Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #15835

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Barb... be sure to wear a wide brimmed hat! ( or as someone else said... take an umbrella!)
Sombrero... Plenty of them for sale on both sides of the border.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #15836

Random ponder

The person that comes up with a totally non-toxic spray-on substance to make dogs water and dirt repellant will become very rich, and if it smells of bacon, all the better! Can you tell it's mud season? Night all.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #15837
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just wanted to pass this on:

G'night!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #15838

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Pondering....are there any other mutants with trailers rollin' down the road? The Grand Curiosity seemed to feature many a large, gorgeous MH. Maybe someday if my ship comes in (or I can persuade DH to give up the sticks and bricks) that dream will come true and I will be driving instead of towing!
We have a fifth wheel, I don't foresee ever going to MH. We like the extra room and closets, and DH loves his Ford truck.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #15839

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
By the way---G'nite.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #15840
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I had a nice reply typed up and for some reason I had to close my browser and lost it all.

Anywho, yeah we had a brief Mini-C at my house Wednesday. Street was big enough for her RV. We had to stretch her 10ga Camco cords a little to keep the finicky AC working. Seems like the EMS or AC had a mind of it's own.

Dogs got along fine and Sadie even played with Lily. Sadie is not much of a play dog, but by being around Linda's dogs has become more so. She will go up and sniff another dogs butt, but if that dog turns around, Sadie is gone in a flash. My bad. She was never socialized. Sena was cute, but quiet and grabbed everything she could. Lily brought a small treat for Sadie and Sadie said: "It's mine now and you ain't getting it back... in a not very lady like way.

We talked about RVs, medical and life in general, and I even gave her the 25 cent tour of my Breeze, We didn't come up with a way to solve the world problems, though. We'll leave that to Possum. I also talked to Possum Tuesday night. Barb also helped me replace a light bulb that is right over my main bedroom mattress. Don't know if and when I did it before. Could have been the original 1976 bulb as I have always had a water bed before I just recently replaced it with a conventional mattress. She was my shoulder to lean on as I burnt my fingers on the still good bulb. I showed Barb my shop and all my toys and equipment and we agreed that I could never go FT. Barb even pulled a couple of weeds I missed with my new "weed wack-a-do machine. I could hear some of them screaming: "Beat me Whip me, Make me write bad checks"... over the thrashing. Looks better out front and back.

The part she shipped to my addy won't get here in her time frame, so off to Yuma she goes.

It was a refreshing visit. Here are some pics of us and the RVs. In one picture she looks like she is getting too close and in the other it looks like she is about to cry because she has to leave Dunner and Sadie. You figure out which is which. I needed some more pictures of when my MH is at home. So far, I have had 3 mini-Cs. Barb, Slickest1 and clyon51. Great people to talk to with the same RV interests.

Me
Sounds like a nice visit! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #15841

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'll just say that Mike has photographic proof of our Mini-C and I'm sure he'll be along soon to show such proof.

Sena, Lily and I are in Yuma tonight where it's almost dark and the temperature is STILL over 100 degrees. I have an appt with RVM#1’s dentist tomorrow at 11 am.

I may regret such a late appt time as I plan to walk across the border. Yikes! I sure hope there's shade over the line waiting to get back into the US. I hear the wait can be lengthy. Must remember to take plenty of water.
Yes....unfortunately it's sometimes hotter down there than up here. Do take a lot of water....you don't want to drink theirs. ..unless it's also bottled.

Also, I'm so glad your AC works well!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #15842

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
What a great picture of you guys!
This is my favorite from Cooper Lake. "Ridin' the yellow line"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140422_220850 small.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	63032  
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #15843

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Got an umbrella? Carry it! The Chinese & Tibetans use them a lot for shade.

Do you have any trouble keeping Sena & Lily cool while you're out?

Did Sena and Sadie ever see eye to eye? Sadie & Lily? Looking forward to Mike's pics of all of you.

Good luck tomorrow!

Cheers!
Sue
Good idea, Sue. I see ladies around here all the time using umbrellas walking back and forth to the bus stops.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #15844

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
This is my favorite from Cooper Lake. "Ridin' the yellow line"
Just too mutant for it not to be pretty well everyone's favorite.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #15845

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Wink

Quote:
I had a nice reply typed up and for some reason I had to close my browser and lost it all.

Anywho, yeah we had a brief Mini-C at my house Wednesday. Street was big enough for her RV. We had to stretch her 10ga Camco cords a little to keep the finicky AC working. Seems like the EMS or AC had a mind of it's own.

Dogs got along fine and Sadie even played with Lily. Sadie is not much of a play dog, but by being around Linda's dogs has become more so. She will go up and sniff another dogs butt, but if that dog turns around, Sadie is gone in a flash. My bad. She was never socialized. Sena was cute, but quiet and grabbed everything she could. Lily brought a small treat for Sadie and Sadie said: "It's mine now and you ain't getting it back... in a not very lady like way.

We talked about RVs, medical and life in general, and I even gave her the 25 cent tour of my Breeze, We didn't come up with a way to solve the world problems, though. We'll leave that to Possum. I also talked to Possum Tuesday night. Barb also helped me replace a light bulb that is right over my main bedroom mattress. Don't know if and when I did it before. Could have been the original 1976 bulb as I have always had a water bed before I just recently replaced it with a conventional mattress. She was my shoulder to lean on as I burnt my fingers on the still good bulb. I showed Barb my shop and all my toys and equipment and we agreed that I could never go FT. Barb even pulled a couple of weeds I missed with my new "weed wack-a-do machine. I could hear some of them screaming: "Beat me Whip me, Make me write bad checks"... over the thrashing. Looks better out front and back.

The part she shipped to my addy won't get here in her time frame, so off to Yuma she goes.

It was a refreshing visit. Here are some pics of us and the RVs. In one picture she looks like she is getting too close and in the other it looks like she is about to cry because she has to leave Dunner and Sadie. You figure out which is which. I needed some more pictures of when my MH is at home. So far, I have had 3 mini-Cs. Barb, Slickest1 and clyon51. Great people to talk to with the same RV interests.

Me
It is fun, isn't it Mike? And I hope you're cheered up some, too!

So glad you all had a nice time! But I am jealous you've had 3 Mini Cs!

I wish my dogs would have been a little friendlier to Lily. ...I'm glad your Sadie made up for it!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #15846

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
What do you do with Sena and Lily when you are across the border. Pets in hot cars get frowned upon and can get you a big fine or arrested it you do it around Phx.
Mike, they are staying in the RV at the Yuma CG. Barb can't take Sena into MX. She doesn't have the AC challenges that I do in my rig, thankfully.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #15847

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Pondering my trip coming up. Just 3 more days....and I'm on the road!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 PM   #15848

Texas Boomers Club
Pondering mutants? I gotta say this about that. I just read alla y'all's ponders tonight and I'm pondering if this is some sorta harmonious mass mind mutation or if y'all got into that "60s stuff" together though y'all are miles apart? Far out!
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote