Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #14323

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Went back to Saguaro Nat'l Park; hey it's free for old-tards!

So here are a few more new blooms, a nice view of the seed fronds of the Velvet Mesquite, even with bugs robbing some pollen. The prickly pear cactus blooms are very interesting. The start out pink, turn a lovely peach color, and then the final glorious yellow.

And a couple of fellows we met on the trail. ]

Cool that it's free! And such beautiful blooms to feast the eyes on.

Some year we'll get back to the desert again, especially now that you've reminded me what beauty is to be found there. I need more variety in my winters in any case!

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #14324

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sue - you just slow roll and get there safely. I don't have a video camera but suspect someone will. If you do please step forward... We need camera crews!!

I talked to Tim today and we still aren't sure what kind of cables his friend has with his video projector - but I'm sure we can get it to hook up to my laptop or someone else's. The idea being to make a slide show of still pics and run video through the projector on the last night. That way we can all share in the various mutations whether we were there or not. Like when Mary Ann and Annie out fish the two Steve's I can edit their fish onto our rods!! I have already warned the guide about this LOL.

All mutants everywhere - please be safe!
RVM2 - Steve and Annie

Martin is pretty good at filming, and has agreed to help with that and to bring along his output cables. We've never tried running film through a laptop though, so someone else's expertise will be helpful.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #14325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Cool that it's free! And such beautiful blooms to feast the eyes on.

Some year we'll get back to the desert again, especially now that you've reminded me what beauty is to be found there. I need more variety in my winters in any case!

Cheers!
Sue

Sue, it would be very special to be able to share that desert visit with you. Or Maine. Or .....

Dave and Nola - RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #14326

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
No word on Honey yet... went by there to get Bob's work gloves and glasses case and it was in the same spot we left it behind the shop... he'll call in the AM...

Well now dog gone it. There is a GC afoot. Hope it all works out okay. Ohhmmss for Honey!

Dave and Nola - RVM1
Old 04-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #14327

virginiamtns, we will have a toast to you on the 23rd!

Our congratulations to you two!

Pics?

Dave and Nola - RVM1
Old 04-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #14328

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hello, STMs:

It has been a while since I posted. We went for our first trip of the season last weekend, and though we had a few issues, it was glorious weather and good to be back behind the wheel of the beast.

We tried to install two recliners, but they didn't fit, so they went back to the store. We have ordered two from Bradd and Hall, and they are being made to match the interior ultra leather. They should be here in four to six weeks.

We got our corn hole boards, and played corn hole with our friends that joined us for dinner Saturday. That was fun!

We developed a gray water line leak right before the valve gate, as well as a leak in the sprayer on the kitchen sink faucet. We called Thor, and they authorized our local mobile mechanic to conduct the repairs, and they overnight shipped a new kitchen faucet. I can't say enough about Thor's customer service. They could have made us take it to an authorized service center, but the closest one is nearly 100 miles away, and it would cost more in gas than it will be to pay the mechanic. So, Serenity is getting fixed and this weekend we're out camping again.

The Easter Bunny is hiding eggs at camp this weekend, and all the kids and grandkids are coming for Easter dinner - sandwiches, salad, and all the Easter candy you can hold.

I will miss all you STMs, although I know you're going to be having a blast.

We are getting married on the 23rd, so while we will miss you, we have some celebrating to do!

G'Night all!

Congratulations on the upcoming ceremony! We will think of you on the 23rd with joyful thoughts!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #14329

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Don would that be a two-holer?
Ya know...that is EXACTLY what I was waiting for someone to say. LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #14330

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

Congratulations on the upcoming ceremony! We will think of you on the 23rd with joyful thoughts!

Cheers!
Sue
X2 for the nuptials!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #14331

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So there was a moment there when we realized no pictures were taken at the Mini-C tonight. You can believe it or not - but Don, Sandee, Annie and I had a awesome time talking up a storm. Oh - and dinner was great too.

It was a grand event that could have gone on all night! I think we're going to need to stop the clock at the GC in order to get all the conversating and mutating done.

Tick Tock!
RVM2
Old 04-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #14332

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
No word on Honey yet... went by there to get Bob's work gloves and glasses case and it was in the same spot we left it behind the shop... he'll call in the AM...
Ommmm --- Ommmm - Now that's just not right. Honey should be first in line! Ommmm.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #14333

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Went back to Saguaro Nat'l Park; hey it's free for old-tards!

Many more blooms out, but the peak will not come for a while after we leave, darn it. Maybe next year we can stay a little longer!

So here are a few more new blooms, a nice view of the seed fronds of the Velvet Mesquite, even with bugs robbing some pollen. The prickly pear cactus blooms are very interesting. The start out pink, turn a lovely peach color, and then the final glorious yellow.

And a couple of fellows we met on the trail.
Attachment 60737

Attachment 60738

Attachment 60739

Attachment 60740

Attachment 60741
Attachment 60742Attachment 60743

WOW beautiful pics!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #14334

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi

WOW beautiful pics!
X2 and Especially the selfies!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 AM   #14335

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good Morning oh ye of many mutations. May the colors of your rainbow be bright, your journey be right, your troubles slight and worries be light.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #14336

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So there was a moment there when we realized no pictures were taken at the Mini-C tonight. You can believe it or not - but Don, Sandee, Annie and I had a awesome time talking up a storm. Oh - and dinner was great too.

It was a grand event that could have gone on all night! I think we're going to need to stop the clock at the GC in order to get all the conversating and mutating done.

Tick Tock!
RVM2
Grand indeed! Of course, Annie and Sandee probably wondered if we would ever take a breath! LOL It was a great time and though it took a long time to happen, well worth the wait.

Looking forward to the GC to meet all other STMs.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote