Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #15667

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedCampr View Post
Random but I'd like to recommend not baking in the dark. Or keeping your sunscreen stored in the pantry. I just about blew the door off the oven in the camper after spraying sunscreen on my baking sheet, thinking it was non-stick cooking spray.

The fireball was impressive, my face is tan, but the scones crashed before takeoff.

Sooooo, you demonstrate your RVM DNA early! Good job.
Be safe.
Mmmmm. Scones!

There is, of course, nothing random about this thread.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #15668

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Random but I'd like to recommend not baking in the dark. Or keeping your sunscreen stored in the pantry. I just about blew the door off the oven in the camper after spraying sunscreen on my baking sheet, thinking it was non-stick cooking spray.

The fireball was impressive, my face is tan, but the scones crashed before takeoff.
Welcome Becky, I'm assuming there was no injury our you would have let us know. I'm Tim, DW is Mary. Regardless of others comments I'm the sensible mutant of the group, always playing it safe. To prove how you can never be too safe I have committed myself to Never cook indoors!

You can find my safe RVing comments sprinkled throughout this thread and I receive no fees from any of the insurance agency's for this potential life saving advice!

Truly need to count our blessing, that could have gone sooo wrong!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #15669

Quote:

So you were baking in the dark to avoid waking the little ones, eh? Somewhat of a fail, you might say!

BTW, do you still have eyebrows to waggle? Is there a fainting couch nearby? Did you gather your nerves enough to mix up another batch or have you gone sconeless this morning?

Thanks for sharing!
Sue
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #15670

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Did the kids run out exclaiming "DO IT AGAIN MOMMY! DO IT AGAIN!"? Glad nobody was hurt other than pride that is and you will get to regale a lot of people with that story as life marches on.

Poor scones.. one last chance to be free and they didn't make it.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #15671

I was trying to make MM some breakfast to go and I didn't want to wake the kids. Apparently the gases were brewing the moment I closed the door. I stepped to the side to brew coffee, and that's when the feces hit the ocelator: a fireball exploded in the stove and blew the door open. Fire flew out past my side and reminded me of The Muensters pet dragon Spot who lived under the stairs. (Remember the old Addams Family show?)
Anyway, I had more scones so I first changed my pants, checked that the kids were still asleep, and I baked up those cranberry bi!che$. I also renamed my oven.
Spot
It fits because a week doesn't go by without flames of some kid from it. Honestly, I should be an official tester for Heartland. If I don't break it, buy it!
Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #15672

Off topic (is there such a thing here?): I've "met" someone while asking about gluten free recipes, and he's recommended a GF cornmeal breading mix. Here's the quote: "If you ever get to Las Vegas, find Lazy Joe's. I think it is on Rainbow Rd."

Hmmmm. Wonder if that's "our" Rainbow.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #15673

Quote:
I was trying to make MM some breakfast to go and I didn't want to wake the kids. Apparently the gases were brewing the moment I closed the door. I stepped to the side to brew coffee, and that's when the feces hit the ocelator: a fireball exploded in the stove and blew the door open. Fire flew out past my side and reminded me of The Muensters pet dragon Spot who lived under the stairs. (Remember the old Addams Family show?)
Anyway, I had more scones so I first changed my pants, checked that the kids were still asleep, and I baked up those cranberry bi!che$. I also renamed my oven.
Spot
It fits because a week doesn't go by without flames of some kid from it. Honestly, I should be an official tester for Heartland. If I don't break it, buy it!

Oh you are so mutant...... Smile.... Love it....

I just got through putting a cheesecake in the oven.... DH has taken such good care of me, this is day 5 w/o gallbladder, so while he was getting a root canal, i baked.... Now resting....

Thought about dusting, but Wayne the leafblower is over my weight lift limit..... Lol... And since the white doggie loves to steal dust cloths and run outside, i decided to not dust.....

Diane is holding my iPad using iRV2 mobile app........ So excuse the finger slides, please...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #15674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Off topic (is there such a thing here?): I've "met" someone while asking about gluten free recipes, and he's recommended a GF cornmeal breading mix. Here's the quote: "If you ever get to Las Vegas, find Lazy Joe's. I think it is on Rainbow Rd."

Hmmmm. Wonder if that's "our" Rainbow.

Sue. The cornmeal mix Tim used for the fish was gluten free. I do not fry, and never fish, so didnt look at the brand....

Diane is holding my iPad using iRV2 mobile app........ So excuse the finger slides, please...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #15675

American Coach Owners Club
Fire Ball

Becky glad no injuries... but thinking you should here by be called FLASH....
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #15676
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry about the scones, Becky. Mmmmmmm... scones.

And in the spirit of randomness, I thought I'd share my mother's day loot from my hubby. He bought me this pelican that some guy carved from a log using a chainsaw. Yeah! It's supposed to go out by the pool but so far it's still in the kitchen...

Old 05-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #15677

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Nice Pelican Sarah!!
------
Just got off the phone with Alternative Resources in Sioux Falls SD. Have an inbox of fresh forms to print. Need to get started assembling our info for residency. Starting to get our pelicans in a row.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #15678

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Sorry about the scones, Becky. Mmmmmmm... scones.

And in the spirit of randomness, I thought I'd share my mother's day loot from my hubby. He bought me this pelican that some guy carved from a log using a chainsaw. Yeah! It's supposed to go out by the pool but so far it's still in the kitchen...

]

I would mount that topside, about midship. Nifty squirrel discouragement device (and other critters). Oh, and fish would never approach your roof!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #15679
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I would mount that topside, about midship. Nifty squirrel discouragement device (and other critters). Oh, and fish would never approach your roof!
He would no doubt make a fine mascot, Dave. If not for the fact that he's about 3' tall and heavier than me. He's a solid little sucker.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #15680

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Becky glad no injuries... but thinking you should here by be called FLASH....
Flash is better than GasUrge. Way back when someone tried to make an email account for me for college classes. He knew I was from Georgia, and I was drinking a Surge energy drink. My email was GaSurge@... But let's be honest.

It was always Gas Urge... Difference in annunciation- Flash is a promotion! Glad to take it!
Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote