Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #16339

Goooooooooooooood mornin.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #16340

Good Morning all

Just finished breakfast here at our seasonal campground southeast of Lafayettee and northwest of Indianapolis. Finally able to set up the MH this week on our lot. The campground here is jammed for the holiday weekend. Somewhere around 300 units. We have a beautiful shaded lot with lots of space. Good neighbors. We have some new yapping dogs that are not accustomed to a busy campground yet. They'll settle in I'm sure.

Surgery on the SIL went very well. No more pain meds needed. Thumb will, however, be permanently stiff except for the base joint. Could have be much worse. Thanx for the good thoughts and healing ohms.

Gotta go. Flea market at the barn here at the park. God Bless.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #16341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingman View Post
Goooooooooooooood mornin.

Long time, no speak! Good to hear from you. How are things in your corner of the woods?

Waving!
Sue
Old 05-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #16342
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quick update: Mom

Arrived at hospital. No conclusive diagnosis yet. Liver Doctor has been and preparing for what's next. She is seeing her Oncologist (cancer Doc) on Monday. This will give us an idea on direction.
They have taken her off morphine drip and are managing her pain with pills now. She's weak but coherent. I spoke with her and told her how wonderful she was and how much she is loved. Lots of hugs and kisses.
I am going to spend the day with her at the hospital today.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #16343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Me and this bird have a lot in common. We both love Queen.
The San Francisco Globe

Incredible !! We watched it twice, and were in tears of laughter. I'm sending this to my sister who "collects" birds. None of them have this talent, however.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #16344

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
Going through a stack of my unread books this morning, and lookie what I found:

Guess I'd better read it now.

Also, I finished painting the postcard I started at CL last month from a pic of one of their azaleas:

Di, are you painting again? Still sore or over that? Share again, willya?

Who else is painting? Wanna see!

Cheers!
Sue
Sue - that looks to be an interesting read. May have to pick it up. Nice postcard!

Have a great day!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #16345

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Quick update: Mom

I am going to spend the day with her at the hospital today.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.

Hang tough my friend ... the combined strength of your on-line friends will be with you, and your family. Let your brave mom know that we care and are thinking about her. Moms are special people.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #16346

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover

Hang tough my friend ... the combined strength of your on-line friends will be with you, and your family. Let your brave mom know that we care and are thinking about her. Moms are special people.
X2 - Les - wish we had ya with us to whup up on theses car dealers. What a hassle. At yesterday's rate the 2016's will be out before I can close a deal.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #16347

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So a fast update on the toad hunt. Today I will attempt to figure out how long it actually takes to get someone to put a $ amount in front you. I have proven myself able to waste their time and the walk away disinterested. Both the Honda and GMC guy have called today and we'll be off to the Chevy and Jeep dealers in a little while.

The moat interesting thing we saw - and couldn't get a price on for some reason was the last of the 2013 Demo GMC Terrains. 3,300 miles on it - and a medium options level. Drove great - looks great - and we really only had one complaint - when the seat goes down - the cargo area isn't fully flat. The headrest result in a slope and that was a surprise. Not sure about the Jeeps - or the Traverse (probably the same) or Equinox.

So back to exploring and seeing what we can see.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #16348

Good morning all...... Heard Larry up at 4:30. His blood sugar had dropped, and he is usually lucky enough to know it and woke up.... Needed food..... I asked if he was ok, then fell back to sleep. When we both got up again at 7, i gave him the usual good morning hug along with a big kiss and said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...... He kaughed and said no its tomorrow, i turned around went to the calendar, looked and said... Oh you are so right..... Lol. I know what the date of our Anniversary is, the 25th, i know today is Saturday, but i did not know that today was just the 24th...... Besides being a STM, and retired, I don't do numbers....

SMILE, BUT I think it will be 12 years tomorrow......

Sue, trying to get into puppy mode, making new crate covers today, not painting, but getting paintings ready to show. Our Repertory Theater has artist exhibit during a month. I take 5 paintings on Tuesday, had to pick and get them ready. 3 are full sheet, 2 smaller..... Need to paint, but i have a portrait commission i need to do, and just dont wanna.... But past the hump, am now driving and lifting as normal...... Thanks... It is wonderful to not have that heart attack pain from the Gstones......

Have a great Memorial Day... Larry loves the movies... He switches back and forth, went from Iwo Jima to Bizmarck a whike ago, till I got seasick.......

We will be in Maryland and Pennsylvania in early july, and then definitely going to Texas, in October.....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #16349

Steve ... what is wrong with the current toad? Is it ready to be pushed off a cliff into a scrap yard? That's when I begin hunting for a "newer" toad. I think I was premature with my decision to sell my old '62 Ford van. Probably could have squeezed a few more miles out of it. Old cars can be rehabilitated for far less cost than buying something new that is burdened with high-tech, impossible to fix, EPA mandated "stuff".

Now I've done it. I'm slipping into a funk over my mistake of letting the old '47 Crosley go. Small, light weight, easy to fix ... what was I thinking!!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #16350

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Flagship....check out TruCar.com to help on pricing

Also make a copy of your DD214 if you have one. Many manufacturers have special rebate through the 30th for all military....not just the active military.

Good luck.
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #16351

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So a fast update on the toad hunt. Today I will attempt to figure out how long it actually takes to get someone to put a $ amount in front you. I have proven myself able to waste their time and the walk away disinterested. Both the Honda and GMC guy have called today and we'll be off to the Chevy and Jeep dealers in a little while.

The moat interesting thing we saw - and couldn't get a price on for some reason was the last of the 2013 Demo GMC Terrains. 3,300 miles on it - and a medium options level. Drove great - looks great - and we really only had one complaint - when the seat goes down - the cargo area isn't fully flat. The headrest result in a slope and that was a surprise. Not sure about the Jeeps - or the Traverse (probably the same) or Equinox.

So back to exploring and seeing what we can see.

If I remember rightly (don't bet on it!), our '09 Traverse made a fully flat floor. Great vehicle, and we only sold it to downsize our "fleet" and get the Cherokee for a toad.

Good luck and enjoy the search!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #16352
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Going through a stack of my unread books this morning, and lookie what I found:
Attachment 63714
Guess I'd better read it now.

Also, I finished painting the postcard I started at CL last month from a pic of one of their azaleas:
Attachment 63715

Di, are you painting again? Still sore or over that? Share again, willya?

Who else is painting? Wanna see!

Cheers!
Sue
Beautiful, Sue!