Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #15093

Since many of you posted pics of yourselves recently, I think it is only fair that I post a picture of a healthy Dunner.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LeaveMe1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	62047  
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #15094

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hopefully the "Banner" was saved. It could fly loud and proud at each GC as they are held and a little notation of date and location placed upon it annually.
We should have signed the back of the banner!! Ok, maybe whoever has it can put a list of the RVM#s of those who attended, the dates and the place. This is an important piece of mutant history. Imagine the price it might someday fetch at auction!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #15095

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Concerning the little plastic monkeys --

The best price I've found is here.

Monkeys in a Barrel Toy | Fun Handheld Toys & Games

I've not been very successful at being able to mark my RVM# on them in such a way as it didn't smudge. Maybe we could add little string tags to them to write the info on. OR... Sue could make tiny little scarves for them with our number knitted in?

I like the idea using them as geo cache items. Long live Mutanisms and all Mutants.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #15096

Vintage RV Owners Club
When I used the sharpie... I let it sit for around 5 minutes or longer before I tested them, might have not tested them until I was asked what I used and if it smudged...so perhaps it is in the letting it sit and dry or sink in a bit? Perhaps the materials between the different monkey makers makes a difference... I don't know if Hasbro is the only one...
Old 05-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #15097

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well...Sandee & I are taking a very easy evening after over 2 weeks of non-stop fun and stuff to do. Lots of meet-n-greets starting with Steve & Annie in McKinney, TX through Cooper Lake SP with the TX continent, then the FEGC@CL with all you STMs and then 3 busy days in Memphis with Jim & Ginny. It doesn't get better than that.

After we slow rolled out of Memphis for a nice 3 hour drive to the Hinton RV park in Sikeston, MO we took a free shuttle to a fun meal at the Lambert's Cafe. The first place known for throwing hot dinner rolls around and the staff "passes around" all kinds of side dishes. After we stuffed ourselves and got back to our home we laid down for a 4 hour nap.

Tomorrow we take a short 1 hour drive up to Rend Lake COE park near Benton, IL for 4 days of relaxation before we head back "home" to Champaign, IL. We will be there for about a month of medical appointments, family stuff & some tweaks to our coach including a new headlight system so we can see in the dark if and when the time comes we need to.

WHEW...hard to believe we just left the FEGC@CL just a few days ago. Missing you all but also looking ahead to more rainbow surfing.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #15098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...Sandee & I are taking a very easy evening after over 2 weeks of non-stop fun and stuff to do. Lots of meet-n-greets starting with Steve & Annie in McKinney, TX through Cooper Lake SP with the TX continent, then the FEGC@CL with all you STMs and then 3 busy days in Memphis with Jim & Ginny. It doesn't get better than that.

After we slow rolled out of Memphis for a nice 3 hour drive to the Hinton RV park in Sikeston, MO we took a free shuttle to a fun meal at the Lambert's Cafe. The first place known for throwing hot dinner rolls around and the staff "passes around" all kinds of side dishes. After we stuffed ourselves and got back to our home we laid down for a 4 hour nap.

Tomorrow we take a short 1 hour drive up to Rend Lake COE park near Benton, IL for 4 days of relaxation before we head back "home" to Champaign, IL. We will be there for about a month of medical appointments, family stuff & some tweaks to our coach including a new headlight system so we can see in the dark if and when the time comes we need to.

WHEW...hard to believe we just left the FEGC@CL just a few days ago. Missing you all but also looking ahead to more rainbow surfing.

Don, be sure and go to the art center at Rend Lake.... Awesome art and crafts from IL only artists.

Diane is holding my iPad using iRV2 mobile app........ So excuse the finger slides, please...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #15099

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
So, I give this tread one last peek before we hit the dusty trail, and cant help but push some pics.

For those without Facebook, here are the pics.

OH, THE MUTANTITY!!!!

Later, Muteys
Dave
Attachment 61778

Attachment 61779

Attachment 61780
Amazing! You mutants rock!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #15100

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Great. I will be getting some monkies..... Saw them some other day, Will add to my shopping list...

Marty, My son just got some grains.... He was so excited.... I started his as soon as i got home.... So had his and mine... He had been reading up on it for months he said.... We are already thinking of ways to use. Thank you again...

Today for lunch we had kefir smoothies with frozen banana and dried blueberries (ala Marty) and bacon jam and peanut butter on tortilla pinwheels (ala Jeff and Marcia). The 2 and 4 year old loved it as much as i did.....

Diane is holding my iPad using iRV2 mobile app........ So excuse the finger slides, please...
I want to make knifer so let me know how it goes Diane.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #15101

Great job Steve. The pictorial history of our gathering will bring warm memories and smiles to our faces every time we take a look at them.

Finally home from a day of grandkids baseball games 11 am to 8:30 pm. We celebrated 3 wins out of 3 games. woot woot

Haven't heard anything yet from the shop concerning our rear cap problem. I hope (against hope) that somehow its repair is covered by our extended warranty. Could be $100 insurance deductible or 2 or 3 grand in parts and labor. Think positive thoughts please.

Healing ohms to Dunner for a quick recovery...

To those traveling on the roads this week - - - a your guardian angels keep track of your every move and protect you from harm.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #15102
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Since many of you posted pics of yourselves recently, I think it is only fair that I post a picture of a healthy Dunner.
I need a hat like that.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #15103

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Some photos
Attachment 61826
Attachment 61827
Attachment 61828
Attachment 61829
Attachment 61830
Attachment 61831
Attachment 61832

Looks so fun! You all did a fine job at having fun
Old 05-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #15104

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Get better soon~I want to meet you in person on the next adventure over the rainbow
Old 05-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #15105

GF's mother (she loved me) bought it for a birthday present. You're such good people. Wish I lived a better life. I'm paying for it now.

IV came off. Just have the feeding tube now.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #15106

Vintage RV Owners Club
Awww, Dunner.... no regrets! You now know better, so do better!
This isn't the 3rd verse of "Save my life I'm going down for the last time....."
You are strong and witty and will recover to go on and do many clever and ingenious things... and have many chances yet to give back to the Universe/God what's been granted to you. Rest up!