Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #16185

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And who promised you that life would be fair, Dave? I haven't read past this page yet, but I hope someone has convinced you to concede on this issue. There's NO way you'll ever win this battle of the sexes game.
As the mother of 2 sons, may I say there is never a winner. The only win would be a men's room with a urinal, which the menfolk had to clean? But that isn't going to happen.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #16186

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
If any of you guys are running down I-10 at the Tx/La border and want to detour to Port Arthur (17 miles) I've got a 15' X 50' concrete slab with 15 amp service and city water (best rating in the state) that can be used. If you require a larger service you'll have to use your genny. There is a dump station about 3 blocks away.

It would give us a chance to visit.
Bob, I'm likely to take you up on this offer next Fall when I head to Florida. I'm planning to stop in Conroe to see Mom and then take I-10 east. Thanks! You're a champ!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #16187

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
You are always chasing a trail of friends in your home.
Yes and some weeks it feels like I'm chasing my tail. Heaven knows I sure chase the other 2 tails that share this home way too often. No wise cracks required, Wayne.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #16188

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Harpers! I noticed on another thread that your bus is for sale. Enquiring mutants want to know. Are you trading up? Surely you aren't giving up mutant travel?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-21-2014, 05:23 AM   #16189

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
As the mother of 2 sons, may I say there is never a winner. The only win would be a men's room with a urinal, which the menfolk had to clean? But that isn't going to happen.

Sign seen on the wall above the urinals in a public toilet in London.

"From the Janitorial Staff.
Gentlemen: Our aim is to maintain this facility in a clean and tidy state. Your aim will help. "
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #16190

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Whoo Hooo! When I get the temps back on the case of the RVM Cookbook, maybe you'll pass along a recipe or two!

There is a cookbook in the making? Nobody told me. OK, let me assume the first, and largest category is bacon, yes?
My recipe collection is in an iPad app. Up to 278 carefully selected entries as of this morning. I collect 'em ... somebody else cooks 'em up. Were it not for my on-board cook, I'd likely have to get an app for White Castle locations.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #16191
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Les - I am looking forward to getting it fired up. The stand arrived today!

So how's the Beaver? She getting the usual dog upgrades? Still a keeper?
Spending money faster than I can make it unfortunately. It's been in the shop since I got back.
Have to do the brakes and a few other things. Apparently, the previous owner didn't know what or how to use a PAC brake. I would have never thought it would need a brake job at 38,000 miles.
One thing I don't like about the Beaver is it has Hydraulic/air brakes with pads and rotors. I wish it had full air brakes. I have to replace the front rotors as one is scored beyond turning and the other is heat cracked, as well as pads front and rear. $1500 and counting.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #16192

Quote:
Oh yes at 4 months it is still really fresh and still a daily battle. I was reminded of this last year my DH gave them up. As every quitter knows, it ain't easy. But way worth it. Every once in awhile I find myself checking my pockets for a pack, funny, it is like I forget that I don't do that. Or maybe I am just a bit looney?

STEVE, I so agree with Judy..... You are in the hardest stage of being an ex smoker..... But are over the main hump. Those who go before you know this. It gets easier..... Larry still smokes cigars, and sometimes I am still tempted. Hang in there.
I had forgottem you quit recently. So love this group.....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #16193

Quote:

So happy for Diane, there really isn't anything quite like being owned by a Westie. Ours reminded us how to laugh, as she was such a sweet comedienne.

Judy, i agree, i currently am owned by an 18month old female WESTIE, LitaBit, So now i will be owned by 2 Westies..... Now that is really becoming a STM...... LOL.....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #16194

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
If you take over the cleaning, we'll do it your way.
What does the cleaning have to do with it? Besides a real mutant doesn't mind cleaning the toilet. 😇 In fact, the woman is more likely to mess up the seat then the man is. You women know this is true.
I clean the toilets, and this is another good thing about living in an Rv. The whole water closet takes only 3 minutes to clean😇
Seriously, we both pick up and put down the seats. I pick up both of them Debbie picks one of them.
If you are happy, no one has to win the war of the sexes, there is no war.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #16195

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1

What does the cleaning have to do with it? Besides a real mutant doesn't mind cleaning the toilet. dde07 In fact, the woman is more likely to mess up the seat then the man is. You women know this is true.
I clean the toilets, and this is another good thing about living in an Rv. The whole water closet takes only 3 minutes to cleandde07
Seriously, we both pick up and put down the seats. I pick up both of them Debbie picks one of them.
If you are happy, no one has to win the war of the sexes, there is no war.
Certainly no war on the Rainbow!

Have ya made it to Ohio yet?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #16196
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne - is it my old iPhone and app - or is the first quote in your multi-quote post ^^ improperly "clipped"? When you count your + 70 wpm typing speed, how do you count that?
Wow Steve! Is that all you can find to pick on me? the loss of [ at the beginning is a function of the multi-quote. As quote the last item in the thread to pop up the other multi-quotes. then I delete the last one as it is not relevant most of the time to what I want to reply to. It is then that the "[" gets deleted for some reason. I hope you enjoy the long explanation.

Quote:
Bob, I'm likely to take you up on this offer next Fall when I head to Florida. I'm planning to stop in Conroe to see Mom and then take I-10 east. Thanks! You're a champ!
When you get to Conroe you give us a holler. You'll only be 80 miles from us and we'll scoot on over and have a mini-mini-C.

If'n you want a more scenic route from Conroe to Beaumont, take FM-105. A few stop lights but in my view just a nicer ride.

Quote:
Yes and some weeks it feels like I'm chasing my tail. Heaven knows I sure chase the other 2 tails that share this home way too often. No wise cracks required, Wayne.
Now Barb, why would I wise crack about you chasing your tail, huh?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #16197

Fleetwood Owners Club
This seat discussion has me wondering! Are we talking about the toilet in our RV's or the S&B cause I keep the lid and seat down at all times in Rv when not in use in fear of something dropping into bowl. The confined area is just prime for something to be bumped and topple into the wrong area!

Now men we all know that by keeping the seat good and wet it lets our loved ones know that the seat has recently been spray washed! When THEY think its been washed enough they will keep the seat raised! Problem solved!

Wow, we mutants have evolved to toilet jokes!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #16198
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Diva View Post
...Yes Wayne... but are those words more than the word "I" ???? I might even be able to outtype you - watch this -
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
Hands up as time is called- How many words was that Wayne?
You're askin' for trouble. I'll sic Steve on to you, both of them.

You typed 233 "A's" by holding down the a key on the keyboard, but including your words, question marks, hyphens, etc., it was only a total of 279 words. If you had taken the time to push the button for each "a" it would have taken you 3.9571428571429 minutes to type that at 70 wpm.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote