Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #15485

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I think Diane wanted us to post our watercolor paintings, I finally got mine scanned...

Good job, Marty! I still like your guitar man.

Who will be next to show his/hers??? Some koi fish, perhaps? C'mon, y'all!

Cheers!
Sue

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #15486

There is no generic for Lunesta, so I imagine the co-pay is pretty high. I was paying $17 for 60 Ambien and written for 2/night. PC's plan is to dry me out with other meds and get back on it... as he knows how well it worked for me.

He has been trying anti-depressants that have an off-label use for insomnia. With some of them, the less you take the more sedating they are. Just haven't found the right one yet. We've tried Transdone, Mirtazapine, Serquel and a couple of others. Yeah, I'm all messed up. Have had insomnia since grade school. I hate not being able to sleep and dream. A couple of them have he added side effect of weight gain, which I need. Mostly from an increase in appetite. I lost 30 from the radiation/chemo.

Don't take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Enjoy life, you only live it once, etc, etc for all the other sayings about life.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #15487
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
zeeLarry,
What can I say, the Devil made me do it?

Jeannie,
Which 2002 vue is it and what transmission does it have, VTi or Transaxle? VTi's cannot be towed with the front wheels on the ground. Check the owner's manual and read the section on Recreational Towing.

Here's what I can find on the 2002 Saturn:

........................Transmission-----Drive Configuration------Speed/Distance Approx.------Curb Weight (lb.)
........................Auto Manual...... Limits (mph/mi.)
L Series Sedan.... ✔....... ✔.......... Front-wheel drive .........65/None.......................... 2,948
LW Series Wagon. ✔...... ✔........... Front-wheel drive......... 65/None...........................3,070
SC Series Coupe.. ✔...... ✔........... Front-wheel drive......... 65/None.......................... 2,367
SL Series Sedan.. ✔....... ✔.......... Front-wheel drive......... 65/None.......................... 2,341
VUE............................ ✔.......... Front-wheel drive.......... 65/None..........................3,179

*On all Saturns, certain fuses must be removed before towing. See owners manual for details.

Notice that the VUE with Auto Transmission cannot be towed.

Glad you made it home safely and unfortunate that the alligator jumped up and bit ya'll. Just add it to the next GC food mix, the Arkies won't know the difference.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #15488
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, it has been busy 'round here, especially for Earlene. She was trying to catch up with all the Dr. appointments so we could get on the road. Dental is going to be the big cost one for us, but it will be worth it for her. That is next Thursday.

Monday she goes under the knife for a repair to the Plantar Fasciitis. So Larry, now is your time to get even. It will be one week before she is able to walk on that foot so I'll be her slave. I am looking for a good pair of rubber crutches. That would be a hoot, NOT.

Night night!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #15489
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Look at this hauler..
Who da thunk that a little bitty 3 cylinder could make it up that steep of an incline? I love my Smarty!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:24 AM   #15490
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
I am reading "The Crowded Camper" blog from the beginning (October, 2013) at the suggestion of the good people on RVM2RVM (Barb and Sue I think). The Crowded Camper - A mom's life in a Crowded Camper It is funny and heartwarming. I'm laughin' til I cry, and cryin' til I can laugh again. This gal REALLY should write a book and it could be required reading for STMs if it were possible to require anything of an STM.
Jne,

Becky is writing a book. Keep reading her blog and you'll hear more about it.

I spent most of the day with her and her family and had a delightful time. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go watch the kids at Ju Jitsu lessons and then we'll come pick Sena and Lily up and go to the Petroglyphs National monument just west of Albuquerque. The weather was wonderful until about noon when the winds returned.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:52 AM   #15491

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I think Diane wanted us to post our watercolor paintings, I finally got mine scanned...
Nice!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #15492

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

Don't take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive
Love this!
Old 05-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #15493

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I tend to call everything like it is. That way you only have one story to defend. Not always the best course of action, but that is the way I have always been. Don't like it, :"Leave Me Alone".

I spoke to my physician, (the medical director of this place), about delayed pain medications and oh, what a turn around. This one nurse brings them without me asking. Usually it was 1/2 hour delay.

They removed me from the feeding machine a couple hours ago, so I'm not tied to this machine any more. The nurses will come in and tube me 12 oz of 80 proof every 3 or 4 hours. It is such a feeling of freedom not being tied to it 7/24. I can walk the isles and go to the bathroom without it. Yeah.

Tomorrow, they are supposd to put together a package of my remaining meds and write me scripts for 30 days worth. Not sure how that is going to work. They still haven't gotten a Dr to sign the script for lorazapam. How are they going to get one to sign anything else?. Anyhow, I am then supposed to get my scripts from my PC. Hope I can get him to go strong enough on the pain and sleep meds. He's playing around with different drugs to find what works of me. I wish he would give me enough to self medicate to the point of finding what does work and stick to it. I have a very hight tolerance and some of them only work for one or two nights. I loved Ambien CR as it let me fall asleep fast, sleep for 10 hours and wake up refreshed. Too bad that after 2 years my tolerance went up to where it wasn't working. Anybody use a reliable sleep med? OTC will not work for me. I keep telling my Dr that I don't care if I get hooked on a benzo. What's it going to do? Kill me or let me get a good night sleep? I have never been hooked on a med, just what if does for me. I.E. lets me sleep or take away the pain.
I know you said OTC doesn't work, but when I'm keyed up, 2 capsules of tryptophan (1000mg) and 5 mg of Melatonin works. Sometimes I add 2 capsules of Magnesium (500mg) too. Lol....I don't do well on conventional meds!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:46 AM   #15494

Tried L-tryptophan and melatonin. Nothing, I mean nothing. Not even drowsy. Nurse told that melatonin will turn off your natural serotonin generators and was not good for you. Sounds logical. They make these benzo drugs for a reason. Use them when your patient needs them. Stop trying alternatives while your patient tosses and turns. That is no quality of life. So what if I get hooked. I didn't plan to live forever.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #15495
RVM1

By popular demand:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399720612.261118.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	689.2 KB
ID:	62482

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399720625.910256.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	833.2 KB
ID:	62483

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #15496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I am doing amazingly well. Of course got royal treatment. That was great. Both sons were in recovery as well as Larry. Felt so special. Laproscopy worked well but had to do one incision larger because of stone size. No nausea at all. Just took pain pill cause cant sleep. So groggy soon. But all is good and well. Thanks all.
We are so happy to hear your doing well
Old 05-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #15497

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
By popular demand:
Joseph and his amazing technicolor tennis shoes!

Excellent Dave and Nola! Just Excellent!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #15498

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Jne,

Becky is writing a book. Keep reading her blog and you'll hear more about it.

I spent most of the day with her and her family and had a delightful time. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go watch the kids at Ju Jitsu lessons and then we'll come pick Sena and Lily up and go to the Petroglyphs National monument just west of Albuquerque. The weather was wonderful until about noon when the winds returned.
Wow! You and Sena and Lily have fun and excitement every day. I'm thinkin' I'd love just following you around the rainbow. Course some folks call that stalking ...

jnebowman is online now   Reply With Quote