Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #15821
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Mutants!!!!

Does anyone remember the children's toys called weebles ?
And the slogan ?

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down ? Weebles were definitely mutantated ....

Cheers !!!

That is my true nickname..... Just ask Larry...... I have a tendency, when sitting on the floor, to just wobble over.....

MARTY .... Loved the hairchalk story......

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #15822

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I posted my current change of scenery on RVM2RVM. Wouldn't it be redundant to post it here as well? I'll just say that Mike has photographic proof of our Mini-C and I'm sure he'll be along soon to show such proof.

Sena, Lily and I are in Yuma tonight where it's almost dark and the temperature is STILL over 100 degrees. I have an appt with RVM#1ís dentist tomorrow at 11 am.

I may regret such a late appt time as I plan to walk across the border. Yikes! I sure hope there's shade over the line waiting to get back into the US. I hear the wait can be lengthy. Must remember to take plenty of water.

Got an umbrella? Carry it! The Chinese & Tibetans use them a lot for shade.

Do you have any trouble keeping Sena & Lily cool while you're out?

Did Sena and Sadie ever see eye to eye? Sadie & Lily? Looking forward to Mike's pics of all of you.

Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers!
Sue

Old 05-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #15823

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just a Ponder, with all the great activities we had at the GC what musical event continues to fill my head!

Well of course the wonderful songs provided by Jeff and Marci! I'm thinking of having them sing at my funeral.

Now any song I sing while driving has the same upbeat sound coming from those two.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #15824

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I posted my current change of scenery on RVM2RVM. Wouldn't it be redundant to post it here as well? I'll just say that Mike has photographic proof of our Mini-C and I'm sure he'll be along soon to show such proof.

Sena, Lily and I are in Yuma tonight where it's almost dark and the temperature is STILL over 100 degrees. I have an appt with RVM#1’s dentist tomorrow at 11 am.

I may regret such a late appt time as I plan to walk across the border. Yikes! I sure hope there's shade over the line waiting to get back into the US. I hear the wait can be lengthy. Must remember to take plenty of water.
Barb... be sure to wear a wide brimmed hat! ( or as someone else said... take an umbrella!)
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #15825
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Yes happy birthday Colleen, and many more. It is a quiet night on the rainbow. We are going camping tomorrow for the weekend. Our last child is graduating from KSU in Manhattan. First child went to Texas Tech, second to KU and the last two did KSU. Now maybe we could get a big fancy Diesel, like the Texans drive. Wayne told me as we were leaving CL, you need to get a real rig. Wayne is right, and maybe we will someday. The DW wants a washer dryer and I want a diesel, other then that we love our little rig. Y'all have a great weekend. Haven't heard from Dunner or Barb lately. Hope there doing fine.
Now Don, don't be taking what I said out of context and especially not serious.

I have two sayings, the first regarding RV':

"It doesn't matter what you RV in, you are having just as much fun."

And regarding motorcycles:

"It doesn't matter what your ride, it's all the same wind."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Dont know about the diesel part..... But i LOVE having the washer/dryer.... That was my highest priority..... Never have turned it on while otr, but could.... But it kinda does the whole rig shakee, right Herb........

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diane, please do not try to use the washer/dryer while driving down the road. The vibration and ups, downs and rolls of the MH will cause the washer/dryer to go out-of-wack, and you know what that can do.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #15826
RV Mutant #29

Pondering....are there any other mutants with trailers rollin' down the road? The Grand Curiosity seemed to feature many a large, gorgeous MH. Maybe someday if my ship comes in (or I can persuade DH to give up the sticks and bricks) that dream will come true and I will be driving instead of towing!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #15827
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tina,

Doesn't matter what you RV in, you'll have just as much fun.

I had a tent in my very young years, then in '74 bought a '72 Chevy Sportvan 20 equipped by Travco, then a hiatus for some years, then a 5th wheel and now a MH. Many times I wish I had some of the simpler things back. Enjoy! Park next to me anytime and enjoy a meal or drink or two or three.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #15828

The gauntlet of a ponder challenge has been thrown down ... so here is mine.

Ever wonder why a good ponder can not be forced to happen? You can assign your brain with the task of producing a fresh ponderance, but likely the result will be boring.

I know I'm not alone with this feeling. Every breathing soul has at one time been blindsided by the Holy Grail of ponders and it fades before it can be put into hard copy (words on paper). The reason? Great ideas/ponders lose meaning when an attempt is made to capture for future reading. In other words, a great ponder must remain unstructured, without bounds or permanence. So the shape shifting thoughts are best savored and kept as unwritten thoughts. Hang in there, I think I'm trying to say something here.

