles away, and it would cost more in gas than it will be to pay the mechanic. So, Serenity is getting fixed and this weekend we're out camping again.

The Easter Bunny is hiding eggs at camp this weekend, and all the kids and grandkids are coming for Easter dinner - sandwiches, salad, and all the Easter candy you can hold.

I will miss all you STMs, although I know you're going to be having a blast.

We are getting married on the 23rd, so while we will miss you, we have some celebrating to do!

G'Night all!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #14321

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sometimes what is written is not what is read! Thought you were going to say. ........to sell the Wrangler! lol

Sue y'all take your time and get here safe!

More woo-hoos: the Wrangler is suddenly sold! Tomorrow the local couple with a new-to-them Airstream DP comes to pick it up. Happy dancin'!

We'll be slow rollin' and endeavor to stay safe...if y'all will too. See ya there!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #14322

Vintage RV Owners Club
No word on Honey yet... went by there to get Bob's work gloves and glasses case and it was in the same spot we left it behind the shop... he'll call in the AM...