Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #16227

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Barb, i was just told by a breeder that the puppy litter is what she uses now..... I havent tried it....
Lily's breeder told me her dogs all use cat litter, but that has zero appeal to me on the floor of our MH. What could be better than a square piece of paper that gets folded and tossed. I have all of Sena's mess to sweep up, but it's mostly half eaten almonds and cashews, not pee soaked paper or worse.

BTW, I've found the pee pads I buy at Costco are the best. Extra large and very absorbent. Cheap, too! $16/100 I try to buy all our diapers and pee pads in OR or MT where there is no sales tax. It helps pay fuel costs for all this travel. But I know Costco is almost a cuss word in Arkansas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #16228

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Diane's pups, along with all y'all's other canines, have me hankerin' to have another dog. It's been cats with me for years, and the last 2, one in particular, left a huge hole in my life. I'm not sure any other feline could fill it.

Diane, that new baby looks like she's fixin' to tell you something. Does she intend to be The Boss I wonder, or is she requesting removal of her (really cute) clown's ruff?

I know ownership involves work and patience, but the paybacks are so immediate and bountiful. Maybe next spring....

Cheers!
Sue
Heh Heh... Bob started calling all those dogs people have in their campers "little white camper dogs"... many, many of them are white/off white and little. Are you going to be joining the "little white camper dog" ranks?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #16229

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can now do DNA tests on dogs from the privacy of home to find out what breeds comprise your dog's genetic make up. Here's even one that is discounted because of the damaged box.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #16230

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Heh Heh... Bob started calling all those dogs people have in their campers "little white camper dogs"... many, many of them are white/off white and little. Are you going to be joining the "little white camper dog" ranks?
Hey Marty,

I've heard that shelters have an over abundance of big black dogs, aka the substance of Sena's nightmares. Mainly because many people are also frightened by big black dogs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #16231

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Earlene asked me to post this:

"I just stood on my sore foot experiencing excruciating pain while preparing Ina Garten's most excellent lemon cake recipe which entailed grating the rind of six lemons, extracting more than a cup of fresh lemon juice, whipping butter and sugar, etc., etc., etc., and all I ask is for a magic prince or pauper (I'm not particular) to clean my queendom. Do I have a volunteer??? Noooooo, my princely pauper is too busy mutating with his new friends to bring order to my establishment. He's forcing me to resort to blackmail. Oh, Herb? Do you want to hear the latest curb appeal tale?

The cake is for bribery at the dentist's office."

Now I'm offended. Without question or asking I cleaned the kitchen after her mess, and she does make a mess when she cooks, and she sent me this to post AFTER I did all that.

DW, you just wait! ya'ear!

p.s., then I went in after she made the topping, messing up the kitchen again and cleaned up. What's a man s'posed to do. She'll be sorry.
LOL... sounds like my kitchen at home!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #16232

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry Duckman, the tornado pic is photoshopped.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/...-actually-fake

I'm a sucker for science and went looking for info. I SO wanted it to be real.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #16233

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Lily's breeder told me her dogs all use cat litter, but that has zero appeal to me on the floor of our MH. What could be better than a square piece of paper that gets folded and tossed. I have all of Sena's mess to sweep up, but it's mostly half eaten almonds and cashews, not pee soaked paper or worse.

BTW, I've found the pee pads I buy at Costco are the best. Extra large and very absorbent. Cheap, too! $16/100 I try to buy all our diapers and pee pads in OR or MT where there is no sales tax. It helps pay fuel costs for all this travel. But I know Costco is almost a cuss word in Arkansas.

We are too alike..... I gad read about the litter, but never got excited about it. Guess it relates to having an inside cat for years. I have 2 large boxes of pads from Sams..... Wish we had costco, competition would do WM good..... I am more if a Target gal....
But i do make a once a month sams trip.... They have the cheese from Tilamook....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #16234

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post

Little white camper dogs...... YES.... Like that label....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Old 05-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #16235

An inch of rain in the last hour or so, now mixed with 1/4" hail. The wind has just picked up and is blowing to who-laid-it, pushing deck chairs around the corner. Whewee! A good day to not be in an RV!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #16236

Quote:
Diane's pups, along with all y'all's other canines, have me hankerin' to have another dog. It's been cats with me for years, and the last 2, one in particular, left a huge hole in my life. I'm not sure any other feline could fill it.

Diane, that new baby looks like she's fixin' to tell you something. Does she intend to be The Boss I wonder, or is she requesting removal of her (really cute) clown's ruff?

I know ownership involves work and patience, but the paybacks are so immediate and bountiful. Maybe next spring....

Cheers!
Sue

Sue..... I dont have her yet. That is the way this breeder identifies them..... I cannot believe they would not chew them off by now..... But yes, she looks like she is talking.... She will be 8 weeks old when we get her on June 7. I will post pic of her with LitaBit......

Old 05-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #16237

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Certainly no war on the Rainbow!

Have ya made it to Ohio yet?
Just made it in 3 hours ago. Got a seasonal spot, but I know I won't be able to sit still that long. Everything here is Mud! Its rained for 2 weeks straight.
Pier-Lon Park. Medina Ohio.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #16238
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Is he still doing that?
Dennis, I am a smoothie! Just ask anyone (not a mutant though)

[QUOTE=SarahW;2061811] The only problem with non-shedding breeds is that they have to be groomed and are a little more "labor intensive"...haha. [...]

Hey, I resemble that remark!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #16239
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The "chipmunk" is home after 3 hours at the Dentists. One extraction that was pulverized and had to be dug and a temp bridge, oh and a cleaning before the extraction.

Chicken pot pie was the fare of the evening. I did not want to sit and watch her eat. Probably more dripping in the pot pie than in her mouth. Hee hee!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #16240

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
An inch of rain in the last hour or so, now mixed with 1/4" hail. The wind has just picked up and is blowing to who-laid-it, pushing deck chairs around the corner. Whewee! A good day to not be in an RV!

PS: In an RV on the road, that is. And it's a good thing I like candles for lighting and that we can escape to the RV if need be. Second home, safely stowed in the shed!