The best stuff remains inside your synapses, in limbo. The "cloud" of the mind. Stuff like the formula for cold fusion, or molecular transportation. It's all in there ... somewhere.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #15829

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
The gauntlet of a ponder challenge has been thrown down ... so here is mine..........

The best stuff remains inside your synapses, in limbo. The "cloud" of the mind. Stuff like the formula for cold fusion, or molecular transportation. It's all in there ... somewhere.
Beam me up Merlin!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #15830

Quote:
In what might be a first in RVMutant history, we are now at mini-C location # 2 in 2 days time, parked in front of Dunner's house. Lily has made herself at home and cozied up with Sadie in an attempt to warn us about every noise they, and often only they can hear. Sena, a bit mystified by all the strange dogs is a bit slow to warm up to Mike, but tomorrow, uh later today is another day. Pics to follow.
I had a nice reply typed up and for some reason I had to close my browser and lost it all.

Anywho, yeah we had a brief Mini-C at my house Wednesday. Street was big enough for her RV. We had to stretch her 10ga Camco cords a little to keep the finicky AC working. Seems like the EMS or AC had a mind of it's own.

Dogs got along fine and Sadie even played with Lily. Sadie is not much of a play dog, but by being around Linda's dogs has become more so. She will go up and sniff another dogs butt, but if that dog turns around, Sadie is gone in a flash. My bad. She was never socialized. Sena was cute, but quiet and grabbed everything she could. Lily brought a small treat for Sadie and Sadie said: "It's mine now and you ain't getting it back... in a not very lady like way.

We talked about RVs, medical and life in general, and I even gave her the 25 cent tour of my Breeze, We didn't come up with a way to solve the world problems, though. We'll leave that to Possum. I also talked to Possum Tuesday night. Barb also helped me replace a light bulb that is right over my main bedroom mattress. Don't know if and when I did it before. Could have been the original 1976 bulb as I have always had a water bed before I just recently replaced it with a conventional mattress. She was my shoulder to lean on as I burnt my fingers on the still good bulb. I showed Barb my shop and all my toys and equipment and we agreed that I could never go FT. Barb even pulled a couple of weeds I missed with my new "weed wack-a-do machine. I could hear some of them screaming: "Beat me Whip me, Make me write bad checks"... over the thrashing. Looks better out front and back.

The part she shipped to my addy won't get here in her time frame, so off to Yuma she goes.

It was a refreshing visit. Here are some pics of us and the RVs. In one picture she looks like she is getting too close and in the other it looks like she is about to cry because she has to leave Dunner and Sadie. You figure out which is which. I needed some more pictures of when my MH is at home. So far, I have had 3 mini-Cs. Barb, Slickest1 and clyon51. Great people to talk to with the same RV interests.

Me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barb1.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	63023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barb2.JPG
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	63024  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Barb3.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	63025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barb4..JPG
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	63026  

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #15831

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Mutants!!!!

Does anyone remember the children's toys called weebles ?
And the slogan ?

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down ? Weebles were definitely mutantated ....

Cheers !!!

I remember that. Made somebody millions, just like the guy that thought up muppets.... Jim Henson
Old 05-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #15832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Got an umbrella? Carry it! The Chinese & Tibetans use them a lot for shade.

Do you have any trouble keeping Sena & Lily cool while you're out?

Did Sena and Sadie ever see eye to eye? Sadie & Lily? Looking forward to Mike's pics of all of you.

Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers!
Sue
Sadie showed very little interest in Sena.

Buy a cheap Sombrero in Mexico. They have them on both sides of the border. Shake it first to see it you are being used as a drug mule.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #15833

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tina... Barb and I have very small Motor homes, a trailer would give us more room, but those are harder to tow and get set up by yourself, and we want to be able to do those things by ourselves... I just about thought I would have to take my sister's trailer to come to the Curiosity...wondered if Honey was going to get out of the shop in time.... no one would have said boo... camping is camping! We are Mutants and that attitude of "it doesn't matter what you are in, you'll have just as much fun" is one of our major tenets to live by! there will always be the chevy vs. ford friendly rivalry amongst the men folks... I think they look at their vehicles as an extension of themselves somehow...oh wait... in this group it's jeeps...LOL!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:09 PM   #15834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
That is my true nickname..... Just ask Larry...... I have a tendency, when sitting on the floor, to just wobble over.....

Is that a wine(whine)?