Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #15555

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I think Diane wanted us to post our watercolor paintings, I finally got mine scanned...

Awesome! You are sure gifted!

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #15556

[QUOTE=flaggship1;2046163]Steve and Mary Ann - we're having James (BIL) you met at GC over for fish fry tomorrow. Will let ya know how it goes!!

We look forward to your fish fry report. If it's good send us your recipe and cooking temperature. If it's bad report your results but don't bother with the cooking details. hee, hee, ho

Surgery next week some time on my SIL thumb. Pain has subsided to a large degree. Blood flow to tip is still good.

11 yo grandson hit a two out game winning double with bases loaded in first game of double header yesterday. Was 3 for 4 in the second game and did well catching (catching is always an adventure with 11 yo pitchers).

Hope you have vaka left after the CG. Long weekends seems to feel like you have more days to use for vaka than taking 7 days trips. Travel 'em easy.

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #15557

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Steve - For some time now I have carried 5 days vacation over to the next year. We really prefer the longer escapes over the shorter. As it is, not counting actual holidays - I still have 15 days vacation left -- so there is time. We usually don't like to do the holiday weekends and will try to put a holiday in the middle of a longer trip. It's just too much like amateur night or open mic and the local pub. Depending on who show up and how much they had to drink, it can be uncomfortable at times...

We're also thinking hard about folding up the tent and heading out for good November 1st. It's a big decision of when and not if - but it is feeling more and more right all the time. We shall see. Point being - might be nice to be paid for the accrued vacation time rather than take it - and just go on permanent "vacation".

As for the fish fry - oil hot enough to float a few bits of batter - batter will be same as we brought to the fish fry at the GC. So we know how to do it - roll gas grill out - oil in pan on side burner - cut large filets in to 2 to 3 inch strips - dip in corn meal mix - fry crispy and enjoy. We're going easy today - fried fish, cucumber salad and sliced tomatoes. Simple and fresh.

Good Ooomms and luck to SIL - I'm sure he will do just fine! All the best to you and Mary Ann.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #15558
RVM1

MD time at the CG.

Brad is cooking brats, and breaks into the Bernie dance! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399833832.225906.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	62594

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399833860.470436.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	977.6 KB
ID:	62595

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #15559

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Not the best weather here for Mother's day, expecting 6+inches of snow. We had to postpone the big Fish Fry we had planned. Such wild spring weather this year.
I hope all the mother figures have a happy day. Some of us have kids all growed up, and some of us have furry kids to care for, and some still have kids or/and grandkids depending on us, so whatever the circumstance I hope y'all get a chance to enjoy something today.
I know this sounds awful and so unmotherly like... but I am borrowing Dunner's hat today! Leave Me Alone!
After raising 4 sons who were all 2 years apart... a little peace and quiet is all my soul desires... time to plant my garden, walk my dog, sit around and not have the latest emergency to respond to, and not have to mess with parties etc. that I end up having to clean up from, etc....
I'm happy to see mine about once a month for dinner here, and next Sunday, Garmin pays for the local theme park for their employee's families... so we will have a grand time then.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #15560

Newmar Owners Club
Happy Mother's Day y'all. May the rainbow shine ever so bright on all my Mutant friends and families.
chuckinthebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #15561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
No idea. I got it in a box of stuff at a garage sale a long time ago and for whatever reason never chucked it. I checked it at the time and it works but I have no idea of how much fluid it pumps but it is a tad noisy. I will get it to you ASAP and from there on you decide its worthiness.
Does it have a motor on it. Maybe I could up the volts and get it to pump faster. Thay are normally designed to drip feed a stomach tube. Hell, I'll try anything. I'll look for a geared down motor to hook direct drive. I love challenges.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #15562
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Not the best weather here for Mother's day, expecting 6+inches of snow. We had to postpone the big Fish Fry we had planned. Such wild spring weather this year.
I hope all the mother figures have a happy day. Some of us have kids all growed up, and some of us have furry kids to care for, and some still have kids or/and grandkids depending on us, so whatever the circumstance I hope y'all get a chance to enjoy something today.
WOW!

I'm sweating in a pair shorts up here in Canada just opening our pool!

It was a double wammy for me today. Mother's Day and my daughters B'day so I made breakfast for us before they woke up. The smell of Apple Smoked Bacon fryin drew them out.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #15563
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Does it have a motor on it. Maybe I could up the volts and get it to pump faster. Thay are normally designed to drip feed a stomach tube. Hell, I'll try anything. I'll look for a geared down motor to hook direct drive. I love challenges.
I've got a 2 hp pump with 1-1/2" hose I can lend you. That ought to fill you up quick!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #15564

Steve - - Wonderful news on the possibility of retirement. Is the countryside of this grand country ready for you and Annie on a more consistent basis? just kidding ! ! ! ! I (and Mary Ann) highly recommend it.

On the humorous side, our financial management firm each year reports to us the % of chance that adequate money will still exist for us at the age of 92 for Mary Ann. If I live to be 92, it will be considered a miracle. My family tree is not full of long livers (just short, overweight, diseased, relevantly young dead people).

Hell, we always wanted to imagine having money to do as our new lifestyle requires. It's not like we're on the road for the rest of our life. The number of years "guaranteed to us" is of no concern to our plans. Certainly not 24 to 26 years. Our tomorrows are not guaranteed, our kids expect no big inheritance, our pensions are well funded, SS is a blessing as extra income, our indebtedness will end in about 10 years, AND our kids won't let us fall victim to the streets. LOL IF things get tight, we'll pull in the ends of the rainbow a bit.

Financial advisors are paid to protect our money. We in charge of spending it wisely without becoming overly fearful that it's not going to last. Just think of the fun we'd miss is we didn't fulfill our dream of seeing the USA one mile at a time.

opps . . . the kids are here. see ya
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #15565

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just Wok on by.....

Name:	image-1381086628.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	587.6 KB
ID:	62611

Name:	image-2693653197.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	553.7 KB
ID:	62612

Name:	image-1684729777.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	652.5 KB
ID:	62613
Old 05-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #15566

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wok on with ya bad self... And yum

Name:	image-3519320090.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	538.9 KB
ID:	62614
Old 05-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #15567

Newmar Owners Club
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Looks like you are woking and woling on the catfish.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #15568

Newmar Owners Club
This was my contribution to the table this evening.