Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #16297

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Les - we're thinking of you and mom.
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #16298

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well we made it to the local RV Park. It's is full - and not sure how I managed to get a place at the last minute.

Spent 1 H 17 minutes reconnecting with Dish on the living room TV. Still have an ongoing saga with the bedroom unit. A new receiver didn't fix the issue - and it can't download the software. Another 25 minutes with the techs and the thought is take it to a retailer and see if they can get the software to load. If not - the satellite line to the second receiver is thought ti have a switching issue.... Oh well that's what time and ESP are for. We shall see. We shall see.

So wish us luck - tomorrow we begin the hunt for a new toad. Leaning CRV or Equinox. Jeep W Unlimited in 3rd place for us. Again. We shall see.

Night all.
Steve
Old 05-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #16299

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh yeah - one other thing...
This is a first for me... Got to site - looked for wifi - found it -- looked to the brochure for a code - nothing. The login came up and said....

WELCOME TO SHADY CREEK RV PARK

PLEASE ENTER YOUR ACCESS CODE BELOW. TO PURCHASE ACCESS CODES, PLEASE CALL OR STOP BY THE OFFICE. 10 - 2 HOUR CODES IS $15. UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR 30 DAYS IS $50. UNLIMITED ACCESS CODE WILL WORK ON ONE COMPUTER. OFFICE - 972-347-5384. OFFICE HOURS - MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8 AM TO 5PM - SATURDAY 9 AM TO 5 PM.

So with GS discount the $27/ night for 4 nights - and I get no wifi. Full hookups - and was told there was no cable - the over the air would be what I'd get... Hence the reconnect of Dish.

Well live and learn. Hope the Honda dealer includes tires in the price.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #16300

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just in case... I had been pronouncing Dunner as done with an ER sound at the end. But it's actually dune er as it should be for a guy that likes to fly across the sand dunes.

Mike showed me his sand rail. Quite a piece of work with Wily Coyote and the Roadrunner painted on tithe sides. Loud, too!

If you talk to the big guy tonight ask Him to help our friend Mike.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #16301

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Update - in the spirit of Dunner - I kept after the bedroom TV. Don't think I actually did anything - but 19" at the foot of the bed is cranking out HD Dish like nobody's business.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2633489639.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	63643
Old 05-22-2014, 11:48 PM   #16302

Steve ... I just put SHADY CREEK RV PARK on my "do not call list". Thanks for the insight. I sure don't care for surprises like that. Did they say anything about an extra charge for tree shade? But it could be worse ... they could have called it a "resort".
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:40 AM   #16303

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm
ooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm

Dunner - you have many old and new RVMs pulling for you - stop this vacation & all this lounging around in some strange bed (almost every man's dream- I'm sure) and get home soon!

Les- prayers for you and your family
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #16304
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ohmmms, Ohhmms, Ohhmmmmmmms to you Mike.

Miss you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #16305

Hope everyone is doing great my back is a little better I can move again had to put new water pump and thermostat in the rv not much fun when your back hurts. But it's done heading north soon . Going to see grand baby born well shara not me I seen that before and it scared me for life. And if we have any ne rvm's welcome

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #16306
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. I'll keep you posted.

Mike, if you catch this, I'm pulling for you no matter what your situation is. Ultimately, I hope everything is alright.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #16307

Tiffin Owners Club
Dwayne:

Just a note to let you know where I stand with the awnings. When we got home I unraveled all of them and they need new pull straps. I looked for the "tri-grip" rivets (that you told me about) and at the end of the day I ended up ordering them from Ca because no one around here or in Bmt had them in stock. When they get here, it will probably be an all day job re-mounting the awning struts to the wall of the MH. It sure will be nice to be able to use these to shade the windows. I was amazed at how much cooler the MH was with the awnings out.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #16308

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Two things any Mutant loves to see in the Morning and 1 we get used to.... Hot coffee in a Mutant Mug - and refrigerator / freezer digital reading of 37/5 degrees.... And no ability to post pics as proof
Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #16309

Im Back !!!

