Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #15499

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wow! Gloriously Wow!! Alla Di's brushes can sing out the colors of the happiness in the heart of the brushholder. It's like looking inside you. Quoting Barb: who'da thunk it? BEATIFULLLLLLLLL!!!

jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #15500

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
zeeLarry,
What can I say, the Devil made me do it?

Jeannie,
Which 2002 vue is it and what transmission does it have, VTi or Transaxle? VTi's cannot be towed with the front wheels on the ground. Check the owner's manual and read the section on Recreational Towing.

Glad you made it home safely and unfortunate that the alligator jumped up and bit ya'll. Just add it to the next GC food mix, the Arkies won't know the difference.
Wayne,
It is an SL2, 5 speed 4dr sedan. It's so green that it's windows are operated by a twisty thingy.

What's a VTi?

I will ask 'mi nina ' to read the Recreational Towing section. She can add that to her 'Whoa! You're MY Mother???' call tomorrow.

I thought about it, but that Alligator was way too tough and rubbery for the Son of the FEGC@CL.

Let's get together after "She" gets her mouth fixed. It'll keep "She" off the roof and we can have us some fun!

Rex sends his love to his darling Miya.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #15501

Quote:

Wondrous, maaahvelous, mutantatious! Both are lively and fresh, and make me smile. More, more, paint more!

Should we ask the temps at RVM Central if they would collect all these student pieces into a folder? Is that difficult or just time-consuming? We don't want those hard-w*rking temps to burn out!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #15502
RVM1

Jeanne, we toaded an SL2 5spd for 11 years. Easy-peasy!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #15503

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. How good it feels to be surrounded by experienced experts that say things like "Easy-peasy!"! You can probably even tell me about that "fuse" that must be removed??
Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #15504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Still in Nashville waiting out the storm (rain). Lots of things to do here if you can dodge the crazy drivers, I thought Dallas was bad. Dunner glad you are doing better and you have the caregivers under control. Jne sorry about the road gator. We dodged a few coming to Tennessee. Marty beautiful picture!!! Diane, glad your doing well, we need more pictures. Tim, fixed yet? and I hope your not under water. Radar looked like you got plenty of rain. Everybody, smooth roads, no wind and safe travels. Look at this hauler..
Mornin Muteys!

Dianne glad to hear your recovery is goin well.

Mike your starting to sound more chipper! Keep up the faith, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and and you will get stronger but these things take more time than we want to give them.

Wayne Barb says to tell you that you better take good care of Earlene while she is down from the surgery or she will come down there and won't leave till Earlene can defend herself.

Jim, I was shocked to see that pic you posted cause I've seen that guy on the road before. That smarty car looks so strange perched on the back of his rig.

Well we are thru planning our long summer trek thru the Western third of the country. Looks like 5700 miles over the next four months. Since we are still babes at this full time thing we are very excited to start our journey and make some memories. Jenny gets a wash and wax next week, then on to the shop for oil and filters, then complete generator service. Hopefully it's a un-eventful trip as far as mechanical issues but I guess we will take it in stride if anything happens. Wayne do I need to do anything to the tranny before we leave? I don't know much about these Allison's. The plan is to leave sometime in the middle of June so there is still lots to do to get ready.

Barb we are still planning to try and make it up to your neck of the woods when you and Possum meet up for your mini unless we get side tracked before then but either way we will be in your back yard in August.

You guys know how I am bout taking pics so there will be lots to post. I am such a schedule freak I'm still trying to learn how to s l o w n d o w n and just enjoy the ride. Hopefully this trip will teach me that.

Jeff where are you and Marcia at rite now? Are you still headed to Shanandoah? I'm anxious to hear bout that if you are.

Steve you need to listen to Annie, buy that toad and hit the road!

Steve and Maryanne hope all is healing with the SIL and we are still praying and sending healing OOOHMS your way.

Martin how are you and Sue liking your new Cherokee? We are sure in love with ours. I can't wait till we get to Sedona and take on exploring some of the trails like Dave has done.

Well I don't speak often so when I do I tend to speak to much so forgive me for rambling. Hope all our mutant brothers and sisters have a great summer on the rainbow. I will just slip back in the shadows now, cause that's all I,m going to say about that.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #15505

Lol I just realized I'm signed in under Barbs name!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #15506

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAinTX View Post
Mornin Muteys!

Well I don't speak often so when I do I tend to speak to much so forgive me for rambling. Hope all our mutant brothers and sisters have a great summer on the rainbow. I will just slip back in the shadows now, cause that's all I,m going to say about that.
I'd say somebody is just a bit excited to get going!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #15507
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. How good it feels to be surrounded by experienced experts that say things like "Easy-peasy!"! You can probably even tell me about that "fuse" that must be removed??

Ours was a 97 and we use a BrakeBuddy, so it DOES use battery power.
I made sure that the radio, heater fan etc were off. Did not pull a fuse. Always had a good battery and we could go 3-4 days without running it.
Check your owners manual to make sure.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #15508

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I'd say somebody is just a bit excited to get going!

Marty you would be correct! I'm itching to hit the road cause this is our first big trip.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #15509
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Here are a few photos while enroute home from Missouri. These are from the Badlands in SD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399740910.910050.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	525.2 KB
ID:	62513Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399740930.381705.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	589.2 KB
ID:	62514Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399740950.609868.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	546.9 KB
ID:	62515Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399741007.316352.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	504.2 KB
ID:	62516Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399741053.751304.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	626.8 KB
ID:	62517
Old 05-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #15510
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne,
It is an SL2, 5 speed 4dr sedan. It's so green that it's windows are operated by a twisty thingy.

A 5spd manual does not have a VTi and it is towable 4 down.

What's a VTi?

Constant Variable Transmission (CVT) and is fully automatic.

I will ask 'mi nina ' to read the Recreational Towing section. She can add that to her 'Whoa! You're MY Mother???' call tomorrow.

I thought about it, but that Alligator was way too tough and rubbery for the Son of the FEGC@CL.

You bake it, they will come!

Let's get together after "She" gets her mouth fixed. It'll keep "She" off the roof and we can have us some fun!

Yeah! I wish I could fix her mouth. Maybe I can have then install a key to shut it off once in a while. (Oh Oh! She read this. Oh darn!)

Her teeth getting fixed will not be the problem. Her surgery on Monday on her foot will keep her down for a week. I'll have to take her to the dentist on Thursday. I hope she doesn't talk to Dianne and Larry about milkin' the system. Actually, after two motorcycle accidents in '07 and her taking care of me, I think she is going to go for "payback" time.

Rex sends his love to his darling Miya.
Ah! The marriage. Did we post that picture we took fo the two of them.

Quote:
See Jeannie, nothing to it. See who makes a base plate for it now-a-days.

Quote:
Easy peasy! It is the "green" (at least it was in future versions) 30 amp ignition fuse. Dave could just run an on/off switch for easy access. As Dave pointed out, check the owners manual for fuse and if it has to be pulled for that year and model. Pick up a couple spares. I have blown that fuse a couple times - don't remember how. (No comments Herb or Dennis or anyone.)

[QUOTE=BAinTX;2045496]Mornin Muteys![...]
Wayne Barb says to tell you that you better take good care of Earlene while she is down from the surgery or she will come down there and won't leave till Earlene can defend herself.

Oh my! I am so afraid, weellly afwaid!

Jim, I was shocked to see that pic you posted cause I've seen that guy on the road before. That smarty car looks so strange perched on the back of his rig.

I watched him unload one time in a CG.

[...]I don't know much about these Allison's. The plan is to leave sometime in the middle of June so there is still lots to do to get ready.

Four years or 150,000 miles for transmission oil change. If you meet those criteria, get it changed out. Also, 15,000 miles or 1 year, which ever comes first for service on chassis and engine. I don't know where your are in the cycle, M1, M2, or M3. I don't believe I have ever put 15,000 miles on so I use the 1 year criteria. I rotate through the M1, M2, and M3, and N/A those I don't want done because they are not needed at that time.

I just got mine out of the shop, Freightliner Houston, and while it was in there I asked them to check the front end. They tightened up everything and what a difference when I was taking it back to storage.

[...]

Speak about rambles! YAK YAK YAK.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #15511

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dog - there may still be time for you to go back and edit spaces between your [pic] files - they have gone in with no space and widened the screen out beyond the margins on PC's.... it does not show up in Apple products - but it is terrible on the layout for pc's...
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #15512
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeannie,

Here is a picture of Ranger and Miya "Off Leash."
(It's the same picture edited.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ranger&Miya1.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	62519  

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote