Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #14925

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Evening Mutey's

Well tonight Steve, Annie, Barb, Tom, Jan, Tim, Mary, Chuck, Kathy, Marcia and I went to KJ's Grill for dinner and a final meal together post Curiosity we had so much fun, not only that we didn't have to fix anything and didn't have to clean if up either. Parting is such sweet sorrow but we know this isn't going to be our last curiosity ......

Cheers !!
What a...

Sick
Twisted
Mob!

Sandee & I really felt weird kinda escaping early this morning but at least we weren't the first out the door.

I just want to say that Sandee & I had a blast! It went so fast too.

Continue traveling safely and there will never be another FEGC @ CL again. History is made now it is time to look to the future.

And THAT is all I have to say about THAT!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #14926

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok Y'all! The next GC will only happen if we pick a time and a place. I've suggested Ruby's Inn Campground just outside the gate of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. They are at an elevation of 7,777 ft and quite proud of it. It will be too cold there in April, so it would have to be later in the year, but we want to avoid their peak season, also.

I know many of you have favorite places. There have to be other parks that are comparable to CL. Where would you like the next GC to be? I'll help with any planning and preliminary duties that can be done via phone or Internet. Just don't ask me to cook. You wouldn't like it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #14927

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys!

Glad to hear that everyone on the road landed safely somewhere. We too are settled in for the nite on top of the second highest peak in AR. At Queen Wilhomena State Park where it is down rite cold! Fortunately there is a nice fireplace in the lodge to sit by and warm up with a cup of hot cocoa.

As to the discussion of possible sites for next years GC, I would agree with Dianne's suggestion of Branson MO. Being further North and centrally located in the country. However, we had
such a great time with you STM's we will travel anywhere you all want to meet. Hopefully it will be later in the year so Barb's allergies don't keep her down like this time.

Barb you travel safe going home as well as all others traveling afar. Thanks again for a great week of fun, food, and great conversation! Dwayne I'm still waiting on your cell number to the Dwayne RV Hotline. I promise not to call it more than once a week. LOL
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #14928

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
TIM - I never did figure out what the small pillow was! and no one ever told me

I give, what is it.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #14929

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post

I give, what is it.

The 2 in your goodie bag? I'm not Tim, but I may be able to help.

Cheers!

Sue
Old 04-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #14930

Vintage RV Owners Club
We landed safely in the stick n brick driveway around 8:45 this evening. Everything went well on the way home. Woot!

I have no idea Barb, on places to meet for next year as this RVing thing is relatively new to us compared to all the others who have been around the block a few times!

Sure had a wonderful time, and am very glad I got the opportunity to meet the Grand Poobah RVM#1 and the Great Potentate RVM#2 in person and for real.... All the planning and work, and the slide shows and certificates... well, I am grateful and Humble of heart to be a part of this wonderful RVM kingdom upon the rainbow!
Imagination and organization...what a team you 2 are!
( And Huntnski, thanks for all the extra care and running around you did to be sure the place was what we needed and the firewood, and shoot, I am sure I don't know the half of it all....) Whew... I think I am exhausted thinking about it all!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:15 AM   #14931

R U an RV Mutant too?

In step with Sky_Boss, I must have something to say that is all I have to say about it.

Mini-Cs will spring up all over the map, and some can be larger than others.

The GC @ CL was central to the Southeast. Utah would be central to the Southwest, VA, KY, TN to the Northeast, etc. When a place gets picked close to a few, others come from far as part of a Journey. And all will not attend every, but a quorum to call it Grand.

Every area, every State has gorgeous places with much to see and do. I think it is just a matter of finding a spot that has a good CG, that has the right weather at the right time of year, and then the idea simply blooms.

Being on a permanent Journey except a period during May to July, we fit almost every venue!

Do we need a Grand Curiosity Dart Board?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:27 AM   #14932

Fleetwood Owners Club
Got the cell phone hot spot going so thought I'd check on ya'll.

Just so these suggestions don't get lost in the post lets list them,
1. Utah-Bryce canyon. Barb do you know about their facilities?

2. Branson, MO. Anyone know of places there that has pavilions in park?

We are like Herb, we most likly will traval to any site chosen to recreate the week we just finished.

When adding to list please include things you know about the area such as if we have use to meeting facilities etc. Steve will be no dought busy when he gets home so the more background we can provide ahead of time the better. Ok I'm through being bossy, sorry, but we've only got 12 months, give or take, till the First Ever Second Grand Curosity @_____________.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #14933
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nice!

Gonna bring a snake in a bucket as yer mascot? ;-)
Maybe.....
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #14934

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post

I give, what is it.
Those small pillows as you called them, were provided by Suspinz. Note on one side there are 4 folds, you are able to slide these folds over the bottom on some cups and glasses ie. wine glasses thus providing a drink coaster and since they are all different a way of knowing you glass from the others!

Good to hear from ya'll, all I can add is, you missed some really incredible days!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #14935

Having now come down slightly from the FEGC@CL high and having heard all that our Grand Poobah says he has to say about that, here is a little tidbit for your Thursday morning entertainment. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398947439.247031.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	714.3 KB
ID:	61875
Our new mascot has been chillin' on the dashboard for 24 hours or so and seems to like it there. He came with a name: Chocolate. That makes him, of course, (all together now) a Chocolate Mousse. <groan> Chillin' is appropriate for him.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398947458.099585.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	835.5 KB
ID:	61876
I'm so glad Dave provided Mousse a forever home. Thanks, Poobah!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #14936
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
2 More Sleeps

Only 2 more sleeps till a dog gets his beaver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	61878  
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #14937

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Those small pillows as you called them, were provided by Suspinz. Note on one side there are 4 folds, you are able to slide these folds over the bottom on some cups and glasses ie. wine glasses thus providing a drink coaster and since they are all different a way of knowing you glass from the others!

Good to hear from ya'll, all I can add is, you missed some really incredible days!

I'll add my tuppence-worth to Tim's: I've been calling these things Stemware Footies and had a great time making them. They can also be used for coffee mugs and canned beverages, in which case you might call them Mug Rugs. Or plain ol' coasters, either side up.

I'm glad you asked. Enjoy!
Sue
Old 05-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #14938

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Only 2 more sleeps till a dog gets his beaver.

She's a beauty, Dog! Do you think you'll actually be able to sleep?

Cheers!
Sue