Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #1653

Oh yeah! We were gone in our 50s too, golden handshake and all. It all went toward refurbing and adding on to a Victorian era stick 'n' brick...while we could still do all the work.

Good grief! That was nearly 20 years ago. Gotta go ponder on that.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #1654

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson

58 for me. I got caught in an IBM "resource action" which basically meant they pink slipped me early, but paid me a bunch of money to go quietly.
Where do I sign up?

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #1655

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
RVM31 Checking In!

We have been camped at Riverside RV Park in Loveland, CO. since last Monday. Park is right on the Big Thompson River so I can sit in my lounge chair and fish and look at the beautiful foothills to the Rockies. However the phone reception is spotty at best so haven't been able to post. In fact I'm not sure this will even get out. On the chance it does, just want to report that the "Texas Elite" 14 U went 2&2 in pool play and won the first bracket game today 7-0 against "Denver Venom" in a lopsided effort. I have to brag a little to announce that one of my twin granddaughters Aly blasted a bases loaded triple that was about five feet short of a grand slam. Man this Papa and Mammy started yellin like crazy! Need two wins tomorrow to be guaranteed a spot in finals on Sunday. Gooooo Texas Elite!

Had a break on Wed. So we headed up to Eagles nest then on to Rocky Mountain National Park. Most amazing beauty these old eyes have witnessed thus far. Added bonus at 13000 ft when a herd of about 60 elk decided to stop traffic as they crossed the road. One large female walked right up beside me and just stood there looking at me photographing her as if she was posed. Great day admiring God's creation. We couldn't help but wonder if earth is this beautiful, what must heaven look like? Will post an update when I can on the Tournement play and add some pics. Hope all our mutant brothers and sisters have a safe and happy holiday week.

RVM 31
Old 07-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #1656
RVM1

HerbnBarb

Looking forward to pics!

We seldom do repeat trips. But this may happen again next month:

http://davenola.blogspot.com/2012/08...on-me.html?m=1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/2012/08...-gore.html?m=1

Critiques of my blog are welcomed!

Have been back from MN for less than 2 weeks, but have a burning desire for the weather Down East

Dave
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #1657

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Hi, ya'll. Thought I better check in. Still alive and kickin. Have been workin around the S and B for a while gettin some things done that should have been done a long time ago. Also have been in contact with some buddies that I haven't heard from in over 40 years. We were in the Navy together. Went to Boot Camp and then Hospital Corpsman school together. I have been trying to find 2 of them for many years. Found them on Facebook. Saw a group I wanted to join and found out that the group was started by one the guys I had been looking for. It has been really great talking to them.
Haven't been any where since we were out last month. Don't have anything on the books until September.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

RVM3
Jerry
jdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #1658
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Where do I sign up?
This was back in what the IBM historians refer to as the "Fat, Dumb & Happy" era. The golden parachute is pretty much a thing of the past.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #1659

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson
This was back in what the IBM historians refer to as the "Fat, Dumb & Happy" era. The golden parachute is pretty much a thing of the past.
I was offered early retirement about 5 years ago. I was 53 and would have been vested and treated as 55. It was a good offer but the timing wasn't right. Would have had to go out and find another job. In retrospect that would have been an ok move - not great and no regrets.

I took the hint. Payed off all debt - got into an apartment and accelerated retirement and full time mutant plan from 62 to 59.5 or thereabouts. We have accelerated the payoff on Bonita Bounder from 15 yr note to 2 years but it's a discipline and bit of a challenge. We will not hit road with any debt. Still on course.

We view life ahead in full mutation as a blessing not to be encumbered with obligations or pressure on our longterm financial freedom. Others have suggested go now, but we have decks to clear and sticking to our knitting for now. I have to say the call of the mutant red roads is growing louder and stronger.

Now if they would come back with that offer again - well we would be gone in a mutant minute.

All you mutants out there - have a mutantlicous day!
RVM2
Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #1660

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutant Roll Call. If ya made it through the holiday Sound Off.

RVM2 present and accounted for. 10 more sleeps till Annie comes home.
RVM2
Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #1661

Stayed inside for the most part. `Twas in the teens this weekend.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #1662
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mutant Roll Call. If ya made it through the holiday Sound Off.

RVM2 present and accounted for. 10 more sleeps till Annie comes home.
RVM2
RVM24 reporting as directed. Still glorious weather on the Oregon coast. Town fireworks display sparked off 1 acre brush fire. Both fire trucks responded. Big happening in a small town.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #1663

FD hosed down everything near the site in Prescott.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #1664
RV Mutant #29

Dodged a bullet!

Packing up this a.m. to leave from the first campsite on a 9 day trip. Closed up the trailer, put my purse down on the picnic table, opened the truck, stowed the dog and DH called me to come and look at something on the hitch. All well, hopped in the truck and off we go. About 15 minutes later I wanted DH to check the cellphone for messages since there was no service where we had been. Cellphone in purse, OMG, no purse......Took me a moment to mentally retrace steps and realize where it must be. Stopped and looked in the trailer just to be sure, no dice. Turned the rig around and back we went. I was not a happy camper, fearful that it would be gone and we would be heading home. BUT back at the campsite, there it was on the picnic table. Trip saved and only 45 minutes lost. We are now in a great spot on Manitoulin Island for 3 nights. Always a guessing game for what will be. Last night's spot had a very nice website. The reality was a campground with 99% permanent trailers all crammed together practically touching. All part ofthe game! We are more often in Provincial Parks with hydro only but wanted full hookups for this trip. Onward!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #1665

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Timarti - whew, that was a close call - especially with close neighbors.

Trouble averted Roll Call Reactivated. Sound off mutants. And anyone know if our mascot and honor guard are ok?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #1666
RVM1

RVM1 reporting for roll call.

Family and friends time was very grand! No fireworks. No campfire. Too ugly hot and humid! All took place at daughters house. Yes, did tease Brad (it's my job, aye) and ate waaay too much.

We have hired a private tour guide for 3 days in Fredericksburg VA for in-depth tours of the 3 Civil War sites there. Really anxious.

I Mutated several times over the last few days. But I think I'm done now. Starting to have dreams of rope lights wrapped in bacon.

I hope all of you sick twisted freak RVMs had an awesome 4th of July!

God Bless America!

Dave and Nola
RVM1

PS: Rocky says hello (he nodded) and looks forward to a Curiosity of Mutant Mascots

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote