Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #1527
RVM1

[QUOTE="JudyH;1620039"]I hope Rope lights mutate away from camp. As last year there were Rope lights that were so dam bright at the campsite next door, that I wanted to cut the cord. I restrained myself, didn't do damage, but was really glad they were on back side of our camper and not the do

I feel your pain. Had rope lights next door that could have lit up the Mall of America....from Ohio!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #1528
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I hope Rope lights mutate away from camp. As last year there were Rope lights that were so dam bright at the campsite next door, that I wanted to cut the cord. I restrained myself, didn't do damage, but was really glad they were on back side of our camper and not the do
I guess you don't want my 100 feet of spare rope light then.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #1529
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Maybe you can find a Wal-docker wanting to be a desert boondocker?

Watching "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" on the telly. It is a parody of an old book. Know which one?

Winner gets yer rope lights?

Been raining like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock most of the time since we got back to PA. Guess it beats N TX by a shade though.

On the bright side, the roadside Amish/Menonite stands are well stocked with local produce.

On the otherhand, humidity has been about 95% at the least, with about 90F. Makes me harken back to SE Georgia when the wash would mold on the clothes line, and it was nearly 50 cents to dry in the laundry in 1973.

On another hand, "Pass the bisquits Pappy O'Daniel" is about to get a constituancy. Gotta go....

RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #1530
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Maybe you can find a Wal-docker wanting to be a desert boondocker?

Watching "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" on the telly. It is a parody of an old book. Know which one?

Winner gets yer rope lights?

RVM1
"Oh Brother Where Art Thou" is based on Homer's Odyssey. Oh cr*p I just won my own rope lights. If no one has claimed them by Labor Day when we leave here, they go in the campground dumpster.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #1531

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
....Watching "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" on the telly. It is a parody of an old book. Know which one? .....

Been raining like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock most of the time since we got back to PA. Guess it beats N TX by a shade though.

RVM1
RVM1 - perhaps that's why I was just thinking - I thought you was a toad.

Yep. Forecast 102 tomorrow. August should be 125 at this rate. Am having a hard time keeping Annies little tomato plants watered. They are container grown so I repositioned them tonight to get only morning sun. But they will still be in the oven so to speak.

RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #1532

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson
Hey Bruce - hope you are enjoying the weather there. I saw your travel plans - why not come through Texas in July or August? Lovely 102 degrees!

Saw you were coveting Sarahs' new sofa in that other thread. No shame in that. Mutants need a comfortable place to sit too. From reading her thread and some previous posts - the factory model was very uncomfortable. No self respecting mutant would sit or stand for that.

We mutants don't usually troll for members in other threads - but I had to comment for fun. I think by now the majority of "regular and often" iRV2 members have dropped in and passed us over. And, that's ok. I was on the laptop a few times here recently and on several occasions noticed a few members and nonmembers were in the thread each time. No telling how many nonmember mutants are ginning up the courage to join iRV2 so they can join us.

All mutants...
I was actually looking at User CP on the laptop cause I had noticed only a handful of mutants are "Supporters" and wondering what I saw there that caused me sign up when I first joined. I think now that it was the pic storage level and other than that - I had lurked so long and gotten so much info, I just did it. Not suggesting anyone do it - your mutant bucks - spend as you please. But not sure everyone knows about it. Seems even the powers that be don't advertise it, which is nice not to get hounded for $15 bucks a year. I think some don't like having the required recurring annual paypal charge. No need for mutants to hash this out. Just an observation - and not pointed at anyone. Just mutant ramblin' and musein'.
RVM2
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #1533
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Saw you were coveting Sarahs' new sofa in that other thread. No shame in that. Mutants need a comfortable place to sit too. From reading her thread and some previous posts - the factory model was very uncomfortable. No self respecting mutant would sit or stand for that.
RVM2
Yes, that sofa looked really nice. The one that came with our Thor Challenger is quite comfortable but it only has one recliner. The other two thirds open up into a bed. We bought a standalone ottoman that provides a footrest at the non reclining end. At TV time there's a race to see who gets the recliner.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #1534
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
All mutants...
I was actually looking at User CP on the laptop cause I had noticed only a handful of mutants are "Supporters" and wondering what I saw there that caused me sign up when I first joined. I think now that it was the pic storage level and other than that - I had lurked so long and gotten so much info, I just did it. Not suggesting anyone do it - your mutant bucks - spend as you please. But not sure everyone knows about it. Seems even the powers that be don't advertise it, which is nice not to get hounded for $15 bucks a year. I think some don't like having the required recurring annual paypal charge. No need for mutants to hash this out. Just an observation - and not pointed at anyone. Just mutant ramblin' and musein'.
RVM2
Ah, the all pervading power of peer pressure! I've been meaning to sign up for a while. You shamed me into doing it.

Seriously though, the information provided by iRV2 is worth way more than 15 bucks a year.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #1535

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ah, the all pervading power of peer pressure! I've been meaning to sign up for a while. You shamed me into doing it.

Seriously though, the information provided by iRV2 is worth way more than 15 bucks a year.
Many apologies and blessings on your camels Bruce. I really wasn't trying to move anyone to lighten their wallet. But your right about the value here - and in our case - what a great group of mutants! As for becoming a supporter - I still haven't decided what to do with this very nice sticker...
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3917400773.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	41405
RVM2
Old 06-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #1536
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Many apologies and blessings on your camels Bruce. I really wasn't trying to move anyone to lighten their wallet. But your right about the value here - and in our case - what a great group of mutants! As for becoming a supporter - I still haven't decided what to do with this very nice sticker...

RVM2
So do they mail you the sticker or what?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #1537

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

So do they mail you the sticker or what?
Indeed they did. I have seen some folks put them on FMCA like "eggs" etc. When we go full time I think it would be nice to display it. Just not sure how.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #1538
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
As for becoming a supporter - I still haven't decided what to do with this very nice sticker...
Attachment 41405
RVM2
Man RVM2, you are leaving yourself open to a LOT of suggestions!

RVM12
Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #1539

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

Man RVM2, you are leaving yourself open to a LOT of suggestions!

RVM12
It is currently in the package with my FMCA egg - so it's already where the sun don't shine.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #1540

Pray tell ... how are you going to paste that sticker on "the egg" and not cover up the numbers? Or do you plan to turn the egg around and display the sticker that way? If you want I can send you two eggs that are no longer used.

By the way, isn't there a mutant logo in the design phase? T-shirts too?