Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #1555
RV Mutant #29

What do you always carry with you?

Another ponder before sleep! What do you always carry with you? My Leatherman tool lives in my purse and I have lost count of the times I have used it. Even though it is heavy, I would not want to be without it. DH asked what I wanted for my birthday many years ago and that was my pick. I also have a small set of screwdriver bits with a holder that gets even more use! And then there is my collapsible plastic cup, lol.

Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #1556
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Greetings RVMs - with Annie out of town I'm not going to get away for the 4th. Anyone have big plans to share. A little vicarious mutant RVing will have to do.
RVM2
I just found out my daughter bought "me" a summer project. It's a metal shed that is currently resting in boxes in their back yard. I think letting her brag that her Momma can fix anything has just backfired on me. I imagine I'll still be at it on the 4th. Mutant enough?

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #1557
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I always have an extra diaper, usually in the back pocket of my jeans. I quit carrying a purse years ago because either Sena would empty it the first time I looked away, or I was afraid a thief would join the crowd of people that collect around us so they can interact with Sena. Being retired let's me wear jeans or jean shorts everyday. I need all the pockets I can get. My favorite attire is cargo shorts, EXTRA pockets!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #1558
RVM1

Family is all out of town this weekend. So, just normal Mutant days ahead.

Chance I may do something.
Might change the water filter.
Maybe wash Fred.
Should do other chores.
Could do nothing.

Nothing is much more probable than something.

Breakfast is certain and an icecream lunch is highly likely.

A long walk is an absolute. Will take a visual inventory of the CG for rope lights as I go.

It's a real booger being so busy and stressed.

Dave
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #1559
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave,
Isn't being retired hard work. I never know when I'm finished.

Some days I don't get up until noon and some days i do it twice.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1560
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dave,
Isn't being retired hard work. I never know when I'm finished.

Some days I don't get up until noon and some days i do it twice.
Yep! And how to decide where we will NOT hurry to next?

Semper Fi, MSgt

Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #1561

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Greetings RVMs - with Annie out of town I'm not going to get away for the 4th. Anyone have big plans to share. A little vicarious mutant RVing will have to do.
RVM2
Well, some non-mutant stuff first. Just finished a few days in Elkhart, IN replacing Sat dish, replacing Norcold refer with Samsung, adding stacked W/D. We are now just north of Nashville vegging out in a Cracker Barrel lot thinking about breakfast and then a 3 hour drive to a CG west of Lookout Mountain for the tonight. We then have about a 4 hour drive to Macon, GA through Friday for some time with the daughter and grandkids. We should have some of the best seats in the park for the 4th of July fireworks at Lake Tobesofskee.

Once we get to Macon we plan to do a shopping trip to stock our new refer and enjoy some grillin' and toastin'. Only have to get some menu suggestions for from the kids.

OH...and looking forward to my first trip into some big hills between Nashville & Chattanooga. I won't call them mountains in respect for our westerly mutants.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #1562

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sky_Boss - Don - you're hanging on to your mutant title by the skin of your teeth. :roll: That dishwasher and stinkum smell you don't have don't miss are only gonna carry ya so far!

Been following your other threads and posts and sounds like your upgrades have gone well. I have read good things about Brad and Hall and sounds like they did a great job for you!

I guess we can allow a special mutant waiver for those like you (us to a lesser extent) for working our way to not having a list of things to do or add and not missing that darn list one bit, along with other things large and small. Always Remember the early ponders of the RVM corollary from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance:

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Your mutations will serve you well and as we all know - every year manufacturers dream up more stuff for us to not have and don't miss. A guaranteed future population of RV Mutants.

Your journey toward full-time and the mutation to RVM status have been exemplary and I have learned much from your journey. I have enjoyed our telephone chats and getting to know you and Sandee over the past 6 months or so. I still have the video of her first behind the wheel training. A big hat tip to her for keeping you on the the straight and narrow and for passing her drivers license exams. It's a good man that will relinquish the drivers seat of their DP - and better woman who props him up, kicks him to the navigators position and laughs at him all the while.

Safe journeys my mutant brother.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #1563
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
RVM2
This is where we are for the weekend.

Mabel Lake Resort and Airpark, Mabel Lake Golf Club, Mabel Lake RV and Boat Sales, Enderby, British Columbia, Canada
Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #1564
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now that's purty!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #1565
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Sorry you can't get away RVM2.

Here are a couple of shots of where we are at Mable Lake.

RVM12

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3762727016.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	41459

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2792428184.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	41460
Old 06-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #1566

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
Sorry you can't get away RVM2.

Here are a couple of shots of where we are at Mable Lake.

RVM12
very nice.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #1567

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Special Post for SarahW
And others who may think they are not an RV Mutant

Sarah. In your recent post concerning your sofa replacement and widow treatment modifications, you revealed an RVM qualification. You do not have nor do you miss having a diesel engine. I don't know what else you don't have and don't miss, but for some RVMs it's a dishwasher, scare light, outside kitchen center our television. It's as simple as that.

The part some mutants are challenged by is letting the journey be the destination. Mutants are allowed to grow into this. Some come by it when something goes wrong and "destination" is lost to a breakdown but another journey is launched and great times are had. Some find places along the way that were unscheduled visits that rivaled or beat the "planned destination". The key that unlocks the mystery of the journey mentality is personal and mutants arrive there at their own pace.

Now Sarah (and others) - you don't have to be a mutant - and you may not be. Only you know for sure - but we RVMs welcome all to our "Curiosity of Mutants" - the term we use for a gathering or rally of mutants. We are a curious group, ponder often, and let the journey be our destination.
RVM2
Steve and Annie
Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #1568
RVM1

Quote:

RVM1 - perhaps that's why I was just thinking - I thought you was a toad.

RVM2
Delmar is my fav character. The innocently ignoramous.

Red is a toad, and knows it. Sees himself as unique among common Wranglers. A Mutant Wrangler Toad.

Actually, he would look pretty spiffy adorned with rope lights, white on red.