Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #16353

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Cindy--how's the trip going??
Thanks for asking, Sarah!

I got my MH (sucessessfully 1st try, and 1st time doing it!) up on the blocks that I bought over the last 8 months ago in sets of 2 just for this trip. The level is off on one side 5", and 3" in the front.

I'm having a relaxing time with my Dad here on his 17 acres.

The internet sucks tho as he has the old, cheapest dial-up still available in this wide world...so can't watch any videos, TV shows or do chats. But...I remind myself...that's not why I'm here!

Yesterday, we fed his Catfish, Mud Turtles and Red-eared Sliders in his pond. The water's quite murkey, so pics probably wouldn't show much. he says it's only clear water in the winter time when the anumals are hanging around at the bottom and not moving much.

We visited the LUC Trading Post (benefit to a local boys' home) on HWY 86 yesterday, and bought a couple things.

Not going to do much this weekend as we anticipate Eureka Springs to be a nightmare BC of the Mem. Day holiday. However, we will be watching the race on Sunday together (my Dad is an ex-racer, and still presently a hot-rod builder).

Got into a discussion with him about putting in some real and level RV pads for me and friends , but I don't think he's on board for it...mostly RE: costs. Anyway, there's logistical issues (aren't there always?)

Would love some input from you all regarding real costs for putting in those?
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #16354

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So a fast update on the toad hunt. Today I will attempt to figure out how long it actually takes to get someone to put a $ amount in front you. I have proven myself able to waste their time and the walk away disinterested. Both the Honda and GMC guy have called today and we'll be off to the Chevy and Jeep dealers in a little while.

The moat interesting thing we saw - and couldn't get a price on for some reason was the last of the 2013 Demo GMC Terrains. 3,300 miles on it - and a medium options level. Drove great - looks great - and we really only had one complaint - when the seat goes down - the cargo area isn't fully flat. The headrest result in a slope and that was a surprise. Not sure about the Jeeps - or the Traverse (probably the same) or Equinox.

So back to exploring and seeing what we can see.
Steve,
The Jeep I have is set up for the headrests to slide out of their support holes and sit on the floor under the seat back which can now lay completely flat. Maybe see if that's the case as they all copy each others better ideas.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #16355

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Quick update: Mom

Arrived at hospital. No conclusive diagnosis yet. Liver Doctor has been and preparing for what's next. She is seeing her Oncologist (cancer Doc) on Monday. This will give us an idea on direction.
They have taken her off morphine drip and are managing her pain with pills now. She's weak but coherent. I spoke with her and told her how wonderful she was and how much she is loved. Lots of hugs and kisses.
I am going to spend the day with her at the hospital today.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.
You have the undivided support of a lot of people sending out healing thoughts and ohmms for you mom.

Keep her happy and held for the duration of your stay.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #16356

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Steve ... what is wrong with the current toad? Is it ready to be pushed off a cliff into a scrap yard? That's when I begin hunting for a "newer" toad. I think I was premature with my decision to sell my old '62 Ford van. Probably could have squeezed a few more miles out of it. Old cars can be rehabilitated for far less cost than buying something new that is burdened with high-tech, impossible to fix, EPA mandated "stuff".

Now I've done it. I'm slipping into a funk over my mistake of letting the old '47 Crosley go. Small, light weight, easy to fix ... what was I thinking!!
Steve doesn't know it but I heard him chorkle on the phone yesterday when I told him my daily driver (Jeep GC Laredo, Limited) was approaching 400 grand on the odometer. When they quit running or are too expensive to repair then I put a bullet though the block and saddle something new.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #16357

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Cindy we gotta talk. I can tell you how to set up your C Class to ease your leveling problems with two pair of scissor jacks and a battery powered impact wrench. Total cost under $300.00 and I KNOW it works. Bindar Dundat.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #16358

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Who else is painting? Wanna see!

Cheers!
Sue

Me,

Thanks for asking

Denise wanted the back patio area door upgraded and I decided to build a whole new entrance assembly. Got a heck of a deal on a used metal door and built all the framing and trim myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5230018.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	63728  
Old 05-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #16359
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Me,

Thanks for asking

Denise wanted the back patio area door upgraded and I decided to build a whole new entrance assembly. Got a heck of a deal on a used metal door and built all the framing and trim myself.
Looks great, Dennis!

And "Bendar Dundat" would make a great user nickname. Kind of like "Ben Dover."
Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #16360
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Quick update: Mom

Arrived at hospital. No conclusive diagnosis yet. Liver Doctor has been and preparing for what's next. She is seeing her Oncologist (cancer Doc) on Monday. This will give us an idea on direction.
They have taken her off morphine drip and are managing her pain with pills now. She's weak but coherent. I spoke with her and told her how wonderful she was and how much she is loved. Lots of hugs and kisses.
I am going to spend the day with her at the hospital today.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.
My best wishes to you all, Les. I'm glad you are there with her and getting to tell her how much you care. (Though I'm positive she already knows.)
Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #16361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Me,

Thanks for asking

Well aren't you just the bee's knees! That looks right smart, so I'll bet Denise is chuffed as little mint balls. A man who knows his way around both a door frame and a paint brush is quite possibly a keeper!

Now, about painting this here house here....?

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #16362

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
She hasn't seen it yet Sue. She is presently on her way home from visiting lawyers and such in Victoria. Papers are all signed and submitted for probate.

In the four and a half days she's been gone I did a lot of work setting up attaboys. I'm sure I've forgotten something so that one awe s**t will wipe the collected attaboys.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #16363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Going through a stack of my unread books this morning, and lookie what I found:
Attachment 63714
Guess I'd better read it now.

Also, I finished painting the postcard I started at CL last month from a pic of one of their azaleas:
Attachment 63715

Di, are you painting again? Still sore or over that? Share again, willya?

Who else is painting? Wanna see!

Cheers!
Sue
Not painting, but almost done except for the background!

Rats, I keep forgetting if I rotate the I-pad to vertical, it won't load it that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	63738  
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #16364

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post

Rats, I keep forgetting if I rotate the I-pad to vertical, it won't load it that way.

Painting with fiber.... Gorgeous....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #16365

Finished installing the Andersen hitch. Not difficult, except I had to get Ted to hold one side of the nuts and bolts to tighten. Had a narrow escape though. I had to drill 7/16 holes through the metal frame for some set screws and was using the big, heavy 1/2 inch drill; the first went fine, the second jammed, broke the bit and kicked back. Nearly did in my wrist, (which isn't very big, lol.) It will be sore, but is okay. Ted would have done it had I asked, but with his vision limitations, it is hard. Plus, I am a stubborn woman and like to do things myself.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #16366

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post

Russian needle punch? It's beauteous! Thanks for sharing flowers with us!

Cheers!
Sue