Good morning Mutants !!!

Sorry its been so long since Ive posted but we have been way busy, we are currently hanging out in FT. Wayne, Indiana for the next week before we head further north into Michigan.

Mike aka Dunner we are sending you healing oooommmmsssss we need ya to get better buddy, you have way to much going on to spend time back in the hospital, remember not to take out your frustrations on the paid help, they are trying to help you.

Les we are also sending healing ooommssss to you and your mom as well. I know how difficult it is when one of your parents arent doing well, and I hope that the doctors and medical staff can work miracles and get her back to the good health she should have, hang in there buddy.

Steve thanks for the update on Shady Creek, it seems that it may be way more expensive than what they let on, not having free wifi for their guests is taking the cheap way out in my humble opinion.

To the rest of you thank you for much reading enjoyment, I can stay caught up on my device, but using the laptop is a lot easier for my fat fingers, Di I know exactly what you mean by doing the fat finger slide.

to our newest mutants, we are so happy you have decided to join us on the rainbow, keep posting and updating so if there are any possibilities to have a mini C make sure you try to have one they are incredibly rewarding.

As the second place holder of the great Bacon cookoff trophy the spread is made with the following,

1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy is my favorite but creamy is fine)
1/2 cup maple syrup

whip till creamy spread on toast or english muffins or anything you like and top with crumbled bacon or half bacon strips and enjoy.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #16310

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Two things any Mutant loves to see in the Morning and 1 we get used to.... Hot coffee in a Mutant Mug - and refrigerator / freezer digital reading of 37/5 degrees.... And no ability to post pics as proof
Hey, you gotta get with the times old buddy. You have to state Fahrenheit or Celsius when you post on international sites. It save mutants making long distance phone calls to clarify.

Let me know what you think of the Terrain as that's what my DW is thinking of buying and she is very infatuated with the one her brother owns. I like what he has to boot so I am looking for outside information to gauge what we are thinking, as compared to what others think. There's only one person on here I don't trust and he's writing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good morning Mutants !!!

Sorry its been so long since Ive posted but we have been way busy, we are currently hanging out in FT. Wayne, Indiana for the next week before we head further north into Michigan.
Whereabouts you headed, Youperville?
Quote:

Mike aka Dunner we are sending you healing oooommmmsssss we need ya to get better buddy, you have way to much going on to spend time back in the hospital, remember not to take out your frustrations on the paid help, they are trying to help you.

Les we are also sending healing ooommssss to you and your mom as well. I know how difficult it is when one of your parents arent doing well, and I hope that the doctors and medical staff can work miracles and get her back to the good health she should have, hang in there buddy.

Steve thanks for the update on Shady Creek, it seems that it may be way more expensive than what they let on, not having free wifi for their guests is taking the cheap way out in my humble opinion.
The cost of commercial wifi divided by the number of sites divided by the 120 days of summer should realize a fair cost of the service. The little place we frequent in Princeton BC charges about $1.00 a week for their wifi and I am OK with that even if I'm only there for a day or two.
Quote:

To the rest of you thank you for much reading enjoyment, I can stay caught up on my device, but using the laptop is a lot easier for my fat fingers, Di I know exactly what you mean by doing the fat finger slide.

to our newest mutants, we are so happy you have decided to join us on the rainbow, keep posting and updating so if there are any possibilities to have a mini C make sure you try to have one they are incredibly rewarding.

As the second place holder of the great Bacon cookoff trophy the spread is made with the following,

1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy is my favorite but creamy is fine)
1/2 cup maple syrup

whip till creamy spread on toast or english muffins or anything you like and top with crumbled bacon or half bacon strips and enjoy.

Cheers !!!
You figure out a way to get an easy over egg in that mix and you may just come up with a new version of the Breakfast of Champions.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote