Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #16409

Here's one for you guys to ponder on:

Once upon a time there were 3 Indian squaws. One slept on a Deer skin, one on an Elk skin, the third on a Hippopotamus skin. All three became pregnant. The first two each had a baby boy. The one who slept on the Hippopotamus skin had twin boys.

This just goes to prove that….. the sons of the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides.

[Those of us who have long forgotten their Pythagorus theorem may need a bit of help with this one]

(This month's quip at the end of my newsletter from Jaguar eX -ex apprentices of Jaguar Cars)
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #16410

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
. All I want is a reliable - new - point A to B car that will flat tow and last. I don't need an investment or a cult. LOL and
Steve, the Smart Car fits your criteria. I bought my 2012 new in Nov 2011 for $14K. And before you say you wouldn't fit in one, you better go test drive one. They look small, but think of it as just the front half of a car. No back seat or trunk, but enough space for lots of groceries behind the seats. 40 mpg, excellent safety, really fun to drive and at only 1480 pounds it tows so easy. Also, the body panels are plastic so no rock chips or parking lot dings. Mine came from Ewing in Plano.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #16411
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
[...](I have an MKX like Wayne's so what do I care? Though mine does not have "curb appeal." ) My point is, make sure you understand "It's a Jeep Thang" before investing in one.
At least I fess up to my curb appeal. Also, I tow mine, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Here's one for you guys to ponder on:

Once upon a time there were 3 Indian squaws. One slept on a Deer skin, one on an Elk skin, the third on a Hippopotamus skin. All three became pregnant. The first two each had a baby boy. The one who slept on the Hippopotamus skin had twin boys.

This just goes to prove that….. the sons of the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides.

[Those of us who have long forgotten their Pythagorus theorem may need a bit of help with this one]

(This month's quip at the end of my newsletter from Jaguar eX -ex apprentices of Jaguar Cars)
Martin, that's sick. I had to stop and think.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #16412
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,

Mini Cooper, convertible to have some fun in. Bigger than a smart car.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #16413

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb and Wayne - I don't see an automatic transmission Smart car or Mini-Cooper on the dinghy list from MH magazine or FMCA.

Have appointment back at Chevy place tomorrow at 1. Leaning toward the Equinox at the moment.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #16414

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Says you.
Hey Steve !!

I have to agree with Dave. .... I was at a Jeep lot today and yeah new Wranglers without side bars are running 30k + I still stand by buying used if you look they can be found gently used ... just sayin ..... if you trade in those two cats you may well be surprised what you will find. I also looked at the Traverse and Equinox and the the Edge .... in my humble opinion you would do well with a 1 or 2 year old Jeep product with a transfer case to tow 4-down.

Jeff
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #16415

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hey Steve !!

I have to agree with Dave. .... I was at a Jeep lot today and yeah new Wranglers without side bars are running 30k + I still stand by buying used if you look they can be found gently used ... just sayin ..... if you trade in those two cats you may well be surprised what you will find. I also looked at the Traverse and Equinox and the the Edge .... in my humble opinion you would do well with a 1 or 2 year old Jeep product with a transfer case to tow 4-down.

Jeff
I suppose you can find a gently used Jeep - but I have looked and looked until I can look no more. They are not here in the DFW area anywhere - and when you find one the premium is still there. I think perhaps I am just not a Jeep person - and I know that I do not like any car dealers and so far the Jeepers are the worst - in person - on the phone and on the net. JMHO.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #16416
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
At least I fess up to my curb appeal. Also, I tow mine, do you?
Nope. We bought the Wrangler to tow. The MKX is a garage queen.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #16417
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Nope. We bought the Wrangler to tow. The MKX is a garage queen.
Garage hog you mean. Earlene's Town Car is the same. It owns one side of the garage. I keep the other side messy and cluttered just to tick her off. (oh oh, she reads these posts. I'm in trouble now.)

BTW: today (yesterday, the day before, and the day before and the..... well you get the picture) she was complaining about some yard work that needed to be done. We have a lawn service but they are only paid for certain items. She also complained that the side walk needed power washing. So today I trimmed the hedges, trimmed the trees that interfere with the MH when I pull up to the curb, and generally spent 4 continuous (no rest) hours getting that done. She was out playing grocery cards, visa, master or whatever, at the store. I was just about to start the cleanup when she came home, so I had to help her unload the groceries. (Sound familiar guys). Back outside and finished the raking and clean up.

I did walk in and I said, "I checked my calendar, and power washing is not on it for today."

So, my story for the clean up of the garage is, it's hot, I'll wait for cooler weather. Then, it's to cold, I'll wait for warmer weather.

Works for me.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #16418

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On Shady Creek - the wifi charge here has apparently changed from what you seen when the login comes up - this is what it says -

WELCOME TO SHADY CREEK RV PARK

PLEASE ENTER YOUR ACCESS CODE BELOW. TO PURCHASE ACCESS CODES, PLEASE CALL OR STOP BY THE OFFICE. 10 - 2 HOUR CODES IS $15. UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR 30 DAYS IS $50. UNLIMITED ACCESS CODE WILL WORK ON ONE COMPUTER. OFFICE - 972-347-5384. OFFICE HOURS - MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8 AM TO 5PM - SATURDAY 9 AM TO 5 PM.

I was told it is actually $12 a week - which is $48 a month - but beats the $15 for 10 2 hour connections. I was told this policy will probably change soon - as a change in ownership may occur next month.

We are hopeful the rain stops soon so we can fey the fish.... Starting to get hungry.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #16419
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,
Come on down! Lots of RV parks in the area, then go check out:

Select Jeeps in League City, TX. They will get you whatever you want. Custom fit just for you.

p.s, how do you fey a fish? Oh, never mind. Diane's fat fingers at work on your keyboard.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #16420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Steve,

Select Jeeps in League City, TX. They will get you whatever you want. Custom fit just for you.

p.s, how do you fey a fish? Oh, never mind. Diane's fat fingers at work on your keyboard.

Lol.... My fingers are getting a workout..... I was just the first to admit to them....... Smile.....

Larry and power washing is like you and your computer..... Think he has almost as many as he has vacuum cleaners.....
He even just got a power washer polisher.... He was using it the other day and a lawn service guy came over and asked him what it was..... To me it looks like a big metal detector....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #16421

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Steve,

Thanks Wayne - League City is the center of the used Jeep Universe... Who knew??

Maybe we will just go on the road without a toad and drive around the country looking for the perfect Jeep deal. Oh wait - we're thinking we probably aren't Jeepers.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #16422

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have posted an update about Dunner on the RVM email list. I didn't think Mike would want that info posted here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote